Politically Correct IDIOTS (Steve Martin/Carrie Fisher tweet)

Tools    

The people who are offended are not even the person he was talking about. It was a very innocent tweet. Is it better that everyone is ultra-careful about what they say, just because they may offend someone? It was really Martin's problem that some people were bothered by it?
Nah, i'm with you it wasn't offensive at all, i said that already. I was talking about the premise/thread title and following horrible posts equating this incident to the whole idea of political correctness.

I really don't care as much as i'd imagine you think i do; i just think this is a horrible thread.

i just think this is a horrible thread.
It's a horrible thread because when did TONGO start thinking he knows a lot about being politically incorrect? As I said in my twitter.com/RealSexyCelebrity thread, a month ago he would have applauded those people for telling Steve Martin to delete his tweet. He would have compared Steve Martin to Donald Trump. Probably would have called him a misogynist.

Sexy Celebrity & Gatsby
President & Vice President of Movie Forums 2017
VOTE for Us and STOP the Bullsh*t.

It is something that is very common now, and I think a lot of it boils down to a gang mentality on social media. There's so many miserable people out there.

Let the night air cool you off
By the way, my post in this thread was just about the tweet and people being upset about the tweet. I didn't actually read the original post.

I will say that posts like this make me uncomfortable though.

well its easy to miss the "good ol days" when youre a white middle aged man though horrible stuff when you actually have to have some consideration for others
It seems counterproductive to refer to someone's race or sex as a way to define them, their feelings, or their actions. It's also lazy. Is it just because he's a white male that he feels that way? Or is it something else? I am sure there are many white males who don't think like him. So why just point out his race or sex and just say that's why he feels that way?

By the way, my post in this thread was just about the tweet and people being upset about the tweet. I didn't actually read the original post.

I will say that posts like this make me uncomfortable though.

It seems counterproductive to refer to someone's race or sex as a way to define them, their feelings, or their actions. It's also lazy. Is it just because he's a white male that he feels that way? Or is it something else? I am sure there are many white males who don't think like him. So why just point out his race or sex and just say that's why he feels that way?
Yep, I hear women say it just as much as men, and race has nothing to do with it at all.

bc someone who is opposed to the idea of PC,and is male and is white,it is most likely...because its a male who is white.
whyyyy? probably because they dont have to deal with the issues why PC is requiered.

bc someone who is opposed to the idea of PC,and is male and is white,it is most likely...because its a male who is white.
whyyyy? probably because they dont have to deal with the issues why PC is requiered.
What issues would those be?

Welcome to the human race...
It's a privilege thing, really. The implied reason why white males would want things to go back to the "good old days" is to reclaim the sort of power and status that they feel has been lost because they've had to accommodate people who are different to them (non-white, non-male, etc.).

Yeah. The only people who seem to oppose PC (whatever that means) consistently are straight white males often older; i don't think that is a weird or wrong observation,

It's a privilege thing, really. The implied reason why white males would want things to go back to the "good old days" is to reclaim the sort of power and status that they feel has been lost because they've had to accommodate people who are different to them (non-white, non-male, etc.).
I think it's just an age thing, at least based on my experiences.

Let the night air cool you off
Maybe it's because I am a white male, but I am uncomfortable when someone judges someone and assumes they are a certain way because of their race (or gender)

Only white men are racist and sexist? What world are you living in?
Every race and gender is racist and sexist i've just personally encountered opposition to the idea that people shouldn't be racist or sexist more from white males; think it is evident why.

Must be bedtime; I don't even understand the last two posts.
I was saying that some non-whites are racist, and some women are sexist as well but the only people that seem to get personally offended in my experience are white men who are effected by neither. This thread has became more horrible though (somehow) and it was mainly my fault so sorry, haha.

I was saying that some non-whites are racist, and some women are sexist as well but the only people that seem to get personally offended in my experience are white men who are effected by neither. This thread has became more horrible though (somehow) and it was mainly my fault so sorry, haha.
Ok I got it. It seems to me though, that white men are more likely to get attacked for being politically incorrect, while women and minorities will often get a free pass.