The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
The one that pains me the most among the ones I missed was the one about the round where Butch had to throw the fight. I mean, I had the quote in my mind "In the fifth, your ass goes down", and for some weird, second-guess reason, went with sixth
I could have sworn it was the fourth... I missed that one.

I thought Pulp Fiction was the only movie that could possibly de-throne The Godfather. Guess I now have to put my faith in Paul Blart: Mall Cop to pull off the upset.

Obviously Pulp Fiction was my #1. (I'd copy/paste my giant write-up for it but that feels sorta like whipping my dong out on the countertop, so I'll just provide a link instead.) Surprised and disappointed that it's the only Tarantino on the countdown. I would've expected Reservoir Dogs and Inglourious Basterds to easily make the cut.

Since last posting in here, Psycho, The Matrix, Taxi Driver, Alien and Apocalypse Now have appeared from my ballot. When Bio-Dome makes its inevitable appearance in the next day or two, that'll give me 11 from my list.

I got me a 60% on the quiz and I didn't even know who all the characters were or what scenes the quiz was referring to. I don't know the movie, but I do think like a script writer...this is why I should right [sic] movies

Pulp was one of my toughest omissions from my list. Argue all you want about Quentin's ability to sample from films that have inspired his life.

What is worth remembering is that you have memorable characters from the hitmen to the couple in the diner to the man who went through great lengths to get a man his watch to Jules's date at Jackrabbit Slim's. Then throw in iconic moments such as the two of them cutting a rug, the confrontation with the youths in the apartment, the interrogation in the car, the reveal of what's in that hidden room. And be sure to sprinkle in some memorable lines like "a Royale with cheese" and "I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" The result is a delectable delight.

Accept no imitations.

Seen Pulp Fiction and didn't mind it, the movie had a good cast in it though

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I had a Tarantino film on my list, but not Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction may be the movie I've seen the most times as an adult. I was in my early to mid-twenties, and I watched it rather compulsively, like more than once a month, for several years. That and True Romance. Eventually I would slow way down on my re-watches, and by then I'd turned to Jackie Brown, which still remains my favorite Tarantino film, and the one I think, putting aside all the hype and influence of Pulp Fiction, is his actual best movie. Jackie Brown did make my list. Today I have little desire to return to Pulp Fiction, except maybe once a decade, but Jackie feels as fresh now as it did over twenty years ago.

Inglourious Basterds I thought was a great return to form for Tarantino, and is my other favorite Tarantino film, but Jackie is still tops.

I had a Tarantino film on my list, but not Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction may be the movie I've seen the most times as an adult. I was in my early to mid-twenties, and I watched it rather compulsively, like more than once a month, for several years. That and True Romance. Eventually I would slow way down on my re-watches, and by then I'd turned to Jackie Brown, which still remains my favorite Tarantino film, and the one I think, putting aside all the hype and influence of Pulp Fiction, is his actual best movie. Jackie Brown did make my list. Today I have little desire to return to Pulp Fiction, except maybe once a decade, but Jackie feels as fresh now as it did over twenty years ago.

Inglourious Basterds I thought was a great return to form for Tarantino, and is my other favorite Tarantino film, but Jackie is still tops.

Plus, "Jackie Brown" has that dynamite soundtrack.

The Adventure Starts Here!
People still think Casablanca is making this list eh? I feel like a certain movie has been disregarded by many that may surprise a lot of ya.[/url]

No? Not this one??

Who's just behind him there? Looks like Anthony Hopkins and Thomas Jane.
Tom Sizemore, not Anthony Hopkins.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Tom Sizemore, not Anthony Hopkins.
Cocaine is a helluva drug

Quentin Tarantino is one of those directors who is, as they say, Not For Me. I like some of his movies fine, and Pulp Fiction is probably my favorite of the lot, but to be honest while I enjoy them for awhile by the end I usually find his particular shtick wearisome. I've seen the majority of his films and conclude that Tarantino doesn't have that much to say, and what he does have to say isn't that interesting to me. Needless to say, not on my list, but I'm happy for those of you who do like him (and there are obviously a lot of you!).

Guesses for tomorrow's movie??

I'm picking Departed on this one, it will probably be Casablanca though

OK, let's see if I can at least predict the order of the remaining five...

5. Pulp Fiction
4. Casablanca
3. GoodFellas
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
1. The Godfather
It took me until there were only five spots left (geesh!), but at least I correctly ordered Pulp Fiction, anyway. I'll stick with that top four.

I was a bit worried that Pulp Fiction was a contender for #1, but it's a bit of a surprise seeing that it's lower than #3. But Pulp Fiction is still one of my all-time favorites. The only potential flaw is that the actos sometimes go out of tbeir way to say the f-word more times than necessary just to say "hey look, an R-rating."