You haven't seen a film until you've seen it twice(?)

Tools    

I agree with the topic. Some movie deserves multiple viewing to fully appreciate it. Fight Club is one example.

On the other hand, some movie depreciates after multiple viewing - for example: Deadpool.
For some reason, I have never made it through Fight Club without falling asleep. Ditto Rounders. Deadpool I bailed out of within 30 minutes.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think I would have to agree that it's for some movies and not all.

Pulp Fiction for example, I have to come to appreciate on later viewings, compared to when I first saw it.

Raging Bull I have only seen once so far, and it's one of those movies, I could go either way on and can't decide. So I think I would need a rewatch to decide on that one.

I didn't like District 9 on a first viewing and found it to be too short and rushed, and too much about action than story, with an ending that left more questions than answers. But on a second viewing, I was able to appreciate all the merits more.

I tried watching Brazil, but the movie was so over the top and pretentious that half way through, I just couldn't take it anymore and had to turn it off. I don't think any second viewing could change my opinion, and felt it wasn't even worth my time, after watching it halfway through.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm inclined to agree with this. So many of my favourites were films that I didn't like at first for one reason or another, though I do find myself questioning what the difference is between something being an acquired taste and me just forcing myself to like it. In any case, I'll certainly take that gamble over a film that wows me the first time around but then falls apart when I try to revisit it.

I don't actually wear pants.
I don't subscribe to that line of thinking. Opinions change all the time, so it's not unheard of to even love a movie the first time, and hate it the second. It's up to the viewer, not some hard-fast rule set by some weird society. I loved the Human Condition trilogy the first time I watched it, and have seen it twice since then, and it held up perfectly. I hated Spider-Man 2 on my first watch, and have zero desire to ever watch it again. I don't know if my opinion would change, but I'm not eager to find out.

I think I would have to agree that it's for some movies and not all.

Pulp Fiction for example, I have to come to appreciate on later viewings, compared to when I first saw it.

Raging Bull I have only seen once so far, and it's one of those movies, I could go either way on and can't decide. So I think I would need a rewatch to decide on that one.

I tried watching Brazil, but the movie was so over the top and pretentious that half way through, I just couldn't take it anymore and had to turn it off. I don't think any second viewing could change my opinion, and felt it wasn't even worth my time, after watching it halfway through.
Loved Pulp Fiction from the first screen shot. Ditto Reservoir Dogs. Love Raging Bill - seen it many times.

For some reason, I have never made it through Fight Club without falling asleep. Ditto Rounders. Deadpool I bailed out of within 30 minutes.
That's quite a shame in my honest opinion. Maybe one day you should have a 10 hour sleep and then have a coffee, then play those movies again.

I would love if that would mean I could un-see some movies. I digress, good movies deserve to be seen twice at least, there are a lot of details I don't get the first time watching.

I would love if that would mean I could un-see some movies.
Hear hear!

Then there are movies that effectively change as the viewer's perspective changes. The perfect example for me is "Fiddler on the Roof", which I've always loved (initially for the music). When I was younger, I identified completely with the kids in the movie. Now that I'm older and have been involved in raising stepkids, I still believe the kids should be free to choose their own mates, but I find myself sympathizing more and more with Tevye's point of view.

It feels like the movie has grown and matured with me, rather than the other way around. But then again, maybe that kind of thing hinges on the quality and psychosocial honesty of the individual movie.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'd say a second viewing is very beneficial. I've been distracted watching a movie and didn't realize all the nuances and goodness til the 2nd viewing

That's quite a shame in my honest opinion. Maybe one day you should have a 10 hour sleep and then have a coffee, then play those movies again.
Even if I slept for a week, I still would not like Deadpool.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If that's true, I've seen only about 30 movies. :P
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yes, but you also said: "For some reason, I have never made it through Fight Club without falling asleep. Ditto Rounders. "
Oy. You're beating this one to death.

b-o-r-i-n-g! only in rare cases I enjoy to watch movies more then once.
I have a cousin that watch every movie more then 1 time, but thats cause he's dumb, he gets the movie at the 3rd-4th time.

Yes, but you also said: "For some reason, I have never made it through Fight Club without falling asleep. Ditto Rounders. "
You said:

Anyone would read that as you talking about all of the movies they mentioned. It was your mistake.