The Dark Tower and IT remake

Tools    

Any Stephen King fans in here?

I for one am extremely excited by The Dark Tower adaptation, especially having two big stars as Roland and The Man In Black. Anybody else looking forward to this and think they'll pull it off? I'm a little worried about it as the books are in such a large scale and the first book sort of jumps about a bit.

On a side note, I'm also really looking forward to the IT remake. Although I think remakes are pretty unnecessary at times I feel this one can really add a lot to the original,especially with today's CGI.

On a side note, I'm also really looking forward to the IT remake. Although I think remakes are pretty unnecessary at times I feel this one can really add a lot to the original,especially with today's CGI.
IT remake?! That was one of his best books (TERRIBLE ending though). Gotsta Google.....

Ooooooh! This will be directed by the guy from True Detective - Cary Fukunaga.

Will Poulter will be Pennywise. Oh I think this is gonna be good.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I wish they'd only remake the first half of IT, the second half has never sat well with me.The Dark Tower is a cool premise, I heard that there is a lot of sci-fi stuff in it, and I don't much care for sci-fi especially when mixed with fantasy/high fantasy.

The sci fi elements in TDT are very minimal but done in a way that really works! The world is one of many parallel worlds so some things occur in others that don't occur in some, meaning some may be mismatched with their technology.

And yes! I have very high hopes he will make a great Pennywise.

IT remake?! That was one of his best books (TERRIBLE ending though). Gotsta Google.....

Ooooooh! This will be directed by the guy from True Detective - Cary Fukunaga.

Will Poulter will be Pennywise. Oh I think this is gonna be good.

I wish. This news is way outdated. The director is the guy who did Mama.

Apparently a lot of info about this remake of IT was released last week but I somehow missed it. Here's news that came out today on Empire magazine's online site. Also, except for Skarsgard, I've never heard of any of the other cast members mentioned. Will have to check up on them:

http://www.empireonline.com/people/b...-stephen-king/

i really love the original IT so i was never going to be too happy with a remake. however i think skarsgård is a spot on casting for pennywise-i could see him being scary
as for the rest of the kids,i have no idea who they are either

i like it. looks more horror like than the original it movie.bill skarsgård has something really creepy about him so i think hes gonna be great,i just think hes a bit too young. any news on who any of the other adults are going to be? i hope it isnt a bunch of 18 year olds.

I am really excited for the remake of It. I really enjoyed the book, but the first adaptation is complete garbage. I worry that it is pretty impossible to translate a 1000 page horror novel into a movie. I hope i am proven wrong, or that they take it there own direction.