The Time Traveler's Wife

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I just got this book as a gift! Yours is the first bad review I have heard of the book.

I haven't read the book but the trailer looks pretty good, and the movie stars two of my favorite actors. I already know I'm going to be needing tissues when I go see this....

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I didn't care for the book either but tons of folks did. I found the book highly frustrating. Here is a guy who can't drive because he might "travel" without warning but he can hold and babysit a child, huh??

I didn't like the lead characters because I didn't have any reason to and that almost always kills the enjoyment of a book for me. On the bright side, this could be one of those rare cases in which I actually like the movie better!

I didn't care for the book either but tons of folks did. I found the book highly frustrating. Here is a guy who can't drive because he might "travel" without warning but he can hold and babysit a child, huh??

I didn't like the lead characters because I didn't have any reason to and that almost always kills the enjoyment of a book for me. On the bright side, this could be one of those rare cases in which I actually like the movie better!
I felt exactly the same way. The characters had no charisma or personality whatsoever and the book was far too long.

I've never even picked the book up to read the cover but the trailer is just boring to me... and I have no desire to see this at all...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I agree that Rachel McAdams is pretty. That's the only thing about the film that makes me want to see it at all.

Recently I did read that there were some changes from the film to the book. The film might be better if they were good changes.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
No, they were not good changes. The film lacked the subtlety of the book, to me. And if you thought the book wasn't that good I doubt you'd like the film.

I tried to read this book, but I just couldn't get into it, movie was alright
Fantasy is more my speed

Hope the movie is better than the trailer all a bit mushy for me

Dachshunds Fear Me
I haven't read the book, but I did see the movie - and I really liked it.

Maybe I was just in the mood for a schmoopy romance, but I thought the chemistry between Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana was very good, and it was actually funny in spots. McAdams is charming, and the camera loves her. Bana's shaping up as a fine romantic leading man.

And he's nekkid - that never hurts...

George: Arthur.

... and Eric Bana was very good, and it was actually funny in spots. McAdams is charming, and the camera loves her. Bana's shaping up as a fine romantic leading man.

And he's nekkid - that never hurts...
Wasn't he nude in Hulk too? The man is comfortable in his nakedness, that's for sure.

Dachshunds Fear Me
Wasn't he nude in Hulk too? The man is comfortable in his nakedness, that's for sure.
Yeah, he sure doesn't seem to have any modesty issues. Then again, we're talking about a big, strapping guy like Bana, so why would he?

And that's fine by me...

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of the very few romantic films I enjoyed. It's not the typical romantic films we see every day with the overly cheesy lines and predictable plot. This one is different. Based from the best selling novel of the same title by Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife tells the interesting love story of Clare and Henry, the time traveler.

Edited poster made with Pixisnap Polaroid Creator.

I personally enjoyed watching the film. The story was nicely presented. Acting from Rachel McAdams as the struggling wife was superb. Eric Bana met my expectations and the young girl who portrayed Clare was very funny. LOL. All in all, I think that the movie did give justice to the book. Though it may not have profoundly elaborated on certain subplots, the movie still holds strong as a really nice representation of the wonderful novel.

And by the way, the song "Broken" by Lifehouse was spot on as a track of the movie. Really great.

So, how about you? Any thoughts?