Jurassic Park 3

Tools    

So, is anyone here looking forward to Jurassic Park 3? I think it will be an okay film, but not as good as the first two.

Number one was amazing - should have been considered for Best Picture - it was cool and still well done and "respectable." Not to mention the fact that it's time that we nominate "cool" movies for major awards as well - just because it isn't about a war or someone's mother dying doesn't mean it's not a good movie!

The Lost World was okay. I expect #3 to be a lot like #2: a cool movie introducing some new dinosaurs (expect a *LOT* of new dinos in part 3), and worth the $10 or so for popcorn and the ticket.

Didn't see it.
I am looking forward to it. We could get surprised. Who knows--it might be the best of all of them.

Rumors have it that William H. Macy, Tea Leoni and Helent Hunt may be acting in this film - although Hunt is doubtful. Jeff Goldblum also might sit out his first Jurassic Park movie.

argh, not another one!

I guess you didn't like them much?

I agree The Lost World was not as good as the first one, but I still think it was a good movie. It's a guy flick - you sit back, eat your popcorn, drink your soda, and just take it all in. Because of that, I love the Dinosaurs-Escape-And-Eat-A-Bunch-Of-Poeople Movies. (DEAEABOP)

Didn't see it.
I like William H. Macy in most of the movies I've seen him in.

Even if it is not as good as the first one, it will still be better than a lot of the other action flicks that come out.

That's a good point - Jurassic Park is shallow of course (it's cool to see the people eaten, admit it!), but it's a lot more respectable as a movie in general than a lot of other action flicks, like you said. The first Jurassic Park could have been nominated for Best Picture - I wouldn't have been surprised.

I thought that the original "Jurassic Park" was great... I thought the sequel (Lost World) was a rip-off. My only concern is that the third will be a rip-off of a rip-off ... Is this film going to be directed or produced by Speilberg? Will the author of "Jurassic", Michael Crighton, have any part of it? If not, the movie will definately be on my "I dont want to see it or waste the money on it" list.

I think it's going to be produced. Personally I think the second movie was just more of the same - but who cares? More of the same means more cool dinosaurs eating people. The invasion of San Diego, so to speak, as also very cool.

I'm definitely going to see Jurassic Park 3 in the theatres - no doubt about it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
From what I read, Michael Crichton is going to write the screen play directly, but not write a book for it. Which will make it alot better because it is avoiding the problem they had with the second movie. Michael Crichton wrote the book, and that was it. He didn't have much to do with the movie adaptation of it, unlike he did with the first one.

One good thing about this movie is that Sam Neill will be back as Dr. Grant, and also Lara Dern will be back as Dr. Satler. I really liked them in the first movie. Also, I've read that this movie will be set between the first two films.

Actually I think this film STARTS between 1 and 2, and ends after number 2. IE: we see Dr. Grant/Satling getting back after the first outbreak, and see them hearing about the second one on the news, and then they get involve in the third.

Personally, if this is the case, I'm thrilled. All holes should be filled in this way - nothing left unturned. I've got a good feeling about "JP3."

I agree with Kevin on this one

One was great. Two was an accumulation of too much special affects, complimented by an almost non-existent storyline. Three will probably be a big brother version of Two...in other words...crappy.

I REALLY DO stress that One was great, though.

I"m still trying to get the hubby to watch the first two.
I loved both of them!
part one a little more though.

Anyone catch this preview during Survior tonight?? It looks so cool. I honestly was expecting it to be crappy, like all in the city and stuff, but it is quiet unlike how I thought it would be. Looks very, very cool. It will deffinetely make a LOT of money this summer. And it looks just as action packed as all the things I read about it said it would be.

I've read a lot about this movie so far, and the preview is very much in line with what I was expecting. No one's shooting for an Oscar here -- this one is going to be action packed.

I still stand by my comments about "The Lost World" being inferior to "Jurassic Park". Spielberg and crew turned a GREAT book into a GREAT movie. "Lost World" was style over substance,and was definately inferior. I think that doing this third installment will be like those crappy "B" Godzilla movies that were produced in the 50's and 60's. So we see more dinosaurs? I'm definately NOT seeing this movie, and I wish I hadn't seen the first sequel. I got to attend a the first "sneak preview" of "Jurassic Park" in the Boston area when it was released. I loved it - I was amazed. But, there was a good storyline running through the first movie ... just remembering how awestruck I was watching the first film would have meant more to me. "The Lost World" and the next film were made to ride on the coattails of a fun movie ... and they were made only to fill some wallets in Hollywood.

Isn't every movie made to fill wallets?

I know this movie is just made to make money, its not trying to win awards, I think. I just think it is trying to ride out Jurassic Parks success, but that doesn't mean it won't be entertaining.

I think that's precisely why this movie is going to be a lot of fun to watch: less drama, more action. It realizes that a good plot is heard to come up with, so it's going to make it fun. Gotta love that.