Cowboys and Aliens

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
You're the only one here posting in Tahoma, so yeah, probably.
I went ahead and fixed that for ya.

The acting and casting were good.... My one gripe (and I've decided since last night that it is indeed a gripe) is that the movie wasn't campy enough.
I couldn't agree more, and I did actually quite enjoy it. They were trying to market the movie on Indiana Jones and James Bond being in the same movie together, yet they failed even reference either series. It was actually something I was looking forward to seeing how they were going to do, but it never came up. I was disappointed by this.

I couldn't agree more, and I did actually quite enjoy it. They were trying to market the movie on Indiana Jones and James Bond being in the same movie together, yet they failed even reference either series. It was actually something I was looking forward to seeing how they were going to do, but it never came up. I was disappointed by this.
You can deliver a fun film with serious tones without being campy. Favs did this with both Iron Man films. The problem with this movie is that it didn't know what it wanted to be. It abandons all fun but delivers a plot with dialogue so bad and a concept so dumb that it can't be enjoyed as a serious adventure film. It's caught in no man's land.

A movie with this title that delivers zero amount of fun really has to be considered a failure. The concept starts out fine but almost every scene that goes by peels away an uncomfortable layer and the film slowly degenerates in to an unpleasant time at the cinema. How did they end up doing that to this concept? The writers try and flesh out Harrison Ford’s character but fail. Olivia Wilde’s character is truly a contrivance and really makes no sense at all. The makers of this film in the absence of fun jam in death and semi-horror in hopes that something sticks. Overall, this is a mess of a movie from a cast, director and producers that really should know better.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Northpoint, I am sad that I can only rep that post once. That's precisely where I ended up after mulling it over a little bit. It wasn't gory enough to be horror, wasn't actiony enough to be an action film, campy enough to be an Indy Jones-type movie, or western enough to be a full-blown western.

Cowboys & Aliens is a title aching to be more fun.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
At some point you have to recognize what audience these sorta movies are being made for.

I think if you were a 11-15 boy, you'd leave the theatre grinnen from ear to ear.

Love seeing Harrison Ford on the big screen with Daniel Criag..
Loads of action.. Check out the review

I have watched this movie. This is very interesting movie.

Cowboys & Aliens invades home video this December

2011-10-06

Despite a silly title, Cowboys & Aliens had the potential to be one of the summer's big hits. It had Jon Favreau in the director's chair, fresh off helping make an unlikely hit franchise out of Marvel's Iron Man. Its catalogue of screenwriters included the golden-boy pairing of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, as well as former Lost honcho Damon Lindelof. Its cast united badasses of two generations in Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. It had both cowboys and aliens. Hell, it even threw in the unfair hotness of Olivia Wilde just to run up the score.

The end result, however, didn't quite live up to that potential. Sure, with a worldwide gross of around $200 million, the movie definitely did okay, but when the reported budget is $163 million that's not the victory it could be. Of course, box office doesn't always equate quality, and when it comes to Cowboys & Aliens I've heard every opinion from "awesome" to "awful" and back again. If you're like me and missed it in theaters, you'll get the chance to judge for yourself when Cowboys & Aliens hits Blu-ray, DVD, download, and On Demand this December 6th, courtesy of Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
Universal hasn't scrimped on the bonus features, so anybody hoping to dive behind the scenes will get a commentary with director Favreau and tons more.