Logans Run: Ancient SciFi?

Tools    

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I saw Logan's Run as a double feature presentation with Star Wars back in the day. Even though Star Wars changed my eight year old life, it was Logan's Run that really showed me what a good sci-fi (storywise) really is. I fell in love with it then, and am still passionate about it today. I don't really want them to do a remake, especially after learning who's involved with it. Besides, I can't imagine anyone but York playing Logan.
"There is no sanctuary."

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Peter Ustinov was also in it...who can replace him?

Johnny Vegas? (large, funny accent)

Robbie Coltrane? (larger, can do funny accents)

Brian Dennehy? (in case the movie goes massively over budget)

I think they'll probably go for Sir Tony Hopkins in the Ustinov role, if they want to keep him English.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Feed me breadcrumbs
I doubt they'd go for a similar look in the role.

Didn't Logan's Run also spin off into a TV series, I remember watching it. I'd hate to be wrong, I enjoyed it. At least, what I remember was attached to that name on the box. I was only a kid.

My life isn't written very well.
susan, you astound me!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Feed me breadcrumbs
I really liked the cars they had on the tv show. And the guy who played the android seemed pretty believable without over the top fx. I enjoyed the show to be honest.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by susan
tv show appeared not too long after the movie died down..if i remember right...it didn't last long....
I vaguely remember the TV series but to be honest it didn't hold my interest for very long (it was a Jenny free zone).

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I think they'll probably go for Sir Tony Hopkins in the Ustinov role, if they want to keep him English.
Now I'll have to go see it. Thanks Holden.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought the film was great and it still holds up today as does classics like the Time Machine and War of the Worlds. Although these latter examples are made a good time before 'Logans' Run' they fit nicely together.

I thought there'd be a special dvd thang goin' on but not near these tired eyes.

Shameless self promotion
Logan's Run was very camp and kitsch, I like it.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hey, I was 15 when this movie came out and I saw it in the theater and loved it for the storyline (and Ustinov was fun and cute). The way you guys are talking about this movie, as if it were made before "talkies," you're making me feel old.

Correction: Older.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
'Sir Tony' is Welsh, damn you! Did we slaughter partially-armed Zulus in their thousands only to be forgotten so? Oh, the shame, the shame...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Golgot
'Sir Tony' is Welsh, damn you! Did we slaughter partially-armed Zulus in their thousands only to be forgotten so? Oh, the shame, the shame...
Egads... if there's one thing my trip to England taught me, it's never call a Welshman "English" or vice versa!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Egads... if there's one thing my trip to England taught me, it's never call a Welshman "English" or vice versa!
This is what happens when everyone's crammed together on a small island with centuries' worth of accents in their mouths and grievances in their pockets. A whole lot of silly tribal sparring. Most of the time it's just a joke tho .

Although there's some truth in what ole George Bernard Shaw said:
"It is impossible for an Englishman to open his mouth without making some other Englishman hate him or despise him"

Maybe Austrucks right tho. If all thoroughbred welshmen were to wear zulu headgear, at least we could tell each other apart more easily . Yorkshire men could wear roses [tho different types of roses for each bit of Yorkshire, as they don't get on at all well with eachother]. Cornish people could wear Cornish pasties on their heads. This could work...

i'd worry that we'd stop talking altogether, and would just hurl things at each other from nearby hilltops