British films

Tools    

The scarier thing is that I've got a son almost as old as some of you guys. (My older son turns 12 in a few weeks).

Yikes - did you get married at 16/17? My dad married my mom (they divorced later) shortly before his 17th birthday...he was only a little older than I am now!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea, I try to be mature with my posts. And not say what my teenager self thinks. But hey sometimes I slip. Like with Denise Richards. lol

At first I thought Chris was alot older than he is too. Weird I guess.

I'm allowed to see any movie I want. My family is cool like that.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Yikes - did you get married at 16/17? My dad married my mom (they divorced later) shortly before his 17th birthday...he was only a little older than I am now!
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but people don't have to be married to have children. I didn't actually get married until after my older son was born, so I was 18 when I got married, but I was 17 (well, 17 and a half) when my older son was born. The girl I married was also 18 (but she was 18 when our son was born, too).

My bad - I do know that, just wasn't sure here. I personally plan to marry first, but do not think ill of you at all. Rather, kudos for not being like many of the deadbeats who avoid the woman afterwards...

I'm eighteen in May. Same day I graduate. Go team me!

I saw a great one a year or two ago. I think it was called Dangerous Creatures. It was a comdey that took place in a zoo.

That movie was actually called Fierce Creatures, starring John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kevin Kline (among others). I enjoyed that movie, as well. Not as good as "A Fish Called Wanda", though (a movie with the same three main stars, and Michael Palin, who is also in both movies).

MovieForums Extra

Actually, I think "A Fish Called Wanda" is one of the most hilarious comedies I have ever seen! Genial film, too bad they don't give out oscars for comedies (which is something to think about)!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
aww, Ollie, what you said to ryan was just MEAN!

i like Mr. Bean, though his stuff gets repetitive after a while. i used to get disturbed by some of the paper cutout stuff on monty python. but i did really like are you being served.

a fish called wanda was hilarious though ... was that actually a british film, or an american film made in britain that happened to have a british lead?

MovieForums Extra

You're right, I'm pretty sure that it was filmed in Hollywood...but wasn't the director himself Brittish? I'll have to check up on that!

The director of A Fish Called Wanda was indeed British. The man's name was Charles Crichton, and he was born in London. a good bit of his directing credits appear to be for British TV shows.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
this is a right peach of a thread

-<bump>-

ok, as far as I'm concerned it doens't matter with the humour is british or american, but, no one can diss red dward. Red Dwarf IS funny, if you don't find it funny then I'm going to have to brutally mutilate/maime whatever's necessary until you accept that as fact.

other decent

Steve Coogan aka Alan Partridge aka Tony Ferrino is good laughs, as is Jack Dee less so now, Paul Kaye as Dennis Pennis, Smack the Pony, Spaced, the fast show, Harry Enfield... the list is long

British humour does tend to be specific, usually centered round a satirical or sarcastic approach and there's always the risk of this being very culture specific...

But if you have to check one thing out, check out any documentary by Louis Theroux to see how we percieve Americans

The Royle Family is the ultimate British sitcom. That's my family and most of my neighbours and friends right there on that show.

I'd love to see what an American makes of it. They totally wouldn't find it funny.

Father Ted too. I'm Irish so that cracks me up how strangely accurate that show can be. There is no way Father Ted would make it in the States - much too surreal.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
OMG! Father Ted is the best

I think they might be able to dig it...

As for the royle family I really can't stand it

have any of you MoFo's seen a movie called ORLANDO if not check it. I'm not going to say anything about this great film find it and rent it and see for yourself.

Depending on where you live in the big 'ol USA, "Father Ted" is indeed broadcast here. It's also available on R1 DVD.

Never got into it myself. Much more of an "Absolutely Fabulous" guy myself.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Never got into it myself. Much more of an "Absolutely Fabulous" guy myself.
I hate that show. It represents all that is soulless and wrong with this world.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by TWTCommish
It represents all that is soulless and wrong with this world.
It's not exactly glorifying that lifestyle for you to hate it !?!

Unless what you mean is you're in support of everything soulless and wrong in this world and therefore don't wish to see it mocked