HBO Making Game of Thrones

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
A mess tent collapsed on the crew when they were filming in the high winds on the North coast yesterday. Just thought I'd mention.

Y'know, I should try my hand at being an extra 'cos it's filmed an hour up the road. The family have form in that area...

Finally had the time to make it through the first season, and I'm so amazed. I usually hate the stuff that takes place in this time period, which is why it took me so long to watch it, but this had me hooked after the first episode. I can't wait for season 2.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Finished season 1 two nights back. Holy cow. I did NOT see some of that coming!!

WARNING: "GoT S1" spoilers below
Mainly: Ned Stark getting shorter. WTFingH!!!

Some completely awesome female characters, here. LOVE Daenerys, Arya and Cat. The reveal of the dragon hatchlings was fantastic and gorgeous. And I can't wait to see Arya kick arse. I haven't read the books, but I'm guessing she's going to kick arse hard.

Peter Dinklage is also completely awesome. What are the odds of having an actor who is good looking, brilliant, and a dwarf? Dare I say "small"? (blahahaha) I've seen it suggested that this role was written for him. It would have to be, because that combo is rare indeed.

The art direction is generally excellent, though I have to say: those wigs are friggin' distracting. The sets make up for that, though.

Looking forward to season 2.

I can not wait. Finished the book's recently so it's hard to comment without alluding to what I know is coming.

Surprised at love for Cat, though. She's generally one of the most reviled characters.