Movies You Love (But Will Never Watch Again)

Tools    

Being new here and haven't came across this topic. If it has, please excuse me.

Testament ('83) - there's a couple of scenes that left me upset for quite awhile
Schindlers List ('93) - Subject matter
Boyhood ('14) - Length of film
La La Land ('16) - saw it as a tribute to '50s style musicals. Don't generally like musicals.

The movie Se7en was one of the most irritating and perfect movies ever created.
In one word, it destroyed me at the end!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Being new here and haven't came across this topic. If it has, please excuse me.

Testament ('83) - there's a couple of scenes that left me upset for quite awhile
Schindlers List ('93) - Subject matter
Boyhood ('14) - Length of film
La La Land ('16) - saw it as a tribute to '50s style musicals. Don't generally like musicals.

Schindler's List is a very tough watch, but it's a great movie.

I still haven't seen La La Land, but I love the old musicals, so I'm pretty sure that it will be a new favorite movie for me when I eventually get around to seeing it.

Never is a long time, but I've put off revisiting Come and See after it knocked me on my ass during my first viewing a few years ago. One of the most intense and upsetting films I've ever seen. Now that it's been put out on Blu-ray by Criterion, it might be time to get knocked on my ass again.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Lol, as far as movies are concerned this is a contradiction for me, if i really love a movie i'll definitely wait 6 months or so and watch it again...

however, i really did love the sopranos series, yet i may not watch it again because its so long and complicated. A very rich tapestry indeed, maybe a little too rich for me...

Requiem for a Dream is close, but probably the only one that I "loved" (as in thought it was great), but would never watch again, was The Road. I just don't want to go there again, especially since the scenario seems completely believable to me. If the Flash does happen, I want to be at ground zero.

Thats defo mine. 10/10 film, but I really dont think I could watch it again!
I heard it was one of the most disturbing movies of all time so I was really scared to watch it since I was afraid of toy story 2 until my 14 birthday but I didn't felt anything and I could rewatch it anytime. I do believe though that if you had encounter someone in the past who fought addictions or were yourself under the influence it may very well hit differently. But despite anything I can agree, like everyone else, that it is a great movie.

I'm pretty sure this is not the first thread on the subject, but there are handful of films that aIthough they were superb, there is no way I could ever sit trough them again:

The Killing Fields

The Passion of the Christ

Cast Away

What Lies Beneath

Movies like Come and See and Requiem for a Dream are certainly intense and upsetting, but I think they're really strong films which I could see myself revisiting every now and then. Come and See is one of my favorites, in particular, so I wouldn't say that I'll never watch those two films again.

Classic movies which contain actual scenes of animals being killed (Andrei Rublev, The Rules of the Game, Mouchette, and Wake in Fright) can make me hesitant to watch them again, but I usually just skip those scenes or look away from the screen when they happen. On the other hand, a movie like Cannibal Holocaust which has several scenes of animals being killed (some of which are fairly prolonged) is a different story, but I didn't love that film. I thought it was average, so it doesn't apply to this topic for me. I feel the same for films with racist scenes, like Swing Time as I just skip the blackface scene in it.

The only film I can think of which I loved, but may never watch again is Night and Fog. I love the film quite a lot, but it's definitely a hard watch as it features dead bodies fairly consistently throughout it. Never is a long time, but it's definitely going to be a really long time before I watch it again, provided I even do so.

I'm pretty sure this is not the first thread on the subject, but there are handful of films that aIthough they were superb, there is no way I could ever sit trough them again:

The Killing Fields

The Passion of the Christ
Yeah, add these two to my list also.

The only film I can think of which I loved, but may never watch again is Night and Fog. I love the film quite a lot, but it's definitely a hard watch as it features dead bodies fairly consistently throughout it. Never is a long time, but it's definitely going to be a really long time before I watch it again, provided I even do so.
WARNING: "][/SPOILERS]
[SPOILERS="Is it the korean movie where everybody die of asphexia in a cargo ship? cause if it is HELL YEAH it looks depressing as ****" spoilers below
Is it the korean movie where everybody die of asphexia in a cargo ship? cause if it is HELL YEAH it looks depressing as ****

I know that mel gibson does hardcore violence movies but if cannibal haulocaust has already been cited I think it became a completly other ball game

I just figured it out. Personnaly the most scary movies I have ever seen is Truman show when I was like 10 and it made me paranoid and every once in a while when I get out of the shower I'll duck under the mirror just in case.
It made me a complete freak and even though it is a fine movie I will never watch it again