What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

I don't know what everyone's fascination with Saw was. I thought it was an average dumb "horror" film. No better than The Grudge or all of the other crap that came out that year. Acting sucked, Danny Glover's character was worthless, and all in all it was just sloppy. Gory and bloody for the sake of being so. Did I mention it wasn't scary? THis is all just my opinion, so whatev.

Elephant is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. 20 minutes into the film when Alex and Eric walk towards the school fully dressed in camo my heart sank. When the actual shooting took place, I went white, and felt like I was gonna throw up from fright. I almost cried. Not from sadness, but because it was so horrifying. Scarier than anything in that frickin' Amityville Horror remake or whatnot.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by X Randeath X
I don't know what everyone's fascination with Saw was. I thought it was an average dumb "horror" film. No better than The Grudge or all of the other crap that came out that year. Acting sucked, Danny Glover's character was worthless, and all in all it was just sloppy. Gory and bloody for the sake of being so. Did I mention it wasn't scary? THis is all just my opinion, so whatev
Oh, it isn't everyone. I thought Saw was pretty damn bad, for the reasons you mentioned and more....

I watched IRREVERSIBLE yesterday, I found the violence and rape in this movie very disturbing, at times I had to put my hands over my eyes.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Mysterious Skin

Two teenage boys try to deal with being molested by their little league coach when they were eight years old.

The thing I find weird about this thread though, Is one movie will be disturbing to someone and to another it may be a great laugh. I honestly dont think we could come up with one set movie to be the most disturbing but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.

For me the movie I find really disturbing is Schindler's List, just because knowing that this movie was based on stuff that actually went down its sick to think about what these people hand to endure and go through. And some of the scenes get pretty violent as well.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
For me the movie I find really disturbing is Schindler's List, just because knowing that this movie was based on stuff that actually went down its sick to think about what these people hand to endure and go through. And some of the scenes get pretty violent as well.

Requiem For A Dream

Originally Posted by dubabean
Requiem For A Dream
I just IMDB that film. Man does it look depressing. And it's highly rated too with an 8.5/10 with over 57,000 reviewers.

Originally Posted by Escape
I just IMDB that film. Man does it look depressing. And it's highly rated too with an 8.5/10 with over 57,000 reviewers.

You've never even heard of Requiem for a Dream? It's a tough movie, but well worth seeing. Ellen Burstyn in particular gives an amazing performance. But the finale where all four of the character's storylines crescendo into monstrous desperation actually made me physically ill the first time I saw it in the theater, that's how effective it was. I got dizzy and sweaty and thought I was going to hurl. Seriously. Never happened to me with a movie before, not even an Adam Sandler flick.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, a really brutal movie. I got it for a christmas present a few years back. After seeing Pi I thought I was prepared for a kind of intense, intellectual and interestingly shot film (Yes, the three I's). I was so wrong. It affected my sleep pattern for a good while.

I did give irreversible as a present back last year so I got her back. We watched it on Christmas day last year. Nice present?

You're only as healthy as you feel
I think the most disturbing film is vanilla sky i mean that movie is really spooky

The House Of Sand And Fog and also The Hole was pretty disturbing.

Requim For A Dream for its graffic account of drug abuse
Pink Flamingos just plain sick

Originally Posted by thmilin
oh oh, i know!! music videos by the Quay Brothers!!!

there was one, i'll never get over it, 3 am on MTV YEARS ago ( i was like, 12 ... so, 1992?) ... and a vid came on with meat moving through a pipe and a twisted little puppet man going crazy and suffering in some decrepit apartment bldg - it looked like Silent Hill meets Voodoo, goodness!
Band: TOOL
Song: Sober
and actually most of their videos are like this. you should see the one for "Stinkfist"

my vote goes to Glitter or Get rich and die Trying....

I started reading this thread from page one, and by page nine I realized that there were over twenty pages of replies so I stopped reading.

The movie that really got me was Irreversible which was mentioned above. The first time I saw the rape scene and the guy getting his head pounded to bits I looked away, and my stomach hurt. There is something about the still camera that makes it seem so, real.

As far as all out disturbing via gore I would have to say my vote goes to Takashi Miike for "Ichi The Killer".

I think Hostel looks rough, but I have yet to see it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hope I can put HOSTEL up on this list.

Suspect's Reviews

The Wizard of Oz is very disturbing.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Sedai
Why the flying monkeys o'course. (The stripey stockings clashed horribly n'all )

No I was more disturbed by the characters, like that Tin Man and the Scarecrow.
Well I haven't seen it for years and years, I can't remember it much.