Resident Evil: Afterlife

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Resident Evil Gets an Afterlife

MTV Movies Blog reports that the live-action portion of the "Resident Evil" series would be getting a fourth installment, "Afterlife," which is set to begin shooting in September. Dread Central, which broke the older news, now brings word that Paul W.S. Anderson will return to the director's chair.

In case you're new to the series or simply unaware, Anderson wrote and produced all three preceding "Resident Evil" films. He also directed the first one, in 2002. The Anderson confirmation comes by way of Production Weekly's Twitter page<&callback=load_tweet">/a>. But wait! There's more!

Shock Till You Drop sat down with Anderson at San Diego Comic-Con, scoring some additional information about the "Resident Evil" plans. In short, "Afterlife" will be released in 3-D and is intended to kick off an entirely new trilogy! Not just any old 3-D either; Anderson confirmed that they'll be using James Cameron's "Avatar" cameras. Commence your Neo "whoa"s now.

The word for now is that series star Milla Jovovich will reprise her role as Alice in "Afterlife." Some characters will return while others will be all-new, some imported from the video games (Sheva?). "Resident Evil: Afterlife" is currently planned for a September 17, 2010 release.

Source: MTV Movies Blog
Other related posts:

Avatar’s 3D team to work on Resident Evil: Afterlife
Wentworth Miller joins Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Afterlife Full Synopsis and Cast List

Screen Gems has released a full synopsis and cast list for the upcoming fourth installment in the Resident Evil franchise. Entitled Resident Evil: Afterlife, the film is to be shot in 3D and will pick up where the prior installment, Resident Evil: Extinction, left off before the entire franchise circles back on itself for a prequel/reboot.

Paul W.S. Anderson, director of the original Resident Evil will be back to write, produce and helm part 4, and star Milla Jovovich will be reprising her role as Alice.

Here is the full synopsis for Resident Evil: Afterlife:

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead leads them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.
As for the cast that will be filling out Resident Evil: Afterlife, you’ll have the talents of Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Spencer Locke, Wentworth Miller, Shawn Roberts, Boris Kodjoe, Kim Coates, Norman Yeung and Kasey Barnfield.

Resident Evil: Afterlife starts production soon and is aiming for a release date of August 27, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Cheers Jrs im looking forward to this I really like the series so far

I'm actually hoping they get this one right. I doubt they will ever make one as good as the first.

part 1 was average
part 2 was bad
part 3 was good
part 4 seems to be as good as 3, who knows maybe better

Update: Resident Evil: Afterlife Pushed Back to 2011

Actress Milla Jovovich provided an update via Twitter that states:

"RE Afterlife IS NOT officially pushed. There have been talks of pushing it as they [are] not sure they can have it ready by July. We [are] trying as hard as we can to still meet the summer deadline though, so for the moment its still on for August."
However, we're still hearing a release push is going to happen, but hopefully Jovovich is right.

Paul W.S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich have been working hard on the fourth installment of the "Resident Evil" franchise a.k.a. Resident Evil: Afterlife, planned as the first movie in the series filmed using 3D technology. It looks like it's going to take a little more time to make that movie then they had planned, because ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned that Screen Gems has pushed the movie back until January 14, 2011.

Originally, the movie was to be released in on August 27, 2010, but everyone involved probably realized it would take a lot longer for the post-production 3D processing work, so they've given Anderson a few more months to finish the movie and have moved the comic book-based vampire thriller Priest, starring Paul Bettany, up to fill that late summer slot.

What's interesting about this move is that it puts "Resident Evil" right up against the Joss Whedon-produced and co-written MGM horror movie The Cabin in the Woods, which itself was moved back almost a year in order to turn it into a 3D movie. One figures that in 2011 there will be a lot more theaters capable of screening in digital 3D than there is now, but one has to assume "Cabin" will move again, because there might not be enough for two horror movies to share them.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

Most I like is the part 3.

theses movies would be alot better if they had more connection with the game

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
WOW thanks Jrs this films looks like is going to be supurb possibly the best in the series full stop. Alice looks like such a bad ass in this movie, I love the swords

Haha in the trailer they were promoting James Cameron's 3D technology more than the movie itself and they've used the Las Plagas parasite from the 4th or 5th game sweet looks stylized though I am always down for zombie movies

Extinction wasn’t the stinker: it was Apocalypse that was the old, molding cheese hidden under the couch cushions. And I think Afterlife looks a tad Matrix-y.

This looks good so far (and I'll be buying the soundtrack).