Vampire Movies

Tools    

I like Blade II..

Van Helsing and The Librarian are favorite vampire movies.

They've probably all been mentioned these are some of the best vampire films for me.

Fright Night - Great blend of humor and horror. The Premise is so simple what would you do if Dracula moved next door to you. Get a wooden steak of course!

Innocent Blood - A twist on the vampire genre it's a "Gangster Vampire" movie. Thoroughly Entertaining.

The Hunger - MTV style filmmaking from Tony Scott. Tons of Music, flashy clothing, crazy editing and one of the best lesbian scenes shot between Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve. Rent Now.

The Fearless Vampire Killers High End Camp. Think of the best camp films made and this one probably tops it. The vampire dance is just one of many great scenes.

Cronos - Guillermo del Toro strives with his small budget constraints. Another Unique play on the vampire genre.

Dracula: Pages from a Virgin’s Diary - A Musical vampire flick you have to see it to beileve it. Guy Maddin doesn't just just pull it off. He creates such a creative tempo with the dance, music, acting and storytelling. Strongly recommended

Near Dark - Very energetic with great performances from Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton and the rest of the cast. Kathryn Bigelow second feature film.

Martin - I really have a hard time explaining this George A. Romero film. It might be one of the most original films ever made. I really want to and need to see this film again.

Black Sunday - Bava is a favorite director of mine, But many directors have shown great appreciation for his films and this is where it all really started. Some of the thickiest atmosphere ever capture on film.

Check out Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter if you want a laugh, and if thats not good enough you could always check out Vampire Assassin, the fight choreography is so bad that you will find yourself constantly rewatching the same scene to not only laugh at all the mistakes but to also try and figure out HOW THE HELL they pictured these scenes as looking cool at all...... lol, enjoy

hmmmm.... top faves are:

1. Interview with the Vampire - love the cinematography
2. Salem's Lot - couldn't sleep for days on end even with my crucifix;
3. The Lost Boys - uber cool!!!

i have seen dracula, i love dracula movies and books for others it scary but foe me its fun to read and watch, i have been collecting vampires books, as of now i have about 20 vampire books..

i have seen dracula, i love dracula movies and books for others it scary but foe me its fun to read and watch, i have been collecting vampires books, as of now i have about 20 vampire books..
And do you read them while drinking a cup of nice Starbucks coffee.

Hello Friend..I have one - Twilight Series..! Hope you like it ! Thank you

The True Blood tv series is really good. They go in an interesting way with the vampires, having some of them trying to live publicly with humans, by living off synthetic blood invented by the Japanese. They also show how the vampires act as a society, with some of them having higher rank and being in charge of all vampires in given areas. It is a fantastic series, especially season 2 when they start introducing other creatures as well.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Well, they aren't "recent" as in the last few years, but a couple great ones from the '80s to track down ASAP are Near Dark and Fright Night.
Near Dark! Yes! forgot about that one.

"I hate em when they ain't been shaved"

Okay, I skipped watching those two since the third one was so bad. However, if those are better (since the third one did have potential which it failed to meet up to miserably), I will have to check them out.
First blade is definatly one of the best vampire movies ever. Third one is definatly junk. As well as the 2nd. Near dark is over rated. Bram Stokers dracula is good. And so is Fright Night.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

I could never really understand the default universal objection to vampires or Dracula as presented in the movies....
I mean unless one is actively attending church, and or objects due to moral religious reasons, I could never understand why people in the movies villified Dracula so much.

It's not like the people objecting to these vampires or Dracula were 'boyscouts' or anything...
So if the objection is not a moral one, than what is it?

I think in real life, Dracula would be treated like a 'god' of sorts...I mean if people followed Charles Mansion or David Koresh, can you imagine the real life following a vampire would get...

Scientist would want to sample his blood to see if they could cure this or that...women would want him, men would want his power...the CIA would want to weaponize him....

Yes, in real life, Dracula would be quit the speciman...

For me... Blade 2 & 3

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Not a big fan, but The Lost Boys is one of my all time favourite movies. Near Dark, Nosferatu & Interview With A Vampire are also good, but like I said, not a big fan.