Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Good,Bad,Ugly was one of my first films that I saw when I really got interested in films and I liked it.I especially love the duel scene - so actionless yet so suspenseful.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Guys, there's a better western that you should be talking about directly below the one you're talking about now!

David O Russell is obviously a very good director. He especially seems to be an actors director, able to get the very best performance out of his cast. And when he has an A list cast, that means A list performances. Christian Bales, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, Robert De Niro, and the lovely Jennifer Lawrence are all in top form. And probably going to be more then a few Oscar nods to follow. In addition to the cast, the cinematography is top notch. Very well shot, very nice camera movements, and captures the feel of the 70's.

The story on the other hand... it is good. Nothing great, but good. And that missing cog separates this from something along the lines of say Goodfellas, which is a classic and one of many Scorsese masterpieces. Maybe it is just me, I admit I am not a big David O Russell guy, and I did not care for Silver Lining Playbook. Another great cast and great performances, but not a fan. This, however, is certainly an upgrade from that movie.

I will admit I went in seeing this movie mostly because of the critical buzz and cast. Given what I saw from the trailers, I was not all that enthusiastic. But I do not regret seeing it. Bottom line: Good, but not great.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) -

A Christmas Story (1983) -

Gremlins (1984) -

+

Really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would as fans of the trilogy seem to like it least, I honestly think it was the best of the three.

Guys, there's a better western that you should be talking about directly below the one you're talking about now!
I haven't watched it but the probability that someday I will like another western more than The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is rapidly approaching zero.

I dunno if any of you have ever heard of the two movies I'm about to rate.. However, if you've seen them and don't like them.. don't burst my bubble XD - NO SPOILERS

1) Unconditional - 5/5 - I may lose my "man card" on this one, but that's okay cause this movie was fantastic. I am not easily emotionally moved by movies, but this one was a true tearjerker. Not a sappy love story, not an action-packed thriller. Based on a true story, would recommend this one to anyone.

2) Warrior - 5/5 - I may earn that "man card" back with this one. I was very shocked to see a UFC movie have 4.5 stars on Netflix, so I gave it a go. Little did I know I would love every single minute of it. Good, clean, raw energy is served up on a platter here. Not a single famous actor is in this movie and yet every actor does a superb job. A MUST see.

Both films make it into my top 10 - top 5 even - and I hope some of you enjoyed these movies too.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Wizard of Oz is absolutely stunning from a visual standpoint. The sets,costumes,detail, and the lush,vivid technicolor makes the film come to life. I honestly am usually not impressed with CGI and current sfx cause you can tell it's not the real thing.This film is timeless, due to how well realized the world is.It's beautiful. The story is okay,and it works but what really draws you in is how simple it all is.A young girl wanting to escape from her boring life and go someplace new and adventurous.I don't love the film but it's at least a
.It's a classic

Unregistered User
Unfortunately i didnt get round to watching The Conversation so i watched these instead.

If.... - 7/10

The Pledge - 7/10

Halloween 2 (1981) - 7/10

Porco Rosso - 8/10

"The Place beyond the Pines". I'm a bit blown away with this movie. No idea it was going to be so good. Derek Cianfrance is some talented guy.

The whole interwoven dynamic and dysfunctional family rhetoric is done very well.

9/10

1) Unconditional - 5/5 - I may lose my "man card" on this one, but that's okay cause this movie was fantastic. I am not easily emotionally moved by movies, but this one was a true tearjerker. Not a sappy love story, not an action-packed thriller. Based on a true story, would recommend this one to anyone.

2) Warrior - 5/5 - I may earn that "man card" back with this one. I was very shocked to see a UFC movie have 4.5 stars on Netflix, so I gave it a go. Little did I know I would love every single minute of it. Good, clean, raw energy is served up on a platter here. Not a single famous actor is in this movie and yet every actor does a superb job. A MUST see.

Both films make it into my top 10 - top 5 even - and I hope some of you enjoyed these movies too.
I lost my man card watching Warrior; I loved it and was teary eyed the whole time. I wouldn't say there's no famous actors in it though; Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are great and pretty famous.

I never heard of Unconditional before but just looked it up. It looks good so I put it on my to see list.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I was lucky enough to catch The Sound of Music as it was starting on tv last night. It's probably my favorite "classic" musical, probably because it focusses far more on singing than on dancing and is a lot more complex of a story than most other musicals of this period. The chase scene at the end is far more tense than I would have otherwise guessed this genre capable of. 8.5/10

I lost my man card watching Warrior; I loved it and was teary eyed the whole time. I wouldn't say there's no famous actors in it though; Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are great and pretty famous.

I never heard of Unconditional before but just looked it up. It looks good so I put it on my to see list.
Oh okay. I had never seen them before. Loved their performances though, Warrior is a fantastic movie.