I've been forced here against my will

Tools    

The sparkly vampire is a stalker as well. 100 year old guy stalking a 17 year old and perving at her every night while she sleeps. I had a huge argument with my sister who is older, an author herself, and who loved the books. Couldnt believe myself when I had to explain the filthy themes in it. If I had daughters they would not be reading that crap.

Sorry Yoda. I hope it's ok to say crap here. Feel free to flog my derriere if it's a no no and i will edit, but I feel very strongly about that inappropriate crap for young girls to read or watch.
Yeah, that was quite disturbing. Those books glorify bestiality AND necrophilia if you think about it.

I heard that "Bella" doesn't even smile at her own wedding in one of those movies.

I'm portuguese as well. Where from?
Hey, man!

Are you frequenting any MCU/DC threads here yet?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah, that was quite disturbing. Those books glorify bestiality AND necrophilia if you think about it.

I heard that "Bella" doesn't even smile at her own wedding in one of those movies.

I have to take hubby to the train station but I'll list some of the themes when I get back in 20 or so. Maybe I should start a new thread. I fear I'm hijacking. I only like hijacking trolls.

I have to take hubby to the train station but I'll list some of the themes when I get back in 20 or so. Maybe I should start a new thread. I fear I'm hijacking. I only like hijacking trolls.
You're right--we'll defer this discussion to its own thread later.

OK just making a cuppa then I'll start it. Back in a jiffy.

Apologies to the OP

I'm portuguese as well. Where from?
Lisboa. You?

Didn't I read somewhere that 50 Shades actually started out as Twilight Fanfiction?

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Ramada/Odivelas.

Glad to meet another Tuga.

@Miss Vicky: Let me rephrase that really quickly for you: The benefit in this case was of course that they introduced you to the wonderful worlds of Harry Potter and LOTR. The downside, you are indeed correct, was that you were forced to watch Twilight. I feel you on that one.

@Sexy Celebrity: Hi there, Sexy.

@dteam6: Thanks! I'm pretty certain I remember that name. 11 years - impressive! (PS: Mario is king.)

@Dani8: Everything in order. I must say, the first Harry Potter book is significantly less mature in style and writing than the later ones. I agree that the first book can be a little too easy at times, but particularly from the third book and on, you're in for one hell of a ride! Never read or seen Fifty Shades or Twilight. No intention of doing so in the future either.

@Wplains: Portugal! That's awesome. A couple of friends and I follow Portuguese football closely. Often place solid bets on Porto, Benfica and Sporting. They seldom disappoint! Congratulations, well in arrears, on the EURO 2016 victory. I would love to see another Germany - Portugal game in the near future.

@CosmicRunaway: Vielen Dank! Ohne Zweifel.

Didn't I read somewhere that 50 Shades actually started out as Twilight Fanfiction?

Yes. I started a twilight thread which was moved (sorry to the mods for posting in the wrong place) to the movie discussion board up the top. I will get onto 50 shades in the thread next to encourage discourse, although I dont know much about it other than it's pretty terrible. I just didnt want to keep hijacking this thread.

@Ðèstîñy: Yes, once again... Exactly. While some people insist on it, English really is not that much of a grammatically complicated language. Another factor of course is also the link between languages, and similar grammatical rules. That is why, I think, I found it much easier to learn English than French. They have so many strange rules. Oh yes, thankfully somebody had already been considerate to use "kickball". How could I forget Rebecca? A clear favorite as well. The Birds has one of my favorite quotes from a Hitchcock film: "Don't they ever stop migrating?" Good to see we've got the good share over.
This is great, Daniel. Do you mind if I call you that? No worries at all if you do, my dear. By the way, my name is Lisa. It doesn't matter which you use. I'll answer to either one. So anyways, I'm hoping you join this new group . . . Alfred Hitchcock. We will watch a movie every week, and discuss it with each other. We will spend a week watching and chatting, before we move on to the next film. The first film is Psycho. All of you should join in. Dani, LittleDevil, etc . . . This is going to be a lot of fun. Click here, and see the post about it. The movies to watch, are listed there. The 15th through the 22nd, is the time listed for Psycho. I hope you guys join in.

I can't keep track of all your guys Well if I didn't say hello already....hello!
Hello to you too! Orson Welles? I love Welles. Two of my favorite films from the 40s are Citizen Kane and The Stranger. True legend!

This is great, Daniel. Do you mind if I call you that? No worries at all if you do, my dear. By the way, my name is Lisa. It doesn't matter which you use. I'll answer to either one. So anyways, I'm hoping you join this new group . . .
Please call me Daniel. I'll call you Lisa, the name of my aunt. Always liked the name.

I'm quite packed with work in the coming weeks, but I would love to get in on some of this. Awesome initiative!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
things I dislike:
- The font Times New Roman
Plus one for this!

@Miss Vicky: Let me rephrase that really quickly for you: The benefit in this case was of course that they itnroduced you to the wonderful worlds of Harry Potter and LOTR. The downside, you are indeed correct, was that you were forced to watch Twilight. I feel you on that one.
No, it was phrased perfectly because all of the film series I mentioned in that post were awful. Though of the three, I'd actually be more likely to rewatch a Twilight movie than either Harry Potter or LOTR because Twilight's acting and special effects were at least good for a laugh.

Also LOTR movies are way too damn long.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You know when people say "lol" and they don't actually laugh in real life, even though it means "laughing out loud"? I laughed out loud in real life now. Thank you for that!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.