Phones can fold and stuff now

Tools    

That’s freaking awesome. Price isn’t though.

But that’s what I could really use. I like big screens but not for everything. And I want a tablet but not really want to carry it around. Getting two in one like this is great. I will probably get something like this when it gets affordable in the near future.

Yeah, it could work. I'm just asking myself if I might want if ASSUMING the price gets cut in half and the folded version gets thinner (and the outside screen bigger/better). I think I could see that being good after the economy of scale kicks in, if it does well enough initially.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I thought it was gonna be fold in half phone, as in make it smaller

I thought this was going to be a thread about flip phones from round about 2002 that got bumped years later for whatever reason.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just love how the phone keeps evolving. First they were big, cumbersome, and sported huge antennas. Then they gradually got tinier and tinier, to the point where they fit into any pocket but were horrible to actually use. Then they got bigger again and sported little keyboards.

Then they got smaller because they folded closed. Then smartphones with touchscreens came out, and they split into two camps: small ones (like my husband has) and larger ones (like I have). I think the camps exist because some folks see them as phone that do some internet stuff in a pinch and other folks see them as tablets that coincidentally can make phone calls.

This seems like the tablet idea taken a step further. At some point I do wonder if the small phone is just going to wither and die. Or are people going to keep second phones to carry around just as phone/texters in a pinch?

Meanwhile, I stand back and still have trouble with paying as much for my smartphone as I paid for my first car.

Meanwhile, I stand back and still have trouble with paying as much for my smartphone as I paid for my first car.
I never realised Model T Fords were that expensive when they came out

*runs and hides

Heyyyy... I'm not THAT old.
My bad, I just looked them up - I thought they came out in 1967

SOWWWYYYYYYY!!!

(I'm not gonna believe a single word that feller Steve that co-runs the site tells me anymore.)

The Adventure Starts Here!
My bad, I just looked them up - I thought they came out in 1967

SOWWWYYYYYYY!!!

(I'm not gonna believe a single word that feller Steve that co-runs the site tells me anymore.)
Nice try!

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Valiant, olive green, which I bought in 1980 for $300.