DVD Wish List

Tools    

I hope this thread gets a ton of responses because it will make a difference. What movies do you want on DVD that aren't available yet? Don't be shy with this one folks. This info will help me get new titles pushed through the red tape...like the Indiana Jones Trilogy, the Die Hard trilogy in DTS, the Godfather Collection, the Star Wars flicks, Forrest Gump...etc. List every movie you can think of and the right people will hear about it. Thanks a lot

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I want to see every episode of Seinfled on DVD(s). That is by far what I want most. Same with the Simpsons. But those aren't movies. I'm not sure what movies I want on DVD, that aren't already. Freaks would be one. Umm... Four Rooms. The People Under the Stairs...Indiana Jones, Forrest Gump, Diehard for sure. I can't think of much else. But Seinfeld would be awesome.

OHHH and Twilight Zone episodes!!

If there's a way to get some Television shows on there, "The Simpsons" would be great.

- Forrest Gump
- Indiana Jones (all 3)
- Star Wars (one set of all 3, and one with all 4! )
- Definitely the Die Hard Movies.
- Some Disney Movies! Yeah, you heard me.
- Some of the Star Trek (The Next Generation) flicks.

That's all that comes to mind right now. I think I originally underestimated your position in the DVD market, Laurie. I originally thought you were the type to answer the DVD support line and provide tech support - are you higher up than that?

Die Hard Trilogy, Twilight Zone episodes, and a lot of Disney animated films are already on the market, everything else will get added to the list. Die Hard Trilogy in DTS sound format has to be added or I'll be upset...

I literally handle just about everything DVD related from tech to marketing to the companys DVD website. I've been promoted several times in the last 4 years and am now in charge of DVDs for tech questions, product suggestions and requests, and product formating and encoding info. Plus, I'm the direct link from my division to the heads of the 'Motherships' that own and operate my company. LOL. Kind of confusing, huh...lol...but sheer heaven for this movie buff.

Wow, I'm sickingly impressed. And for some weird reason you can't reveal what company you work for? We all understand I'm sure, just confuses me a tad.

"Mothership" - hehe. I like that.

I like the Seinfeld idea. Is there actually a DVD collection of episodes for Seinfeld out yet? Hope there is.

No Seinfeld on DVD yet, but keep a look out for mid 2001...hint, hint.

Unfortunately, I can't say who I work for because I don't know who is on this board and who may come here. I want to be able to tell you things that no one else will know until it actually happens, so if I give away the company, I give away my job. I'd love to say who it is and the two companies that own us, but I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than lose my job...lol.

If you ever need someone to "test out" these DVDs. I'm here, and never have anything to do. Just kidding.

I didn't know the Twilight Zone episodes were out. I'm gonna have to go look into that.

More MST3K episodes on DVD. There are a good many available on tape that haven't been put on DVD as of yet. And I would certainly buy The Complete Simpson DVD Collection if it was ever available. I have pretty much every episode on tape, but the tapes wear out because I watch them so often. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for The Simpsons to be available on DVD.

I'm often surprised to see how many movies are already on DVD. Who'd have thought that movies like "They Live!" would be readily available on the DVD format. It's hard for me to think of any films that aren't already on DVD (except the obvious ones like Star Wars that have been mentioned already).

I vote for Phantom Menace. Yes, I know I didn't like it but I want to see all the cool backgrounds and special effects again. I also vote for War of the Worlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still and any giant insect movies. The Thing with Kurt Russel or the original.

I'd love to see The Simpsons on DVD. Anybody remember Thundercats? I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Also, the North and South mini-series...all of them...lol.

The Star Wars flicks are coming sooner than originally thought because Lucasfilm has been swamped with requests for them. George Lucas has said that he is currently working on the DVDs and that they will be spectacular.
Woo-hoo!!!!

The older classic sci-fi flicks are starting to get a push now too...like The Time Machine and others.

How do y'all feel about animated movies?

There arn't really any animated movies that I like. Except Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and thats half and half. That would make a cool DVD, with the proper features.

Families might like animated DVDs though. They had have to have simple menus though. Especially if the movie is aimed at kids.

True. I've been getting alot of movie requests at work for DVDs that have ABC's and 123's stuff incorporated into menus. Some kids discs already have simple trivia games...like Disney's Tarzan and others.

How about classics and musicals? I'm hoping for Fred and Ginger flicks soon.

The only musical I like is "The Music Man", and it is available on DVD already. (I don't own a copy, though. I have to put that one on my list).

Music Man was great. My favs are Guys and Dolls, Camelot, and A Chorus Line. I wish MGM would release all of their classic musicals to DVD. I'd also like more Rodgers and Hammerstein flicks.

I personally hate musicals. I mean HATE musicals. I can not stand them. They are so boring. Maybe thats just because I'm a teenager.

I'm a teenager - and I'm divided. Disney musicals are okay. I can stand some of the classics - "My Fair Lady" is one of my favorite movies, and probably always will be, despite the sappy nature of it at times.

My father is 86 years old, so I was raised with them...lol. I've always loved musicals, old classics, and Fred and Ginger. But it's all good...it'll give me a topic for my shrink when I'm 30...lol.

Didn't see it.
It Started With Eve

Little update for everybody. I had meetings this week with Warner Brothers, Universal, Columbia, and other studios and gave them the wish list that everyone here has been posting...at least the titles that those individual studios have the rights to. Good news. Every studio is working on a major push for classics, animated films, TV series, and old sci-fi flicks. I pushed hard on TV series and pointed out that internet fan sites would pounce all over there favorite shows on DVD especially if the disc features behind-the-scenes and cast interviews.

I've got meetings next week with 20th Century Fox, so I'll be able to pitch ideas for The Simpsons and M*A*S*H especially as well as others. As well as finding out the status of the Star Wars movies. I'll also be talking to Paramount about all the Star Trek films to be packaged as a set and possible release dates for Next Generation, DS9, and Voyager to DVD.

If anyone has more titles, let me know. The more I can give them, the better.