Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Tools    

I am burdened with glorious purpose
well, you've probably all heard that Depp came out at the Disney 23 Expo and they announced the name of the next Pirates film.

&feature=related

God, he's so adorable.

Here's a link that talks about it...http://www.mania.com/pirates-4-stran...le_117568.html

Now, what I found interesting is the title. Seems there is a fantasy novel called "On Stranger Tides" and it deals with the Fountain of Youth. The summary is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Stranger_Tides

Now, here they guess that the protagonist in the novel would be replaced by Sparrow. I'm not so sure. I think it would be better if someone would play that character and Jack plays off him. After all, Jack was always supposed to be the trickster. The "Jack Shandy" character could be the Will Turner type. There is also a damsel in distress.

I just hope they don't get so convoluted. A pirate adventure is just fine without a crapload of confusing plot points. Just make a grand adventure! I just love these movies even though I probably shouldn't.

well, you've probably all heard that Depp came out at the Disney 23 Expo and they announced the name of the next Pirates film.
Yes.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Coming 2011‎

At the Disney D23 Expo, some new info has been revealed regarding the upcoming fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The studio recently announced the new film’s subtitle as, On Stranger Tides. Pirates is scheduled for release during the summer of 2011, and will feature the return of Captain Jack as played by Johnny Depp. The new title isn’t as catchy as At World’s End, but it will do.

Production on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2010 around April or May. At the moment they haven’t confirmed a director for the feature even though earlier reports had Chicago helmer Rob Marshall up for the job. Since Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be reprising their roles for the fourth film, Disney is considering On Stranger Tides the first installment of a new trilogy.

Source: ScreenCrave

Since Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be reprising their roles for the fourth film, Disney is considering On Stranger Tides the first installment of a new trilogy.

Best news I've read all day.

I thought this franchise was supposed to be over after part 3.

I never saw any after the first one... I thought that one was very boring.

I thought this franchise was supposed to be over after part 3.
No...there was news about a fourth even when the third was still in theaters. Back then it was just heresay. Bruckheimer wanted to do a 4th but turned it down. then redecided to do a 4th

Depp is still an amazing actor as a whole.

He can go from something as mainstream and outstandingly populist as the screaming crowds at a freakin Disney expo to making some film in Europe that no **** ever sees!

Good on him!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Jrs posted that Johnny is upset at the firing of Cook over at Disney and has lost enthusiasm for the project. That's pretty interesting. I wonder how much Disney is kissing Depp's feet about now:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...=20199&page=21

I also wanted to say that I find it hard to follow some of the upcoming movies around here if they are all posted over at Jrs' thread. I think it would be better to have specific threads for specific movies.

I also wanted to say that I find it hard to follow some of the upcoming movies around here if they are all posted over at Jrs' thread. I think it would be better to have specific threads for specific movies.
Yes there are specific threads for specific movies. But to be truthful, most of the movie based info on this board nowadays is posted by me. And it really isn't hard to follow the news i post in my thread. Just go to the first post and look in the index for the movie you want and the post you want to read. Click on the link and you will be sent to that specific post.

Yes I am a little behind in updating the index but that really doent take long to do so.

Movie Fan
Don't get me wrong, i love Johnny Depp, but i am tired of Pirates of the Caribbean movies, lets see something new.

Can't wait to see Depp do another Jack Sparrow role, I hope they can try a better plot this time...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...But to be truthful, most of the movie based info on this board nowadays is posted by me...
Woah nelly! Let me pull you down off your soapbox, yet again. Most of those posts are by you because nobody is going to spend all day scrounging around news sites looking for tasty tidbits of info. Tone it down a notch and you'll find that you're not the only one posting here. I guar-on-tee it.

I think it would be better to have specific threads for specific movies.
That's how it used to be done...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Employee of the Month
In my opinion the last one was the best one. So maybe, just maybe it`s getting better. Otherwise, i´ve never really understand the hype. I only liked the marriage in the middle of the sea-battle:

"Dear Community, we are gathered here today to... NAIL YOUR GUTS TO THE MAST, YOU STINKIN JELLYFISH!" Loved that scene, but not the present sequelmania in hollywood.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I like the idea of a new trilogy but I didnt much care for the 3rd installment.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Yes there are specific threads for specific movies. But to be truthful, most of the movie based info on this board nowadays is posted by me.
I would post current news but stopped since you came back with your thread, because it was just too much of a hassle to double check your thread, searching and searching to see if you already updated the news or not.

I also think that it's easier to see a thread dedicated to the one film, instead of one thread with tons of stuff in it.

I appreciate all the info you pull in, but it's just easier, in my opinion, to go to the thread for the film.

Suspect's Reviews

... Most of those posts are by you because nobody is going to spend all day scrounging around news sites looking for tasty tidbits of info. Tone it down a notch and you'll find that you're not the only one posting here. I guar-on-tee it.
I said MOST not all. You got the first part of that correctly.

That's how it used to be done...
..and yeah, and that's how it used to be done around here. People rarely post anything.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
..and yeah, and that's how it used to be done around here. People rarely post anything.
I would post current news but stopped since you came back with your thread, because it was just too much of a hassle to double check your thread, searching and searching to see if you already updated the news or not.
So there you have it, it's not that people choose not to post, it's that you're beating them to the punch. As I said before, scale it back a tad and others will post, too.

In the Beginning...
People rarely post anything.
You didn't post anything for months because you were off doing something else. What's your point?

I appreciate having the info around too, and believe me, I know how much time it takes to keep that updated. So kudos. But man, if you're going to be all high-and-mighty about it, I'm just going to ignore your thread altogether.

And for what it's worth, I like having the individual threads around too, because some of these flicks warrant extended discussion that ought not be muddying up a catch-all news thread.