Tim Burton and Jonny Depp to make DARK SHADOWS

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
The dynamic duo of Jonny Depp and Tim Burton are teaming up again for a vampire movie. This time around the classic Dark Shadows will be getting its turn on the silver screen. Producer Graham King comfirmed with SciFi Wire it will start shooting next year. "We're actually going to shoot that film next September/October with Tim Burton and Johnny [Depp]," King told them.

In the original TV series a 175 year old vampire Barnabas Collins (Jonny Depp) hungers for blood and his long lost beloved. The series ran on ABC from 1966 to 1971. As of today John August is in charge of the script.
King also had this to say "We've been working on the script a lot, even though [Tim's] working on Alice," King added. "We've been given a script. John August wrote the first screenplay. We're making some changes, but the film's going to be in production, as I say, September or October of next year."

I never watched Dark Shadows, but I will watch anything with Depp acting and Burton directing. Jonny Depp has been an impressive actor since he broke on to the small screen in 21 Jump Street one of the original FOX television shows, but it’s the direction he receives from Burton that truly brings out the outstanding actor that we have come to love.

It was Burton’s vision on Edward Scissorhands (1990) that took Depp from Teen Beat cover boy to being a genuine actor. In that role Depp had to do everything with his face and body, and it was with that role that we caught a glimpse of Depps true acting ability. Since Scissorhands there has been no stopping them. With movies like Ed Wood (1994), Sleepy Hollow (1999), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Sweeney Todd (2007) my all time favorite, and their newest one Alice in Wonderland (2010) Dark Shadows should be another great addition to the pairs already impressive body of work.

This needs to go in the Upcoming Films section, BC. This news is a few months old though, so there might already be a thread there about it. It's certainly been mentioned.

Big Chico's Movie Blog
I did a search and I didn't find any, and this is the upcoming film section.

Thank you BC ill be sure to check out more about this movie
Who are you and what have you done with my brother?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Semper Fooey
I used to run home from school to watch that show, but I could never get into it when they reran it decades later becuae the earliest episodes of Barnabus, which was before I started watching, are quite dreadful with a more villainous vampire. When I got into it Barnabus was more like the hero with long periods where he was cured of vampirism. I didn't care for the movie with the original cast, House of Dark Shadows, because he was back to being a bad vampire. The best episodes are part of the storyline where Barnabus went back to the late 19th century and tried to help Quentin Collins get rid of his werewolf curse. It seems to me what made Dark Shadows unique is now pretty standard, a sympathetic, romantic vampire (although Johnathon Frid sure wouldn't win any beauty contests). The TV revival wasn't very exciting, even though it was better produced and had overall a better cast. Well, at least this movie won't have a way past her prime Joan Bennett whose acting was so listless it's hard to believe she was seriously considered for Scarlet O'Hara.

I did a search and I didn't find any, and this is the upcoming film section.
Sorry, BC, I cocked that up. Thought I was in the General Movie when I wrote that. Maybe it was just mentioned in jrs' thread. Anyway, you did the search so that's what matter.

What's with the whole fag thing. Cigarette - Fag pretty far off.
Although I don't know, my guess would have to do with "fag" being short for "******", which is a bundle of sticks. This could either mean that the 'sticks' in question are the cigarettes (the bundle being the packet) or that the fag refers to the tobacco which is bundled. As I said, I don't know, but that'd be my guess. As for "fag" being slang for homosexual, that's an American thing, though some British public schoolboys may beg to differ.

Edit. I see that ****** is something that's blocked here. Although I don't mean it in that way, I'll leave it as it is.

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Yep. Right here and originally mentioned here.
I guess no one else has to comment an any movies coming up for the year your one post has them all covered.

Semper Fooey
I'm a fan of Burton, but what I liked about the Dark Shadows I was watching is it was like a crazy comic book, Marvel style, and I suspect Burton is going to dp some dark gothic thing. Coppola's Dracula was more like Dark Shadows than Bram Stoker so what's the point of this movie? But I can't really judge it since I don't really know what approach he will take.

I'm a fan of Jonny Depp one of my favorite actor!

I enjoy the Burton-Depp films. Sounds promising.

See the trailer here:

I've been looking forward to this movie since they announced it! Can't wait, I really hope that its good.