Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Tools    

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Another fantasy film in the vein of Harry Potter, complete with kids and magical characters, in this case, the Olympian gods.

Here's the teaser trailer:

And the full trailer:

Looks like fun. Of course, there is a reason I'm rather interested....

Sean Bean plays Zeus.

http://theflickcast.com/2009/09/18/n...the-olympians/

Release date: February 2010.

I am a bit worried about Chris Columbus being the Director. I think he's a rather boring director and the first two Harry Potters, which he directed, are rather mundane affairs. I gather this will be a fun little film for kids, although I'll see it merely because Bean is in it.

New One Sheet for Percy Jackson & The Olympians

20th Century Fox provided ComingSoon.net with a new poster for Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, which can be seen below.

The film is based on the book by Rick Riordan and follows a young boy who discovers he is the descendant of a Greek god and sets out on an adventure to settle an on-going battle between the gods. These aren’t just any gods however. Sean Bean plays Zeus, Kevin McKidd plays Poseidon and Steve Coogan plays Hades. The film also stars Pierce Brosnan as Chiron, Uma Thurman as Medusa and Rosario Dawson as Persephone.

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief will be released next February and is directed by Chris Columbus (first two Harry Potter movies).

Source: Filmonic

Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief International Trailer

The International trailer for Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief has hit the Interweb, and it looks better than the previous trailer(s) that we’ve seen for the film.

The difference? This international trailer actually sets up something of an interesting (and action-packed) story, rather than simply providing us a glimpse at something that looks like yet another Harry Potter knock-off.

Speaking of Harry Potter, Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief is being helmed by Chris Columbus, the same guy who directed the first two installments of the Potter franchise. Percy Jackson is based on the popular young-adult novels by Rick Riordan, and tells the story of a young boy named Percy (Logan Lerman) who discovers he is the descendant of the Greek Gods, only to become embroiled in a god-war.

The cast of actors playing the gods in the movie are made up of some very familiar faces – see if you can spot them in the trailer:

In case you didn’t catch them all, the gods are Pierce Brosnan as Chiron, Uma Thurman as Madusa, Sean Bean as Zeus, Kevin McKidd as Poseidon, Rosario Dawson as Persephone Serinda Swan as Aphrodite, Erica Cerra as Hera, Luke Camilleri as Dionysus, Dylan Neal as Hermes and Melina Kanakaredes as Athena. Also in the cast are Catherine Keener as Sally Jackson and Brandon T. “Tropic Thunder” Jackson as Grover Underwood.

Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief hits theaters on February 12, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

We already had an existing thread on this movie so I merged your thread with it and added the whole movie title to make a search easier (shaking my finger at Tramp... ) ....

Anyway, this looks like something I could take some of my younger cousins to see... thanks for the new trailer....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sorry. I always do a search before starting a thread and nothing must have come up or I didn't search the right words. *shrugs*

No... no... you misunderstood... badhairdude started a thread after your thread that I merged with yours... he titled his thread Percy Jackson: The Lightening Thief... the latter of which was not in your title so I added it and hopefully it will make searching for this movie easier in the future...

New Percy Jackson poster and featurette

A new Swiss poster for Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief has found it’s way online, and it looks rather cool. Logan Lerman plays Percy Jackson who is the son of Poseidon and a demigod. Because of this he has quite a few powers up his sleeve, for instance he can move and control large volumes of water with great force, as seen with the poster below.

A featurette for the film has also been released, and in it the cast talk about their characters and the story.

&feature=player_embedded#

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief is directed by Chris Columbus and stars Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd, Uma Thurman and Rosario Dawson, and will be released next February.

Source: Filmonic

yay, percy meets hades

Seen this movie... And it was outstanding!

Thanks trapm for the trailer and it is working. Dear the name Harry potter and Rouling is enough for advertisement. I think this will be also hit like potters other films. Best of luck.

I'm going to see it this evening, pretty much as its my day off this week, its an orange wednesday and theres nothing else on that we can agree on seeing.

*fingers crossed my gut feeling on it is wrong*