Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

I usually have a good feeling on the Pats but not today. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a close or convincing win by either team.

I turned off the game when there was 6:30 left in the 2nd quarter. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Isnt San Diegos defense normally better than this?

I turned off the game when there was 6:30 left in the 2nd quarter. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Isnt San Diegos defense normally better than this?
Supposedly

Eh, decent by the really broad stats like yards and points, but their strengths and weaknesses don't match up particularly well. They don't blitz, and getting pressure on Brady is key. Similarly, they like zone, but Brady's better against zone, especially at this age. They should be bringing extra guys and daring Brady to beat them deep. It's kinda nuts that they kept going with their seven-defensive-back set given all that, especially when one of their safeties went down.

One would assume they'd toss that out at halftime, but it doesn't matter when it's already dug a hole this deep.

I like how PW just now repped me for this, with Philly up 14-0.

My uncle's a big Saints fan and I like Brees, but it's hard not to root for Philly. What a story.

40 playoff games for Belichik now. There's a pretty long list of guys who never even coached 40 games much less made the playoffs. Even if Brady were to lose the Superbowl this year it would give you pause to think of just how many times he's been there. Crazy run these guys have had. Probably gonna happen too. KC will be favored but not by much. They have everything to lose and the Pats got all this experience. Why would a Saints/Patriots game be bad? I think that's the best the NFL has to offer. The Philly story is pretty great too tho, we'll see if it lasts.

So, with the five teams left, every matchup combination has interesting storylines, particularly with the two young QBs and two old ones possibly in their last hurrah. Those all work, and Foles works with any of them.

I think it'd be hard to top Rams-Chiefs given their last meeting, though. I wanna see that over-under.

Re: KC. Yeah, it's been years since I tried to guess lines with any seriousness, but what's that gonna be? KC -1, maybe? Something close enough that home field is assumed to make the difference.

Just checked after posting that, one place is opening KC -3. Still within that home field range, but obviously a little higher than I'd have guessed.

Watching the Eagles game myself. Not a massive NFL fan but I do like it and try and watch it when I can. Started watching it properly last year and supported them purely because of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so it was amazing to see them win the superbowl. Missed the beginning of this season but watched the last few games and it's been great fun again

7:31 left in 3rd qtr
Eagles 14
Saints 10
And the Saints just lost a touchdown to a penalty. Momentum definitely seems to be going New Orleans way though.

From midway through the season, even before the 54-51 Monday Night video game, everything seemed to be pointing to a Rams vs. Chiefs Super Bowl. The second halves of each of their seasons after that crazy game were less juggernauty, but they still seem like the most dynamic and interesting two squads in the game. Also from the about the mid-point of the season it looked as though the only two contenders to really knock either of those teams off their respective perches were the Saints and the Patriots, save some incredible post-season defensive runs by the likes of a Bears or Ravens team. And alas, here we are, as scripted. No surprises.

I'd still like to see the Rams and Chiefs again, even if I would definitely take the under on another 100 points in the Super Bowl rematch. But if the Patriots do get past Kansas City it would at least be fun to root for New England to lose in back-to-back Super Bowls. If it winds up being New Orleans and New England, I like most of the country would be rooting for Brees to triumph one more time and put a little chink in the Patriots legacy.

But here's to the script continuing to play out and we get the Rams and Chiefs.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It feels like a chunk of you think the Rams are gonna have an easier time knocking off the Saints on the road then the Pats would in KC. I feel the opposite. West coast teams have staggeringly bad records going east but I get why they are kinda a chic pick. Gonna be a tough game for the Rams tho. Drew Brees is winning the Superbowl this year. "Mark it Dude."

KC on the other hand is gonna have all sorts of problems with the Pats. I know a bunch of you can't stand the Pats and that's fine but ya gotta respect what they've done. There once was a time not too terribly long ago when the Pats were the absolute worst team in the league and then they went to a Superbowl and played one of the greatest Teams in NFL history and lost in a rout. Ever since that day I've been watching them and I respect what their franchise has done. It took Seattle A LOT longer than the Pats to get there. Fans are nuts tho. And if the Pats really do lose 2 Superbowls in a row then I know fans will say they all failed... again! But not me. Not me. Hat's off to your team and how you mange to get here year after year.

A system of cells interlinked
Sill picking the Pats here, but I think Holden probably has it right in his forecast. I also agree that in this season more than others, there have been pretty much no surprises.