Saw 2

Tools    

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
wow, good eye. too bad that happened about 2 minutes before they revealed Jigsaw. so it didn't give you too much time to think.

Shameless self promotion
Despite being convinced I'd love this film I really didn't like it at all so won't be watching any sequels but certainly does seem like a weird idea, would be interesting at least to see what angle their going to take with it.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I'm confident in this after the interview with the new director.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/features.php?id=101

Shameless self promotion
Hmmm, interseting. He sure is pretty enamoured withy his own work

Thing is for me, why I was so disappointed with the first one, was because it was hyped to be so scary and it wasn't so much scary as silly and since he's saying the same about a sequel I'm a little dubious.

While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason (Donnie Wahlberg) has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind.

And Mason is right.

Jigsaw is at work again. But instead of two people locked in a room with only one unthinkable way out, there are eight. Eight strangers – unaware of their connection to each other -- forced to play out a game that challenges their wits and puts their lives in jeopardy.

Release Date: October 28, 2005
Studio: Lions Gate Films
Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
Screenwriter: Darren Lynn Bousman, Leigh Whannell
Starring: Donnie Wahlberg, Shawnee Smith, Tobin Bell, Franky G., Glenn Plummer, Dina Meyer, Emmanuael Vaugier, Beverley Mitchell, Eric Knudsen
Genre: Thriller
Official Website: Saw2.com

awsome

Saw was a godawful film - acting, script and ending. I've never sat in a cinema and heard so many sniggers at what was supposed to be a tense time. The sequel is one film I'll def be avoiding like the plague

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by christine
Saw was a godawful film - acting, script and ending. I've never sat in a cinema and heard so many sniggers at what was supposed to be a tense time. The sequel is one film I'll def be avoiding like the plague
What do you want from a pretty much amateur movie?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Nitzer
What do you want from a pretty much amateur movie?
Script, direction, acting..... y'know, all the things that makes any movie good, regardless of budget.

All the things that Saw didn't possess.

I agree...Saw was really weak.

It wants the audience to forgive obvious implausibility’s (a doctor not being able to tell if a guy playing dead for hours on end is actually dead, etc.) and is full of flash and nothing else…*ugh*, Saw 2 can only get worse.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
bull**** I can't stand when people say this stuff! I for one loved the movie. I'm certainly not bashing anybody's opinion, but to say the ending was obvious is just plain bull****.
Well, Zepp, I also guessed it was the orderly. It was rather obvious when they included him in the film the way they did, sort of focusing on him at the hospital. That said, however, I don't think anyone could have guess the second twist (where the orderly WAS). That sure threw me for a loop. Still, overall, the film seemed pretty standard thriller fare, with some Se7en thrown in for good measure. I liked the set design but that was about it. My girlfriend is a horror/thriller nut, and this ended up in our collection, but it's not in high rotation in the player.

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
I loved the movie and the ending was great. I just dont see how a sequel can be made though. im kinda dissapointed Hollywood just keeps ruining good movies but hey, if it brings in the doe thats there box of chocolates.
I'll ask this again, because I still don't get it. How does the fact that a sequel exists ruin the first film? Speaking generally here, not just about Saw...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Saw was not the new Seven, more like the new Blair Witch Project.
There was too much hype about this movie, yes there was some good ideas, but ultimately this film didn't really amaze me.
I felt the same way about the Blair Witch Project, was it really that clever and scary?
Perhaps because the big studios seem so bereft of original ideas, these films are held in a higher regard than what they deserve.
I have seen parts of the Blair Witch sequel on tv, what a piece of crap that looks, and I fully expect them to make a complete balls up of any sequel to Saw or Seven.
The last rumour I heard about a Seven sequel centered around Morgan Freeman's character developing physic powers that helps him solve murder cases, LEAVE SEVEN ALONE!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Saw was average at best. I watched it again, and none of the scares were there, it was just tripe. Saw 2, i'm not bothered either way, i'm sure it will deliver the standard horror thrills though won't touch Se7en.

Blair Witch was good, maybe the hype didn't really do the film much justice, as, if i remember they were trying to sell the film as something it wasn't.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
It appears that the official site has been updated with a new look. the reason why I am posting this is because that when you enter it, it only goes to a countdown?? could this be a countdown for when it's completely finished (the site) or when the theatrical trailer will be out!!??? someoneone help!!!

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
i'm sure it will deliver the standard horror thrills though won't touch Se7en.
Well thanks

Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
It appears that the official site has been updated with a new look. the reason why I am posting this is because that when you enter it, it only goes to a countdown?? could this be a countdown for when it's completely finished (the site) or when the theatrical trailer will be out!!??? someoneone help!!!
Hmmmm. I need to find out myself

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Saw was not the new Seven, more like the new Blair Witch Project...
Say what?!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
...was it {The Blair Witch Project} really that clever and scary?
Yes it was and no, not scary...creepy.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Yeah BWP was the first of it's kind and especially creepy since I watched it in a camper in the woods.