YELLOWSTONE (Paramount Network)

Tools    

She’s 45 & playing 10 years younger. Her skin is like the skin of a 20 year old.

She’s been naked in the show. Now I want to see Luke Grimes naked. Guessing we won’t as it seems like only women have to undress.

Finished season 1. I don’t love the show, but I like it very much. Kinda nutty in certain arcs, but best not to overly-criticize.

Where are you in the show? Didn’t know you’re watching it too. Or forgot?
Ha. I did always love her looks. She does look great naked, though. I’m not really bi, but a girl can look. I wouldn’t mind a naked Luke Grimes either.

I’ve only started watching it recently and haven’t mentioned it. I’m only 5 episodes in. Found it as I was looking for something in the vein of Outer Range (that I’m not sure you’d enjoy, but I loved it).

I’ve only started watching it recently and haven’t mentioned it. I’m only 5 episodes in. Found it as I was looking for something in the vein of Outer Range (that I’m not sure you’d enjoy, but I loved it).
You did mention Outer Range & I did look it up. For one thing, it’s only on Prime, which I don’t have.

Can’t say I’m interested in a sci-fi neo-western. Cast is good though. Love Lili Taylor.

You did mention Outer Range & I did look it up. For one thing, it’s only on Prime, which I don’t have.

Can’t say I’m interested in a sci-fi neo-western. Cast is good though. Love Lili Taylor.
That’s what I thought, it’s not your cup of tea. Lili Taylor is great in it, steals the show from Brolin.

Dang! Already in season 3 of Yellowstone. Definitely grows on one. There’s never a dull moment in the Dutton family.

My wife and I gave the first episode about 15 minutes. We thought it looked horrible.
I think you would like the show. I have zero interest in Westerns, but the family does grow on one. It’s a slow burn, but gets mighty heated as time goes on.

I think you would like the show. I have zero interest in Westerns, but the family does grow on one. It’s a slow burn, but gets mighty heated as time goes on.
It seems like it's not on Prime or Netflix

It seems like it's not on Prime or Netflix
I have it on dvd. It’s from Paramount, but, apparently, only streaming on Peacock.

Dang! Already in season 3 of Yellowstone. Definitely grows on one. There’s never a dull moment in the Dutton family.
Yup, very addictive. I watched it today from my hotel on a conference call! Simply couldn’t stop. nodded along to the call etc.

Just finished it. Good stuff. Certainly gets better as it progresses. Can’t wait for the next season. Weird as I’m generally not a westerns person, but then it seems that so many shows now incorporate the genre in one way or another.

Just finished it. Good stuff. Certainly gets better as it progresses. Can’t wait for the next season. Weird as I’m generally not a westerns person, but then it seems that so many shows now incorporate the genre in one way or another.
You think a lot of shows incorporate the Westerns theme? I can’t think of an example, but they may all have gone over my head.

I’m on season 4 now. Some of the arcs are highly improbable & Beth’s character is becoming nuttier by the minute. It seems that the creator Taylor Sheridan just throws in every plot point he can think of. I bet coming up Kayce is gonna connect with Avery. (Wish it was me. )

WARNING: spoilers below
Jimmy masturbating the horse was too priceless for words. A most remarkable scene in a show with a million scenes.

Will definitely watch season 5, but, for sure, won’t be re-watching this show.

You think a lot of shows incorporate the Westerns theme? I can’t think of an example, but they may all have gone over my head.

I’m on season 4 now. Some of the arcs are highly improbable & Beth’s character is becoming nuttier by the minute. It seems that the creator Taylor Sheridan just throws in every plot point he can think of. I bet coming up Kayce is gonna connect with Avery. (Wish it was me. )

Jimmy masturbating the horse was too priceless for words. A most remarkable scene in a show with a million scenes.

Will definitely watch season 5, but, for sure, won’t be re-watching this show.
I agree with most of this: don’t think I’ll be rewatching it, either. I really liked Beth. The nuttier she got, the more I liked her. Liked her arc with Rip, everything. She was very well written imo and I rooted for her all the way, which I rarely do for the so-called “strong female characters”.

I do think some of it is obviously very improbable, but I don’t necessarily mind; if anything, I find some arcs a bit cliché, especially
Jamie being the black sheep - why is it always the adopted child that’s evil? People like my mother would say “that’s true to life”, but in terms of storytelling, it’s a bit too in your face, I feel.

And yes, the
horse
, well, je n’ai pas de mots. I wasn’t a massive fan of the Jimmy arc on the whole, but that made it all worth it.

Re: western theme, maybe I just notice it more than other things, but I felt Godless, Outer Range, Deadwood, even Breaking Bad, for that matter, all more or less fit the bill.

I agree with most of this: don’t think I’ll be rewatching it, either. I really liked Beth. The nuttier she got, the more I liked her. Liked her arc with Rip, everything. She was very well written imo and I rooted for her all the way, which I rarely do for the so-called “strong female characters”.

I do think some of it is obviously very improbable, but I don’t necessarily mind; if anything, I find some arcs a bit cliché, especially
Jamie being the black sheep - why is it always the adopted child that’s evil? People like my mother would say “that’s true to life”, but in terms of storytelling, it’s a bit too in your face, I feel.

And yes, the
horse
, well, je n’ai pas de mots. I wasn’t a massive fan of the Jimmy arc on the whole, but that made it all worth it.

Re: western theme, maybe I just notice it more than other things, but I felt Godless, Outer Range, Deadwood, even Breaking Bad, for that matter, all more or less fit the bill.
I didn’t know this about adopted children in tv & movies. Only two adopted people I have known were both unhappy as they didn’t know where they’d come from.

Jefferson White who plays Jimmy has found himself the rôle of a lifetime IMO. He really knows how to take advantage of the camera. He’s also hilarious in the extras, most of which are more interesting that most extras I’ve come across.

Deadwood of course is a Western. Haven’t seen Outer Range or Godless. Western themes in Breaking Bad? Didn’t see them, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

Finished season 4. Terrific show, no question.

Season 5 apparently will air November 13, but split into two parts. So I have it all so far on dvd which means a two-part season 5 will not appear on dvd until late next year I guestimate. This is definitely the last tv show I will buy on dvd.

@AgrippinaX, how did you view this show in England? Did you stream it someplace?

Finished season 4. Terrific show, no question.

Season 5 apparently will air November 13, but split into two parts. So I have it all so far on dvd which means a two-part season 5 will not appear on dvd until late next year I guestimate. This is definitely the last tv show I will buy on dvd.

@AgrippinaX, how did you view this show in England? Did you stream it someplace?
I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your post above - I must be losing it, I actually have a distinct memory of typing out a response. Not sure what happened there. Anyway, I wasn’t making any weird truth claims about adopted children. What I meant is that in film/TV there is a tendency to make them default baddies (the Marvel Loki, Omen’s Damien, there are lots more, but whatever happened to the post that I’d typed up, I can’t off the top of my head remember them all). Re: Breaking Bad, I’ve seen it described as a neo-Western, and to me there are many themes in it that fit a Western. The idea of the desert/space in S1/final season especially as being the backdrop for everything. But it’s not really a super-interesting debate to get into.

Season 1-2 (?) I think were on Prime and then I did like it enough to keep streaming… elsewhere not so legally. This belongs in the streaming discussion, but you know, I would have willingly paid for it as much as was asked, but couldn’t find it anywhere so went the pirate route. I do think back to it. Certain aspects are almost like an Americanised version of Wüthering Heights, which cracks me up somewhat. But yeah, I really did like it. Really looking forward to season 5.

Certain aspects are almost like an Americanised version of Wüthering Heights, which cracks me up somewhat.
I would say How very bizarre, but, then, I’ve never been able to get far at all in this book.

Strange coincidence: This morning I emailed my middle bro in England a list of tv shows I’m watching, which list included Yellowstone. He just emailed me that he & his wife started watching the show last night before he even received my email. Strange. He’s enjoying it very much so far.

I'm at season 3.. loving it so far.. thought Jimmy's girlfriend looked cute so I looked her up. Turns out she's Josh Brolin daughter, Eden Brolin..

She sure is.

Strange coincidence: This morning I emailed my middle bro in England a list of tv shows I’m watching, which list included Yellowstone. He just emailed me that he & his wife started watching the show last night before he even received my email. Strange. He’s enjoying it very much so far.
I love it though I have unfortunately found a plot hole.

I love it though I have unfortunately found a plot hole.
LOL. My bro Nigel says there’s no plot whatsoever!!

Tell me your plot hole in spoiler parens please.