FAVORITE Stephen King Movie

Tools    

I liked The Langoliers much when I watched it for the first time though no movie can be compared with Shawshank Redemption. This is one of the most impressive movies. I also liked the way Kathy Bates played in Misery. I read the book first and just can’t imagine who could have done it better.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Didn't realise Shawshank was a Stephen King film. That too.
My dad is always amazed that Shawshank, a favorite of his, is a Stephen King movie. Probably because it's a lot different than the horror flicks that he's well known for.

The Mist, The Shining, Green Mile, Itt.

Thinner

The Green Mile

The Shining

Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Stand By Me
Misery
Christine
Pet Sematary
Still holding on for The Gunslinger and The Talisman,but a little worried too

"I know what you need"

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Christine

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

The Langoliers

These are my favorites

The Shining
The dead zone
stand by me

The Shining & Dolores Claiborne

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

The Shining was the only horror story of King's that I thought translated well into film. Otherwise, I quite liked the film version of The Shawshank Redemption. Green Mile was okay, but having read the book it was pretty boring for me - they seem to have been trying for an exact adaptation with that one.

EDIT: I've yet to see all of Misery, but it looks pretty well-done from what I've seen. I'll have to get back to that movie...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
The Shining is tops, but that's because Kubrick added his own touch to it. It is well documented that King did not like Kubrick's take on his story.

The Shawshank Redemption is of course good, and so is Misery. I enjoy Silver Bullet because it's so campy. Sleepwalkers is a hoot, especially since I have thing for cats.

Stand by Me is a classic, and is loved by many people. I enjoy it lots and lots but it doesn't really connect to me on an emotional and nostalgic level the way it does with so many people.

The Dead Zone and Christine are very well structured, if silly movies but the narratives move along fine and are great escapism.

I have yet to see Carrie. I do enjoy Pet Cemetery II. I was bored with The Green Mile and found it to be over-bloated dribble.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

It scared the pants off me when I saw it years ago. Had to sleep with the light on for a whole week!