The best sequel ever made...

Tools    

First topic - The best sequel ever

All sequels are great in their own way, and many of these incomparable to each other. BAH! Lets do it anyway!

I was gonna do a poll but got called away.

Godfather II is probably the first film people will think of in regards to best sequel ever. Many say it was better than the first Godfather, and thats saying alot because Godfather can be argued as one of the best movies ever.

Imho Rocky III (Yknow the one with Mr T) was better than all the Rockys except the first one. X-Men 2 was better than X-Men 1 even, and Spider-Man 2 was alot better than Spidey 1 simply because they didnt have to rehash that overtold Spider-Man origin again.

Nobody can argue against The Dark Knight being better than the first Batman movie (Christian Bale), and Heath Ledgers Joker was one of the most colorful performances ever.

Ever! LOL! This should be called The Ever Thread. In fact from this point forward Im going to put in bold ever everytime the word is used.

Easy. Terminator 2.

Semper Fooey
Superman II better than first.

Bride of Franenstein better than Frankenstein.

Ah, yes. I knew I was forgetting something. I would agree with T2.

I also though Aliens was better than Alien
Not only did you agree with Gunny (who was wrong) but you then added your own faux pas.

Aliens or Look Who's Talking too - the 2nd one is bad, but exponentially better than the first

Godfather II > Godfather.

If you compare the structures, the two films are almost nearly the same with II clearly winning out on richness in terms of the back story. I hope I was not the only one to find the back story one of the coolest things ever placed on screen. Now, of course, II only works so well because of how it constantly references the first one. Nevertheless, it works better overall.

Godfather II > Godfather.
Sorry. Can't give that one to you. 2 was great but no argument that it's better than the first. First one was simply one of the best films ever.

I did put 2 in my Top 100 however.

I genuinely feel like the exerpt of PNs post that Gunny quoted has to be all he read of the entire post. PN goes on to explain why he believes number 2 is superior, how can you say that there is no argument Gunny?