What movies do you prefer alone at home?

Tools    

Splice or Don't Breathe, on the other hand, has stuff in it that could strain those relationships.

Ah, Splice. That uncomfortable moment when you realize
WARNING: "Spoiling Spoilers of Spoilage" spoilers below
"OMG he's going to shag it, isn't he?"

In this context the sort of thing I wouldn’t mind being spoilt by company. Something I’m very unlikely to like anyway, so why not.

I love going to second viewings with company, once I’ve already seen the thing and know it’s good.

I take film more personally than most other things, and if a film I enjoy is ruined for me it’s a huge annoyance (has happened).
You should go with me to the cinema so time, so you listen to one person explain to the other in their native language the whole time or even better, a husband explain to his wife the whole movie as well. That one I said "If you wanna talk, stay the f*** at home!".

Victim of The Night
Almost all of them.
I watch movies. I do not do other shit while I watch movies. I do not talk during movies. I do not scroll through my phone. I don't miss one frame. I do not miss one sound. And I do not do well when any of that is interrupted. I would rather not watch a movie than have the movie, as it was intended, compromised for me. I am absolutely the person that will turn around and tell literally anyone to quiet down. Parents with kids. That big scary dude in the back. The loud woman talking to her friend that no one wants to engage. Shh.
This the main reason I only see movies at certain theaters and at certain times. If I want to see a movie in the theater I either go at an odd time like 1:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday (work permitting) or I go to a theater where I know the audience to be respectful.
The Broad Theater, not far from me here in New Orleans, has a surprisingly respectful audience. I saw Black Panther there and there was plenty of laughing and gasping and such that was appropriate to the film but when the film wasn't inducing a reaction from the audience, you could have heard a pin drop. Not a cell-phone in sight. Same exact way with Nope.
I also saw Memoria there. If you've seen it, you know how important silence is to the film. And nary a sound that wasn't emanating from the speakers was heard in that room for 136 minutes. I mean, people chewed their popcorn quietly.
People know that if they come to my house to watch a movie, we are watching the movie, and there will be no talking once the film starts. The most people are allowed to say are things like, "What a great shot" or "God she's good", and that shit better be whispered under your breath.
Anyway, obviously the point is that I cannot keep my shit together if people are distracting me from a movie, particularly if I've hauled my cookies to the theater and also paid to watch the movie. So I would mostly rather watch them at home at this point.
The snacks are cheaper too.

You should go with me to the cinema so time, so you listen to one person explain to the other in their native language the whole time or even better, a husband explain to his wife the whole movie as well. That one I said "If you wanna talk, stay the f*** at home!".
I’m in awe.

I have very occasionally snapped at people, but these are lost causes, aren’t they?

It’s the noise for me. My job is writing things and I always work to films at home as long as it’s something I’ve seen before and it’s otherwise quiet. But when people talk in the cinema over a movie it’s infuriating.

I went on a date recently and he called himself a cinephile (pah!), so we went to the movies (watched Smile because that was the only thing on that night that was up my street), and he talked the entire 15 minutes that we spent there (then I left). I was enraged which isn’t something I feel often. I had seen Smile before anyway, but hell, that reminded me why the home-alone approach is best.

I enjoy a good thriller alone late at night.

The best horror experiences I've had have been the old midnight movie (the total group experience, complete with call and response, jokes, screams, laughter, etc.) or entirely alone (the total isolation experience) with either an empty theater during matinee (the bulb struck only for me) or a late night viewing at home.

I’m in awe.

I have very occasionally snapped at people, but these are lost causes, aren’t they?

It’s the noise for me. My job is writing things and I always work to films at home as long as it’s something I’ve seen before and it’s otherwise quiet. But when people talk in the cinema over a movie it’s infuriating.

I went on a date recently and he called himself a cinephile (pah!), so we went to the movies (watched Smile because that was the only thing on that night that was up my street), and he talked the entire 15 minutes that we spent there (then I left). I was enraged which isn’t something I feel often. I had seen Smile before anyway, but hell, that reminded me why the home-alone approach is best.
It was after the movie that I went off.

I can only tolerate noise at the cinema if I go see a kids movie which makes it understandable that it's little kids who are noisy.

A child or baby at an adult content film, no f*cking way! I go to management to nip that in the bud quickly. My daughter was taught to be quiet and watch the film. That started at home.

She was 2 or 3 when they re-released the Star Wars film and she had no problem telling us to be quiet.

I don't mind watching at home but there are ones I need to see in cinema because at home I will get up and do things. At cinema, at least my focus is on the film.

I don't actually wear pants.
I prefer to watch the movies other people who live with me don't like when they aren't home because it's just so much easier. If I like it, then I'll watch it, but I try to be courteous in case others can't handle it or just don't want to watch it. That's not really a slight because I like to watch some really gory films, and those are definitely not for everyone.

What about movies we have to watch with other people?

My daughter was taught to be quiet and watch the film. That started at home.

She was 2 or 3 when they re-released the Star Wars film and she had no problem telling us to be quiet.

I don't mind watching at home but there are ones I need to see in cinema because at home I will get up and do things. At cinema, at least my focus is on the film.
That is some badass parenting. Hat off.

People mentioning bad cinema experiences and I get the same thing.

I like to go when it's like, opening time, 10am.
There's maybe me and a maximum of 10 people in there.

Nice and quiet.

I did have one experience, think it was Endgame, there was me and about maybe 10 others in there, and 2 teenagers around 4 rows in front of me, were sitting on their phones.
The light from which was directly in my eyeline.
I snuck out of my seat, moved quietly down the aisle behind them, stood bolt up straight like a King, and said out loud "Turn the f***ing phone off"
They did so props to them.

Other than that, the OP question: Every movie.

I prefer watching anything and everything at home, alone, in peace.

That being said... I do like to introduce my kids to things they've never seen before like 80s classics and pop-culture faves from the 80s.
They've grown up with the MCU and basically every piece of trash made since the year 2000, so I like to educate them.

In August just gone, for the 1st anniversary of my dad's death, I introduced my youngest, who was only 15 at the time, to a couple of my dad's favourites which are faves of mine as well.
Unforgiven (Eastwood)
Alien and Aliens
The original True Grit

After we'd watched Unforgiven, she turned and said to me "Wow, dad... that was a real movie"

I was sooooooo proud.

But other than that, I prefer anything at home.
I got my screen and sound set just perfect and better than any cinema could even dream of doing, and I got my pig-snacks and a can of beer.
Perfection.

Edit/addition:
I did sit and watch all the Twilight movies with my youngest.
She's fascinated by them, and I thought it was a good experience to watch something she likes.
And it was fascinating to watch her as the movies progressed.

This was one of the reasons I took it upon myself to show them "real movies" as my youngest put it.

Prefer watching at home but the only chance I get to see a movie without distractions is if I'm home alone. Otherwise there's going to be, at minimum, background noise and worse case scenario, a full blown case of Chatty Cathy were I have to pause the movie and wait for the episode to end. I go to the theater a few times a year and it's usually to watch a re-release. The closest theater to me is currently showing Gremlins and The Nightmare Before Christmas and that's what they do all year - show classics/cult favs for about two weekends, then usher in a new set of films. The crowd that goes to see movies there, at least the movies I'm interested in, is a different crowd so you don't really worry about distractions. It's quite nice. The last time I went to a chain theater to see a first release was a mid-week, afternoon showing of Top Gun: Maverick, right before it left the theater and I was the only one there. It was the best movie going experience ever.

Make a better place
Probably all kinds of movies I prefer to watch at home

I'd say especially Thrillers

The only genre I might prefer to watch in cinema with people is Action/Comedies

Oh yes, and of course huge budget highly anticipated movies, like Top Gun and World War Z

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watch all movies at home because I got tired of all the annoying distractions, so I stopped going to the theater a few years ago.

I usually watch action movies, especially the superhero movies, and comedies with Hubby, but I prefer to watch most other movies alone because Hubby has a tendency to talk during movies, and those are the only genres that his talking doesn't annoy me.

I go to lots of "live" movies, like in a real theater since we have several indi-foreign venues close by. Between those and the mainstream theaters, most of what is new is in a theater.

For that reason, downstairs in the home theater tends to be enjoyable junk, horror, sci-fi, really old movies, movies that are too offensive to show in a theater, etc, outsider stuff.

I watch all movies at home because I got tired of all the annoying distractions, so I stopped going to the theater a few years ago.

I usually watch action movies, especially the superhero movies, and comedies with Hubby, but I prefer to watch most other movies alone because Hubby has a tendency to talk during movies, and those are the only genres that his talking doesn't annoy me.
Same. Haven’t been to a theater in many years. Don’t miss it at all. Bad experiences in NYC with creepy men.

I’m not looking for company when I watch a movie.