Favorite TV series

Tools    

What's up guys? I wanna ask what's your favorite tv series and why. You can make a top 5 list, or just say which series you're following now.
So, let's start!

The first position is taken by Game of Thrones
At the second we have The walking dead
Third position for falling skies
Misfits at the fourth
And the last position goes to Teen Wolf

Do you know any of them?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Interesting TV series recommendation from Mr Minio: Seventeen Moments of Spring
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

1. Black Adder
2. The Simpsons.
3. Family Guy.
4. Through the Wormhole.

What's up guys? I wanna ask what's your favorite tv series and why. You can make a top 5 list, or just say which series you're following now.
So, let's start!

The first position is taken by Game of Thrones
At the second we have The walking dead
Third position for falling skies
Misfits at the fourth
And the last position goes to Teen Wolf

Do you know any of them?
I know all of them, but hate watching all of them too!

Finished here. It's been fun.
1.Breaking Bad
2.The Sopranos
3.game of thrones
4.boardwalk empire
5.firefly

I've seen alot of shows lol. Plus the wire,the killing,south park, its always sunny in philadelphia,house of cards I'm a huge fan of.

Other than these two of course.

My top 5 would be:

1.The Sopranos
2.South Park
3.Mad Men
4.The Wire
5.Seinfeld

After reading some members rave about Twin Peaks, i have watched the first 4 episodes and i love it so far. I'll have to see it all before i rank it though.

1.Breaking Bad
2.The Sopranos
3.game of thrones
4.boardwalk empire
5.firefly

I've seen alot of shows lol. Plus the wire,the killing,south park, its always sunny in philadelphia,house of cards I'm a huge fan of.
Good shout on House of Cards. I think i must be the only one that so far at least prefers the UK version. That's assuming you were talking about the US version of course.

Futurama - for being funny,honest,truthful and overall it's the greatest animated thing I've seen.
Rescue Me - for the great mix of drama and comedy
House MD - for great dialogue and sarcasm
Oz - emm,for just being interesting?
Breaking Bad - for the amazing storytelling and character development
Six Feet Under - for the realism and humanism
Burn Notice - I just love spy stuff
The Sopranos - for the interesting,entertaining and well-crafted story
Boardwalk Empire - same as above
LOST - first 4 seasons might be the most captivating thing I've seen

All are
for me but that's very subjective,some seasons of certain shows are pretty bad.

South Park is good one.

But normally on TV i most of the time watch H2, Investigation Discovery and Science. Other than these seasonal soap operas i have very little interest in.

Black Adder was just one special one that i watched throughout on repeat.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
In order:

The Wire
The Sopranos
The Office (UK)
Breaking Bad
Extras

Honourable mentions:

The Shield
Oz
Twin Peaks
Seinfeld
The Simpsons

Seen none of your shows, OP, although have a degree in interest in The Walking Dead.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Battlestar Galactica (new)
Red Dwarf
The X-files
Stargate SG1
Only Fools and Horses
The Simpsons
Game Of Thrones

Now that Breaking Bad is about to end, it's safe to say Game of Thrones is the best show on TV. I think so. I think Boardwalk Empire is close, but man GOT just brings it full throttle. It has such devastating unexpected moments.

My current top 6 favorite TV series are the following: (currently I am watching a ton of anime series (since I noticed they were generally superior to non-Miyazaki anime films in fact) and many of these series reach artistic levels that I never though were possible in TV, indeed "normal" tv series have now become boring to me):

Haibane Renmei (2002)

(this one is a must watch, it is in many senses one of the most "perfect" TV series ever made, it's plot is carefully developed over the course of 13 episodes, everything has meaning and everything works together)

Serial Experiments Lain (1998)

PMMM (2011)

(doesn't this cover looks like it's made for 8 year old girls?, it's almost a new type of trolling, this series is astonishing cruel)

RahXephon (2002)

EVA

And one more "normal" live action series still counts among my favorites, though still foreign language:

Fanny and Alexander

Among English language TV my top 5 favorites are the usual ones:

- Rome
- Band of Brothers
- Babylon 5
- Breaking Bad
- The Sopranos

Game of Thrones - a series I've heard loads about, came highly recommended although I took my time in moving forward. When I purchased both seasons one and two, and watched the first episode I was loving it. Now I'm so addicted and gagging for season three! Definitely one of the most memorable series within the last decade, with an awesome performance by Peter Dinklage!

1. Blackadder II
2. Blackadder III
3. Blackadder Goes Forth
4. Roseanne
5. Dexter
6. Daria
7. Queer As Folk (American)
8. Night Court
9. Arrested Development
10. Big Bang Theory

The first three are only kind of cheating. The main characters are the same, but they take place in different completely different time periods (I don't recommend The Black Adder first series, though. It's not bad but it's also nowhere near as good.

Season 3 is the best yet but having read the book season 4 will blow everybody's socks off. No show on TV is as unpredictable and brutal. Literally anybody is not safe from death, main characters,babies,children,etc. This is one dark show. And i frikkin love it.

Season 3 is the best yet but having read the book season 4 will blow everybody's socks off. No show on TV is as unpredictable and brutal. Literally anybody is not safe from death, main characters,babies,children,etc. This is one dark show. And i frikkin love it.
I've not seen or read GoT, however, are the seasons not the books? If so, then you could either say that they're completely predictable because they follow the books or that if they didn't, then no suit would dare do to his/her characters what GoT does.

The show follows the books basically word for word except for small deviations. You really should check it out. I mean that. The TV tropes or cliches you are used to are disposed off. This is a rollercoaster ride. A dark,violent,bloody rollercoaster. This show is worth the time.