Quentin Tarantino's next film to be a Western

Tools    

In perhaps somewhat unsurprising news, Quentin Tarantino revealed in his appearance on the Jay Leno show that his next film will be another Western, following the success of Django Unchained.

"I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a western. It's not a Django sequel, but it's another Western. I had so much fun doing Django and I love westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'OK, now let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing.'"

Links to parts of the show for those interested: Part 1 and Part 2

Yeah, not surprised at all. He clearly had a lot of fun with Django.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

:/ no

I want the next part of the Kill Bill story -- where Vernita Green's daughter grows up and goes after The Bride for killing her mother.

I want Kill Bill 3 and another Western. Anything Tarantino does I'm interested

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wanna see him to a comedy or a horror non Grindhouse style.

Suspect's Reviews

Looks like Kill Bill 3 is off. So don't hold your breath. I'd like to see him take on another genre this time around but I welcome anything from Tarantino - so if it's another Western, I look forwards to it.

Although Django was brilliant, the story dragged on just a little too long which to me left it millimetres from legendary...

I'd like to see more westerns out there, there's been so few in the last 10-15 years, my hopes were high for True Grit, but that one again while good didn't quite hit my expectations.

If anyone can bring back the true spirit of the Western film with a couple of modern twists and the blood and guts signature of his films, it's Tarantino.

I say, give him the rights to "Red Dead Redemption"

I want the next part of the Kill Bill story -- where Vernita Green's daughter grows up and goes after The Bride for killing her mother.
Agreed, it's one sequel I would actually want, and with Tarantino I think it would be done right.

Looks like Kill Bill 3 is off. So don't hold your breath. I'd like to see him take on another genre this time around but I welcome anything from Tarantino - so if it's another Western, I look forwards to it.
This basically sums up my thoughts on it

Although Django was brilliant, the story dragged on just a little too long which to me left it millimetres from legendary...

I'd like to see more westerns out there, there's been so few in the last 10-15 years, my hopes were high for True Grit, but that one again while good didn't quite hit my expectations.

If anyone can bring back the true spirit of the Western film with a couple of modern twists and the blood and guts signature of his films, it's Tarantino.

I thought True Grit was great, then there's stuff like The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Also check out Rango, probably my favourite animated film which is a delightful Western and homage to the genre overall, and Deadwood even though it is a TV series is great.

And yeh, a Tarantino 'Red Dead Redemption' would be awesome

I still want him to do a classic gangster film or a Sci-Fi film, but oh well, if it's another western, I'm completely fine with that.

Django Unchained was brilliant and still is my favorite film of this decade (despite there being a lot of competition for that title), so I think I will at least enjoy his next western film. Practically everything Tarantino does, is great anyway.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Django Unchained was a heck of fun, but still worse than Corbucci's Django (yes, I have to mention this every time I talk about either of these films). I'm quite surprised he's going to make a western again. Let's hope it's awesome.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Thought Django was entertaining, so I'll definitely check this next one out. It would be interesting to see him tackle the sci-fi genre though.

I thought for sure he was going the Rom-Com direction.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I thought for sure he was going the Rom-Com direction.
That would be bizarre. I can't really imagine him directing a movie without a certain level of violence. However, my library of Tarantino films is not large, so maybe he could pull it off.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

The Lone Ranger was a ... well, it was a, um, well, um, the, um, the last twenty-minutes were kind-of, um, not terrible.

I loved Diango. But i have feared that tarantino makes a mistake with another western