Actors I Didn't Know Weren't American

Tools    

Also Canadians don't count. Canada doesn't exist they're just people living in the north of the US who are in denial.
Canadians are American. What continent are they in? Same as Mexicans are American and Chileans are American and Egyptians are African and Irish people are European.

I sense this post may be unpopular.

Chiwetel Ejiofor
Henry Cavill
Ray Winstone

are a few that come to mind

My mom always forgets Andrew Lincoln isn't American.

honestly in the first 2 seasons Lincoln's british accent was pretty obvious imo. He was serviceable and his accent has gotten better but his English side slipped out a lot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Was floored to hear her speak in an interview where I learned she was a bloody Aussie.
How dare you, GS! I'm telling her you said that.

LOL I dont know her. I'm just practising my faux outrage for some angry SJWs and third wave feminists on facebook.

Well played Dani! Well played!
god, they get so angry. It's hilarious.

Not sure if I mentioned but an actor I didnt realise was not american even though I saw him in a British movie several times was Riz Ahmed in The Night Of. He's a Pom

Also Canadians don't count. Canada doesn't exist they're just people living in the north of the US who are in denial.

Genuine mistake, but I once asked a Canadian woman I worked with where in America she was from.
She tore into me like a rabid dog.

I told her that if it means that much to her, then why doesn't she get her own accent.

What do you mean with Harry Potter? Like, Daniel Radcliffe?
Yeah Radcliffe isn't really an actor if I'm honest. He's made a career from Potter, but everything else he's done has shown him for what he is... just a kid who got lucky.
I strongly disagree. I absolutely hate Harry Potter but Radcliffe's recent films have been quite interesting.

I thought he did a good job in Horns and Imperium.

I strongly disagree. I absolutely hate Harry Potter
I'm genuinely curious as to how this came to be (I might be slightly set off, having precisely completed half a dozen Harry Potter quizzes, lol). I don't see a problem with his performance in Harry Potter. A bit flat at some points, sure, but overall a good representation of the book character. Certainly not the best in the series of course - the likes of Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter and even Rupert Grint I'd say, all outshine him in their portrayals.

I agree with your latter statements though, he was brilliant in both Horns and Imperium - yet to see Swiss Army Man.

I first became aware of Margot Robbie with The Wolf of Wall Street. Was floored to hear her speak in an interview where I learned she was a bloody Aussie.
Had NO idea that Margot was Australian.

I was shocked when I found out Christian Bale wasn't American he did such a great job in American Psycho.
Thank you for admitting this...I thought I was the only person on the planet who was shocked to learn he wasn't American...people on this site have been dissing me for months for about it.

I strongly disagree. I absolutely hate Harry Potter but Radcliffe's recent films have been quite interesting.

I thought he did a good job in Horns and Imperium.
You might want to check out clips of Radcliffe on You Tube playing J. Pierpont Finch in a revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying...you might be surprised.

god, they get so angry. It's hilarious.

Not sure if I mentioned but an actor I didnt realise was not american even though I saw him in a British movie several times was Riz Ahmed in The Night Of. He's a Pom

LOVED Riz Ahmed in Nightcrawler...another one who I had no idea wasn't American, though the name should have been a clue.

He was born in London and graduated from Oxford. I've been meaning to watch Nightcrawler.