I'm Leaving/I'm coming back

Tools    

Im sorry Eq. You can do much better. (And I've never considered myself vain before.)

Now, if she were drop dead gorgeous and you were really ugly (or very old), one could understand you accepting her dalliances with good nature, simply because you were so grateful for her attention, however transient it may be. However,

1) You arent old;
2) You arent ulgy (I assume); and
3) She's average.

I do not consider myself vain or unrealistic, nor do I know myself to have higher-than-normal-standards, look-wise. THIS is not a trophy woman - this is a woman one would be with because one loves her, or because she has clearly demonstrated moral decay (read: willing and ready to have sex, real soon. show me the money, baby!).

There is nothing wrong with liking, loving, or even marrying an average or unnattractive person. One would only hope they like/love you back!

Now before you rip my head off, understand that (1) I know a girl that dates a mob guy that is in his 60s. The man bought her a condo, a car, flies here hither and yon exotic location for etc., etc.

She is considered incredibly gorgeous in the circle I am currently in, and even when she was around I couldnt stand her company. I dont even find her flawless (she IS flawed in appearance), but she looks better than average or at least in the running with good looking people. She is incredibly vain, shallow, self-centered, selfish, petty and even viciously mean to others in observation and commentary. I avoided her presence, because I cant bear people who are pitilessly cruel to others, and without provocation.

I pity her. Why? Because she cries herself to sleep at night, and if you get her drunk enough - she is my age, likes guys our age, wants to have a family and a life, but that man owns her. Unless he dies, or finds a younger model, she's not going anywhere.

And now? Another nicer chick who I know, who is also a looker, albeit much kinder, is being propositioned by a 60 year old doctor and although she's been telling him NO for months, suddenly she is strongly considering just giving in for monetary reasons. It is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and I and some of the guys have been trying to talk sense to her - this is not a scenario you can escape unscathed!

Bottom line: its like my sainted old aunt says: old men know the younger woman will dally because they are old: they are buying the illusion of youth and vitality.

I imaging the same type of adage holds true for ulgy men, who are instead buying beauty.

If you (plural "you" to general audience!) are not old, nor ugly, what are you buying?

Originally Posted by mack
2) You arent ulgy (I assume); and
he's very hot and sexy! especially with his hat on! and he's a model in fact

Go gummo for the vote of confidence!

My ugly brother is a model and has been on TV, and my beautiful brother found god, and spends his time breaking the hearts of women he beats off with a stick. He's (now) saving himself for marriage, although he's no less vain.

I make no assertion that I am good looking (far from it! ), but I think I am beginning to realize that although I dont believe my standards are that high, I could be deceiving myself.

Im sure Eq is ultra-hot, and I say, DITCH the chick, and move on to the line of women waiting!

Ok, now I am back I have a few pictures of my holiday in Namibia, It is a lovely country with really nice people, It was unlike any other African holiday i have had. There were no animals to see, this was about the desert, which was beautiful and the fabulous changing colours. Oh i missed Brad and Ange

These first lot are of
1. Windhoek capital of Namibia
2. Landing at the mountain lodge
3. our luxurious hut
4. The view from out hut
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	leaving Windhook.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	5561   Click image for larger version

Name:	landing in Sossifeau.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	5562   Click image for larger version

Name:	view our hut.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	5563   Click image for larger version

Name:	veiw from room.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	5564  

welcome back

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
welcome back
Thanks Libby

This is the last lot of Namibia
1. Hot air ballooning
2. Having a champagne breakfast at the end of our Balloon flight
3. a view while ballooning.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	hot air balloning.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	5569   Click image for larger version

Name:	having breakfast.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	5570   Click image for larger version

Name:	view from ballon.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	5571  

Originally Posted by gummo
Wow nice pictures Nebs!!! Are you sure that was a hut and not a mini-mansion? lol
It was a mini-mansion, the bathroom was all glass, so you could look at the view while showering, I loved that.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
It was a mini-mansion, the bathroom was all glass, so you could look at the view while showering, I loved that.
I hope you didn't gather a crowd while showering!

Great piccies dearie.

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for a few days. I am going to Toronto, then to Niagara Falls. I will be back on Monday. I'll take lots of pictures!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I thought I'd mention..... I'm NOT going away. But I can't post much at all from work any more. They're Big Brothering us. I'll be around, though.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I've admitted to myself that I'm addicted to the internet. So you might expect to see me depriving myself for a while in an attempt to overcome. (If I can find anything better to do).

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for a few days. I am going to Toronto, then to Niagara Falls. I will be back on Monday. I'll take lots of pictures!
Have a great time love to see your pictures

Sure, mention the pictures here. I don't have to say all of that other crap again, do I!?!

*Have fun, and be safe.* shhhh It's the mother in me.