I don't care what anyone says! THOR AND JANE FOREVER!

Tools    

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"
Ok folks, I have a little something for you,
Now I can honestly tell you that as a straight guy, I've seen quite a few movies that deal with romance. I blame it mostly on ex girls, but here's my point. I've never been moved by an on screen romance before, however, I am a romantic guy. Once the movie ends, I forget about the romance and leave it with the movie, in the past. Now lately I've been seeing a lot of smack talking about Jane and Thor's relationship/romance in the Thor films and I need to express myself. I thought those two have the sweetest and most touching romance I have seen yet, I'll elaborate. Think about Jane, she's a brainy, cute gal and is very much tied up in her world of science and research. Take Thor, he's an Asgardian who is into his home world but is banished for being a bit silly and vain. Now here's where we set up the wonderful romance, they meet by chance all because Jane has the smarts to pick up on Thor's entry into Earth. From the moment they see each other, you can tell they are blown away by each other, which is the first pole. Now, they get to know each other and more and more learn about each others world and people, and get to like each other. During certain scenes of Thor, look at how Jane looks at Thor, such admiration and love for him can truly be seen in her eyes. It's as if she just melts away looking at him, he's unlike anything she's ever seen. Thor too is impressed by her beauty and smarts and you can tell he is just as fascinated by her. Think about when he kisses her hand and she giggles and smiles, so damn cute people. When he leaves and tells her he'll be back for her, you hear a longing in his voice, he doesn't want to say goodbye. As he goes to kiss he hand she grabs him and kisses him and you know the love is complete, they are crazy for each other. This is the kind of stuff that really pulls at the heart strings. There's an innocence and sweetness to their love. Now here's the unmentioned part that I want you people to FEEL! Every single day she sits around just waiting for him to come back, she loves him so deeply but has NO way of seeing him or even at least communicating with him. He came to Earth and swept her off her feet completely, she melted, she loves him, they love each other, but he had to go! There's something so touching about a sweet, cute gal, sitting around all day just hoping to see her lost love, so he can come back and fix her broken heart. Thor misses her too but doesn't know how to return... Also, at the end of Thor when Sif says "He misses her, the mortal, and she searches for him", and we see a determined Jane with her scientific equipment and NOW, her degree isn't about just space anymore, IT'S ABOUT FINDING HER LOST LOVE! OMG PEOPLE, this part almost makes me cry. Such a special, short love that needs to be reignited. When Thor came back in Thor 2 and they were talking in the rain and at a loss of words and were about to kiss, again, I almost cried. I was so happy they were back together. Also, in the post credits tease when he COMES BACK TO BE WITH HER AND SHE SMILES AND THEY KISS!! AHHH So cute, her excitement just knowing he's come back for her!! JUST FOR HER! Jane and Thor are perfect together, they are so sweet and so in love and JANE IS A GOOD CHARACTER *********! She is a catalyst for many things that drive Thor and she is a sweet companion for Thor himself. The relationship works, it's full of longing, and love, and hopeless romanticism, and innocence. My point is, with such a PERFECT couple like this, she had better return in future movies, we need Jane people. Alright folks, don't let your words get Natalie/Jane out of future movies ok? Will 14 is outta here!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Jack and Elizabeth best romance ever! I dont like romance in movies like this,you think Thor whould have time to deal with this... I dont say that she is bad or anything i just dont like romance when it is done like in Thore,i liked it in Iron Man...

Whoa, where did this come from? Just an explosion of passion and emotions!
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Lord High Filmquisitor
While I like the idea of their relationship, I'm perpetually bothered by how comparatively weak of a character Jane is. She's not terribly interesting, though she is willful and good at her job. That's not to say that she is a weak, just weaker than Thor (and less defined, I feel, than Darcy). Still, it's a solid pairing that I have nothing against, though merely working is not the same as being an inspired coupling.

One friend of mine's only co plaint about enfirst movie was its compressed timeframe. He felt that it was unrealistic for their relationship to defelop as it did jn such a short span of time. I somewhat agree with this, though not to the extent that he insisted.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
One friend of mine's only co plaint about enfirst movie was its compressed timeframe. He felt that it was unrealistic for their relationship to defelop as it did jn such a short span of time. I somewhat agree with this, though not to the extent that he insisted.
That's probably true for a lot of movie relationships though. It's also not as if it never occurs in real life as well. I've definitely heard friends rattle on about someone and thought, "Where is all this coming from, you barely know the person?" I think for that reason, I tend to be very forgiving about it in movies. I don't find it all that unrealistic. Some people with an attraction towards each other tend to blow it way out if proportion. I've seen instant relationship too many times.

I respect the passion but I gotta disagree here. A good on screen couple to me has to involve characters, who in their own right, are as dynamic as each other. Partners whom by themselves offer something of interest. Jane doesn't, the only reason she's at all interesting is because Thor likes her. The themes you speak of are there but I can't connect with them because I have zero interest in Jane as a character.

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"
Thank you guys for the feedback. Those who think Jane is an uninteresting character, while I see your point, I want you to consider something. Thor didn't choose to be banished to Earth and he sure as hell didn't come to Earth looking for anything. When he got to Earth though he immediately had a connection with Jane despite her not being miss interesting. Thor comes from a magical world where he is a prince, handsome, and strong, he honestly could "get" any woman he desired in the universe, let alone Earth. What makes their connection so good is that despite everything, Thor loved Jane's simplicity. She didn't need to be the most interesting person on Earth, he loved the little things about her, she grabbed at his heart. When you feel something inside, you just feel it. This is why Jane being more simple than Thor works in these films. Thor is dynamic and develops and goes through struggles unknown to humans. Jane remains Jane, and remains her sweet, simple, loving self that Thor fell in love with, and through her, Thor remains grounded. He realizes that he doesn't need anything crazy. While Thor's universe is huge, and he has lots of responsibility as well as choices, there's one constant, Jane. Her uncomplicated nature, smaller universe, and endless love are refreshing and finally give Thor a balance in his life where he always knows it will be. My point is this, when you have a character from Asgard and a character from Earth in one movie, of course one won't seem as interesting. That's why one must take the qualities that are possible and enjoy them, and they are there.

Natalie portaman is too old and thor too cool for her

The actors share a good chemistry but I wasnt fully convinced by the relationship on screen to be honest.

Good movies though.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Personally I think he is nuts, Lady Sif all the way! Gotta love the warrior women!
Lady Sif for me too! Noway does Jane compare

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Thank you guys for the feedback. Those who think Jane is an uninteresting character, while I see your point, I want you to consider something. Thor didn't choose to be banished to Earth and he sure as hell didn't come to Earth looking for anything. When he got to Earth though he immediately had a connection with Jane despite her not being miss interesting. Thor comes from a magical world where he is a prince, handsome, and strong, he honestly could "get" any woman he desired in the universe, let alone Earth. What makes their connection so good is that despite everything, Thor loved Jane's simplicity. She didn't need to be the most interesting person on Earth, he loved the little things about her, she grabbed at his heart. When you feel something inside, you just feel it. This is why Jane being more simple than Thor works in these films. Thor is dynamic and develops and goes through struggles unknown to humans. Jane remains Jane, and remains her sweet, simple, loving self that Thor fell in love with, and through her, Thor remains grounded. He realizes that he doesn't need anything crazy. While Thor's universe is huge, and he has lots of responsibility as well as choices, there's one constant, Jane. Her uncomplicated nature, smaller universe, and endless love are refreshing and finally give Thor a balance in his life where he always knows it will be. My point is this, when you have a character from Asgard and a character from Earth in one movie, of course one won't seem as interesting. That's why one must take the qualities that are possible and enjoy them, and they are there.
I think your giving Jane too much credit with the "endless love" bit. One of the main problems I find with the romance is the use of the pre established romantic paradigm (that the hero and his lady love have an unending and instant love which defeats all) to forgo a lot of character development. Thor falls for Jane because she was nice to him while he was vulnerable, which could be a good beat to play as a human saving a god at his weakest hour is a great hook. But we don't get that, what we get is romcom padding to a 1 note relationship which fails to resonate on any real level for me. Much of what you speak of is what you read into rather than what was presented and I can't be the only one who thinks Portman and Hemsworth have no chemistry?