most traumatic movie involving a kid?

Tools    

What's the most traumatic movie you've seen involving a kid? A kid that was probably abducted or something but later got rescued somehow.

War of the Worlds

or

Juimanji I mean slowly turning into a monkey would seriousl screw with anyones head, also the hole getting stuck in the jungle by yourself for 30 years bit.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Sixth Sense. It was traumatic to me. I hate that kid.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
The Sixth Sense. It was traumatic to me. I hate that kid.
I agree man, it takes that kid like a half hour to say anything.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Recently, it's gotta be Dark Water. Interesting to see if the Walter Salles remake will go down that road....

Leon: Where the boy runs down a hallway and gets gunned-down.

the ice cream truck part in the original Assualt of Precinct 13 was a big suprise i was just like "woah" when it happened

Take it back I just watched Hide and Seek

seems like all the bad **** happens to Dokata Fanning

Randomly visiting for now
I thought the butterfly effect had some seriously traumatic stuff that happened to the kid. He blacks out several times and he; finds his dog got burned alive, discovers himself with no clothes on in the creepy mans basement, wakes up with a knife in his hand and draws a freaky picture he can't remember of two prisoners who got stabbed.

ok granted the kid versions weren't in a lot of the movie but still pretty traumatic wouldn't you say!

wizard of oz, the labyrinth.

A system of cells interlinked
I don't remember Labyrinth being traumatic....hmmmm... Are you talking about when Jareth takes the kid from the house?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - I wasn't quite as young as the the little kid in the film when it came out, but I was close. My mother still couldn't resist taking me to see it opening weekend, though. When they pulled the kid out through the dog door, I flipped. That's the ticket, Mom, take a little kid to see a movie about aliens who go after a little kid... I'll be all right...no, really...

Originally Posted by Sedai
I don't remember Labyrinth being traumatic....hmmmm... Are you talking about when Jareth takes the kid from the house?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - I wasn't quite as young as the the little kid in the film when it came out, but I was close. My mother still couldn't resist taking me to see it opening weekend, though. When they pulled the kid out through the dog door, I flipped. That's the ticket, Mom, take a little kid to see a movie about aliens who go after a little kid... I'll be all right...no, really...
na, im talking of the trauma of looking at david bowie in tights with hundreds of goblins running round you dancing and jumping and sing.
"you remind me of the babe,
what babe?
the babe with the power"....
Thats traumatic.
It had to leave the kid with long lasting mental scars.

Originally Posted by EmuGOD
War of the Worlds
I agree. What little Dakota Fanning as Rachel in the new War of the Worlds goes through is just a tad traumatic.

One that should be terribly traumatic is George Romero's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which is based on a Stephen King short novel. It's about a 9-year-old girl who gets lost in the Appalachian forest for 9 days. In the book, this kid goes through all sorts of hell. It's, in my opinion of course, one of King's finest stories. I hope Romero stays faithful to it because it should be quite the thrill ride.

Originally Posted by -Clarence-
na, im talking of the trauma of looking at david bowie in tights with hundreds of goblins running round you dancing and jumping and sing.
"you remind me of the babe,
what babe?
the babe with the power"....
Thats traumatic.
It had to leave the kid with long lasting mental scars.

Good point.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I agree. What little Dakota Fanning as Rachel in the new War of the Worlds goes through is just a tad traumatic.

One that should be terribly traumatic is George Romero's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which is based on a Stephen King short novel. It's about a 9-year-old girl who gets lost in the Appalachian forest for 9 days. In the book, this kid goes through all sorts of hell. It's, in my opinion of course, one of King's finest stories. I hope Romero stays faithful to it because it should be quite the thrill ride.
Ah, yes. This reminds me....

The Earthling (1980, Collinson) - You have William Holden and Ricky "I will never call you Rick no matter how ugly you get" Schroder in this forgotten gem. Another film my Mom took me to, because it had a little kid in it. I wouldn't camp for years afterwards. That first night the kid spends in the woods after the RV goes over the cliff horrified me.

Shameless self promotion
Hmmm, I found Pumpkinhead rather traumatic from the kiddie point of view. Was very sad especially for Lance Henrikson's character, really very genuinely sad for a horror.

I'll second Close Encounters of the Third Kind. But the things Dylan Baker's son in Happiness goes through is hell. That was one of the more disturbing elements in the film for me.