Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Real Madrid manage to come away with a win after falling behind 2-0. Second time in a row they've found themselves in a hole. The team really looks devoid of ideas when going forward. Everything is a cross into the box.

Did anybody catch the Liverpool - Arsenal game? Quite surprised by that result. From the highlights I've watched, it seems Arsenal had, as per usual, small stints of brilliant play, but crumbled to Liverpool's attack. Congrats to the Reds on the big win.

Why is everyone in my family an Everton FC fan?
I appear to be the only Red in a sea of blue.

Did anybody catch the Liverpool - Arsenal game? Quite surprised by that result. From the highlights I've watched, it seems Arsenal had, as per usual, small stints of brilliant play, but crumbled to Liverpool's attack. Congrats to the Reds on the big win.
We were absolutely shite until Sanchez came on for the second half - Liverpool easily deserved the win tbf.

Why surprised? I know that football exists to make fools of us who are stupid enough to try and predict it, but that was a sure thing. Liverpool play their best against those they feel they're 'worthy' of being against. The 'lesser' teams often upset Liverpool. I was sure that they'd get a result against Arsenal, but after getting turned over by Leicester and Wolves so embarrassingly recently, the win was a cert. Arsenal were the perfect opponents for Liverpool in this situation as you know Wenger won't play any differently and their style plays right into the current Liverpool way.

It was even more certain than United not beating Bournemouth. United at home to a 'small' team who haven't been able to defend all year? Yep, a draw was surely the most likely result. The only surprise was that I thought it'd be 0-0. Next season, that's the kind of game we'll be winning.... Hopefully.

Why surprised? I know that football exists to make fools of us who are stupid enough to try and predict it, but that was a sure thing. Liverpool play their best against those they feel they're 'worthy' of being against. The 'lesser' teams often upset Liverpool. I was sure that they'd get a result against Arsenal, but after getting turned over by Leicester and Wolves so embarrassingly recently, the win was a cert. Arsenal were the perfect opponents for Liverpool in this situation as you know Wenger won't play any differently and their style plays right into the current Liverpool way.

It was even more certain than United not beating Bournemouth. United at home to a 'small' team who haven't been able to defend all year? Yep, a draw was surely the most likely result. The only surprise was that I thought it'd be 0-0. Next season, that's the kind of game we'll be winning.... Hopefully.
United need to start winning those games. They seem to dominate all of them. With a bit more luck, they'd be in the top four at this point. As for the Liverpool game, I figured Arsenal would win to take more control over that beloved fourth position of theirs. I guess it's inevitable either way. Then again, as you say, Liverpool have been strong against the bigger teams.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
BARCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy right now!!! Who said Barca's reign was over? Who said Messi was finished? That's a freaking great team right there!

That and benfica being trashed by Dortmund made this a perfect night!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Legendary!!

I remember looking at my phone last night, Barca were 15-1 to go through and I thought nah. Womder what the odds were before the 88 minute goal.

Amazing comeback, but it really shouldn't have happened. PSG were more awful this time around than they were good in the first tie. Rabiot was particularly dreadful. So bad that he made Trapp look competent.

However, it was such an amazing ending (Neymar's freekick is ridiculous) that even the usual Barca cheating and favourable decisions were forgotten for a while in its aftermath.

I wonder if we'll look back in a few years and pinpoint this game as the first time Neymar started to step up to be the main man at Barca?

As for Arsenal? Well, that was everything Arsenal (and by extension Wenger) is and has been for the last 9 or 10 years. They refuse to change even when they're outclassed and against better players. Wenger's like a driver who drives at the same speed and in the same way regardless of the state of the car or the road conditions and then complains about everything when he loses control.

Pleased to see Ibra and Mings get their respective bans. I've seen some people claiming that Ibra should've gotten more than Mings or, at least, the same, but I can't see how a stamp on someones head can't be seen as worse than an elbow. I'm sure it's just ABU's, but it's still annoying.

Unregistered User
Legendary!!

I remember looking at my phone last night, Barca were 15-1 to go through and I thought nah. Womder what the odds were before the 88 minute goal.

I think before the games Barca were around 33/1 for Champs League! They're now 11/4 favourites!!

Amazing comeback, but it really shouldn't have happened. PSG were more awful this time around than they were good in the first tie.
What I cannot wrap my head around is why teams in the position of PSG end up packing up and parking the bus from the beginning of the game, and refrain from playing any form of attacking football. Being up 4-0 from a first leg is a massive lead, one I think I heard no other team before yesterday had managed to turn around in a second leg. They're essentially giving Barcelona a chance at coming back in the tie, because attack is what they do best. This, when they've already seen they can, if not outplay them, at least be on par or suffer a loss of one or two goals with a fair amount of chances in both ends.

In games like this, from PSG's perspective, attack is always the best defense. Especially when you're playing Barcelona at the Camp Nou. Inconceivable how none of these 'top coaches' seem to grasp this.

Good! Your family are sensible. You are not!
I was always a bit of an odd duck

I have no dog in the fight, but for one reason or another I always find myself rooting for the blue side of the top 6. City/Chelsea/Spurs over United/Arsenal/Liverpool.

Must be doin sumthin right
Everyone knows soccer is about the eternal struggle between Blue and Red. It's all out of whack now though with Mourinho at Manchester United. Mourinho was the standard-bearer for the forces of Blue for over a decade. He is such a Blue in so many respects and it feels wrong for him to have flipped that