United 93

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If you have no idea what this movie is about, you were obviously under a rock 5 years ago. The controversy surrounding this film was very obvious, watching it I can understand why some people were skeptical about its release. Now...onto the review

United 93 takes us through the events that transpired and led to one of the most hainous attacks on the U.S. on that fateful day of September 11, 2001. The first half-hour to 45 minutes is pretty much the lead-in for everything that would happen that day. The only characters that are focused on a great deal of the film are that of the FAA, military, terrorists, and the passengers of the flight. Now whether or not everything happened exactly how it is on film is another thing. But some of what we see has been backed up by actual investigation. It's actually not so much interesting as it is eye-opening how lax the country was, and how nobody really knew what to do.

There really isn't much a person can say about this movie. As the passengers are calling loved ones and friends to tell them goodbye, you begin to wonder what you would do in a situation like that, who would you call? The climax of the film, the re-takeover is very moving to see what a bunch of people armed with fire extinguishers, forks, knives, and anything else that could've been used as a weapon fight back.

If you're not interested in watching this movie, that's fine, you don't have to be. If you haven't heard, all take-in from this are going to the WTC memorial.

I give it a 4.5/5, simply because there really was a focus on the not so important more than the important aspects.

United 93 is rated R for language and scenes of violence.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

i'm still not sure if i really want to see this film...i've seen a documentary about it that said they still weren't sure what exactly happened up there...

but thanks for the review....everyone seems to be giving this one 4 stars

He who created film is a God
I found that who ever made this movie was really stupid...God it's been five years since the two towers fell and since the plane crashed so I really don't want to see this movie and I don't think anyone should waist their money on this movie.

He who created film is a God
Another thing is who knows what happened on the plane except for the fact that people where using the phone to call relitives and all!!!

I haven't seen the film yet but i know that a lot of people are saying its exploitive, especially since its so soon. From what i've read about it it doesn't sound exploitive at all, it sounds like it's just trying to give an accurate portrayal of what happened. Obviously we'll never know exactly. And people are saying that its too soon but i think that it would be way more exploitive if they made it a lot later, becuase it would be another Titanic. Maybe they figured if they were going to make a movie maybe they should make it at a time that it would have an emotional impact.

Originally Posted by Moviemania101
Another thing is who knows what happened on the plane except for the fact that people where using the phone to call relitives and all!!!
Calm down man, I think it's a given that the exact accounts of what actually transpired on any plane that for that matter is heresay. If anything, go see it simply for the fact that any and all money from it is going to the memorial for those that were lost.

Originally Posted by TwentyOne
I haven't seen the film yet but i know that a lot of people are saying its exploitive, especially since its so soon. From what i've read about it it doesn't sound exploitive at all, it sounds like it's just trying to give an accurate portrayal of what happened. Obviously we'll never know exactly. And people are saying that its too soon but i think that it would be way more exploitive if they made a lot later, becuase it would be another Titanic. Maybe they figured if they were going to make a movie maybe they should make it at a time that it would have an emotional impact.
To be honest, I agree with you, but at the same time, I'd rather it happen sooner than later. If something were to happen in this day and age like the Titanic going down, but nobody survived, all we have is a last ditch effort to call for help. Then all the rumors start and there's all these possibilities of what might of happened, and stories get misconstrued and on and on and on. So in showing in within a certain period, we're able to have a set story of what happened, and there's not all these other misconception's floating around.

Originally Posted by spudracer
If you're not interested in watching this movie, that's fine, you don't have to be. If you haven't heard, all take-in from this are going to the WTC memorial.
No, maybe YOU heard wrong: ten percent of the grosses from the first three days of theatrical release are going into a fund for the memorial.

That's hardly "all take-in from this".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
No, maybe YOU heard wrong: ten percent of the grosses from the first three days of theatrical release are going into a fund for the memorial.

That's hardly "all take-in from this".
I knew I'd get a reaction from you eventually. Yeah, I'd heard it both ways, and wasn't sure which one it was.

I knew I'd get a reaction from you eventually. Yeah, I'd heard it both ways, and wasn't sure which one it was.
lmao...So you very conviniently chose to report the more flattering option (ie. fiction) and ignored what could be the truth?
...ironic really...considering the subject matter of this movie...

I cannot bring myself to watch this movie but wanted to know what the mofo's had thought of it...hence I dug up this thread...apologies.

This movie was disturbing and powerful. Even though more than a decade has passed, I still don't think anyone who lost loved ones during 911 should watch this, but if you have the stomach for it, it's an intensely moving cinematic experience.