SAW VI / your opinion

Tools    

Hi
Has anyone seen SAW VI? and if someone has done it please share his informations with us. im a SAW series fan and unfortunately haven't seen VI yet.
whats your rate for it?

A system of cells interlinked
If it's anything like the other 5... it's terrible.

Hey, you asked.

If it's anything like the other 5... it's terrible.

Hey, you asked.
5 ? its fair i agree that SAW isn't a pro serie but certainly its atmosphere and complex story make it a popular serie.
and im still waiting for whatching sixth one

Not the worst in the series.

Here is my review.
Thank you for your comprehensive review. i enjoyed read it. and i think this installment isn't that bad according to your review.

5 ? its fair i agree that SAW isn't a pro serie but certainly its atmosphere and complex story make it a popular serie.
and im still waiting for whatching sixth one
Complex story? How so? It's actually some of the most contrived and poorly written narratives I have ever seen. Leigh Whannell, who wrote and acted (terribly) is the first one, had a good idea when he started. The tense scenes in the room with the two men trapped trying to figure out the mystery was pretty compelling stuff. If the writer and director had any balls at all, they would have kept the viewer in the room the entire time, trapped with the men, building more and more tension. Instead, they keep cutting away to two different scenarios, both of which are galactically bad.

First you have the drab, poorly written and played police procedural storyline, which contains some of the worst dialogue ever put on screen. There are two dry detectives, and Danny Glover, who I swear looked as if someone had bonked him on the head to confuse him enough to sign on to the flick. He mumbles gibberish and sits in a decrepit apartment. There is absolutely NO reason he would be in this apartment, ever, except that the director wanted to fool the viewer into thinking Glover might be the killer (which is ludicrous). If your partner gets shot, there is no reason your apartment would fall into decades long disrepair in a matter of months.

So you have these two clown detectives that fumble and putter around, asking useless questions, and you have Glover, in the worst performance of his career. Now remember, we are supposed to be all tense, because dudes are trapped...with a time limit!

Too bad. Because now it is time for a flashback...within a flashback. That's right, the viewers are now whisked away to a magical land in which men who are trapped and fighting for their lives have a flashback...and then while in the flashback, they have another flashback...about someone else, at a place they have never been. We need the flashback though, because we are asleep, and it's time to WAKE UP. We wake up, because it's time to see the torture devices now. We get to watch a few random also-ran scenes that look like they might have been cut from Se7en for being too unbelievable, shot on sets that were constructed in 4 hours with a lego kit, some barbed wire and an old office chair. All the sets look terrible.

The problem with the flashback sequences is, none of these characters are part of the film we have been watching, and we don't CARE who they are. The scenes are there strictly as an attempt at shock value. Jigsaw narrates some half-baked "reasoning" for the traps through a doll in a wheelchair. Look out! It's a doll in a wheelchair! If he gets any closer, I may turn over and yawn! Jigsaw prattles on about not caring enough about the gift of life, and a sort of rule set is created as to how he operates; If your a junkie, you don't respect life, so you should die..or something like that. Meanwhile the ******** in the room have to be dead by now, they were on a time limit!

I must also mention that during all these flashbacks, some of the worst sound and video editing I have ever seen is employed. Rapid fire stutter cuts and ridiculous whirling cameras are combined with jarring sounds in an attempt to keep the viewer tense. All because no actual suspense has been created. Any that had been created buy the initial set-up was destroyed when Danny Glover started rocking back and forth and clapping.

Note to everyone: Sounds that startle you suddenly are not scary, at all. They are startling. The old lady next door can startle me when she drops her dust pan while whisk-brooming the garage. Not scary.

The worst aspect...is that Jigsaw's silly rules don't seem to apply to either of the two main characters. I hate this aspect of the film. They spend screen time away from the main story, setting up an arbitrary set of elastic rules, set by a serial killer, and then they don't even stick to their own mythos. That is the worst kind of bad writing, IMO. How a doctor and a photographer (albeit a sleezy one) somehow qualify among the other miscreants Jigsaw allegedly targets, I just don't know, but it doesn't make any sense, no matter how you look at it.

I also haven't seen it yet but previous saw is great!

Saw 6 was endlessly entertaining, and managed to save the series from certain death. It was not by any means perfect, but it was solid and one of the only one in the series (aside from 3) that actually hooked me in with the culmination of the story arc. I genuinely preferred that to the traps and gore.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The worst aspect...is that Jigsaw's silly rules don't seem to apply to either of the two main characters. I hate this aspect of the film. They spend screen time away from the main story, setting up an arbitrary set of elastic rules, set by a serial killer, and then they don't even stick to their own mythos. That is the worst kind of bad writing, IMO. How a doctor and a photographer (albeit a sleezy one) somehow qualify among the other miscreants Jigsaw allegedly targets, I just don't know, but it doesn't make any sense, no matter how you look at it.
Spoiler alert -
WARNING: "SAW VI" spoilers below
It's all about Health Care.

Jigsaw is clearly a smart guy, and insane. So to trying to put some kind of rational thought behind his selection process is a bit weird. He sees the doctors mistreatment of his patients ie- not caring enough, just as bad as a drug addict.

I don't want to get into a debate about SAW, because it would be pointless, but the rest of what you say is on the mark.

Yet I still love the first film.

Your spoiler just blew my mind because I just typed those exact words in an IM. I thought I had somehow pasted it in to your response or something. Tripped me out.

I tried to watch the first film again, and I can't stand Adam. THE worst actor, ever. Elwes is abysmal, as well. Glover is good for comic relief, though.

I think the 6 worth it to see according to some guys explanations. about the first film in some parts i'm disagree with you Sedai, whatever that was at least was entertaining.