possessed children

Tools    

A investigation in to the effectiveness of how possessed children are portrayed in the horror and suspense genre

This is for media coursework so any answer will do please help. Thanks

Semper Fooey
Does anybody understand this?

Does anybody understand this?
i think i understand what he wanna but not right away, read and reread the question..

so question i guess about... if director or another.. of movie, how(information..) he/they is create(portrayed) real scene about possessed children..

It's a lazy attempt to get someone else to do their homework.

The OP wants to see how effective possessed children are at creating terror/suspense within the genre. So the 'how' would extent to the roles they portray, how they're filmed etc. It's a direct question, it's a discussion. I'm not going to answer it but this is what i'd imagine the OP is looking for

"Children are associated with innocence and need protecting, they're successfully utilised in the horror genre by subverting this convention. Characters often don't see them as threat and let their guard down whereas the audience are aware of their threat which creates tension. They're often shot with so and so and framed against. In films such as Don't Look Now, it's the audiences associative thoughts of children that make the end so haunting"

not a first
it seems it's not always laziness

Semper Fooey
i think i understand what he wanna but not right away, read and reread the question..

so question i guess about... if director or another.. of movie, how(information..) he/they is create(portrayed) real scene about possessed children..
I don't understand what you said either.

I don't understand what you said either.
then reread^4&*8+

that's what she said...
Possessed children is usually always effective because as stated by PyroTramp "Children are associated with innocence and need protecting...", and thats EXACTALLY it. The social norm of children are that they are passive and need guidence and therefor in movies where the children are possessed and murdering people and plotting crimes and whatnot, it creates a stir because it is not normal. And I think thats how SO MANY horror movies do so well especially in Vampire/Zombie/Creature/Demon genre because people like to be scared of the unknown and ununual in this case: Possessed Children.
Well, that's all I really have to say on the subject. Its an interesting concept that your working on in your course. Did you get to pick the subject? Or was it assigned?

I've seen enough possessed children in my local supermarket (who are not getting their way.)

LOL (where is the laughing smiley?

Maybe you mean compared to really possessed children? Does anyone have any footage of actually possessed children? Cause if you did that would be super.

A system of cells interlinked
@ PJ - The laughing smiley uses the following tag ;rotfl;

Just replace the semi-colon with colon....

Africa actually has an interesting dimension to possessed children. I know ghananian films are big on that. The angle though is taken more from a spiritual perspective. Search for ghananian movies on youtube and you know what i mean