Uwe Boll directing the last Harry Potter movie!!

Tools    

Hey guys,

What director would you choose to direct one of the harry potter movies, and why, and which book!!? This could be fun!

I just wondered-I've always wondered if certain directors could've done the Harry Potter movies better, or differently, than the ones we got?
I'd love to hear your thoughts:

I'd love to have Peter Jackson for maybe Goblet of fire: and Michael Bay for Sorceror's stone! To bring explosions and crazy stereotypes to the movie wouldve been great! HOO HAA!

Why is the name of the thread "Uwe Boll directing the last Harry Potter Movie!!"? you don't even mention Boll in your post.
I don't think someone can say what a movie will be like with another director (not just the H.P. series) because another director would make a completely different movie.

That would be along the lines of asking what would the Mona Lisa be like if Picasso painted it.
(or what the Harry Potter books would've been like if they were written by Mary Shelley or some other writer)

Besides Micheal Bay directing a H.P. film would be almost as bad as Uwe Boll
But I will say I'd be interested to see what Guillermo Del Toro would do with the Harry Potter universe

For some reason, Alice Cooper's Schools Out just popped in my head....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

yea the uwe boll title was just to grab attention. haaaeelllll no to uwe. :-P

@Outbreak: and i agree with you, Guillermo Del Toro would be an interesting idea! you know, he was actually rumored at one point, did you know that? And at one point, he was actually genuinely interested in directing it, but whats interesting is he had turned down the series at the start. i remember he quoted saying it wasn't "his type of film" but this was all the way back when prisoner of azkaban was in pre-production.

Welcome to the human race...
I played this game once with another guy, except instead of Harry Potter it was Batman.

Anyway, ten directors I'd like to see play a hand in directing the Harry Potter movie (hell, make it an anthology and have each director make a tenth of the finished product!)

Stuart Gordon
Takashi Miike
David Cronenberg
David Lynch
The Coen brothers
Judd Apatow
Edgar Wright
James Cameron
Michael Mann
Quentin Tarantino

And if we get to include dead directors, let's throw in Stanley Kubrick...

John Carpenter: any of 'em.

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books. I think I saw the first film on TV one christmas a few years back, but I havent kept up to date with the series. So I really don't know what direction the series has taken. But, from my experience of the first movie. I would say for a movie that deal with witches and wizards (or warlocks as that nice lady from Jesus Camp puts it) it really isnt that dark. I know it's for kids but, blacken it up for god's sake! . You want the kids running out the theater screaming in terror do you not? Nightmares should come with these movies.

David Lynch or Cronenberg will do that for you and a movie directed by either of those two would be worth my time no matter what the content. Or, maybe just have David Lynch on screen for however many hours reading the book out loud. The guy's got a voice like no one I've ever heard I find it very soothing....

lol. i think david lynch would be too extreme. he'd probably find any excuse of doing something weird. like maybe for the polyjuice scenes, he'd make it so harry's hair falls out and his face starts to peel off and having him foam at the mouth, before new hair started growing and the person's face being recreated as who they want to be. you know?
heck, even cronenberg would find a reason to do that too. lol
Does anyone think that Steven Spielberg would've done a good job? cuz at one point, he wanted to direct it with Haley Joel Osment in mind to play harry(OMG SO GLAD THAT DIDNT HAPPEN) and he also wanted to move the story from britain to an american boarding school. That would've been infinitely bad. ok, nvm. i just answered my own question. Steven would've f*cked it up.

And whoever said, Tarantino, WHYYY? I like the guy, but his stuff is too off the wall and quirky, he couldn't make a straight movie like Harry Potter.

And whoever said, Tarantino, WHYYY? I like the guy, but his stuff is too off the wall and quirky, he couldn't make a straight movie like Harry Potter.
Because I was joking, that's why.

Just so you all know...David Yates, who directed 2007's Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will be directing the two-film adaptation of the last of the books, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Read here and on MoFo here.

it's implied you were joking, cuz you were mentioning dead directors too. this whole thread is hypothetical, so i'm just discussing hypothetically, if he had been considered, why he wouldn't be suitable.

and jrs, i knew DAvid Yates was on board for the last two. This was just a creative thinking thread

it's implied you were joking, cuz you were mentioning dead directors too. this whole thread is hypothetical, so i'm just discussing hypothetically, if he had been considered, why he wouldn't be suitable.
Yeah, I think most of my choices were half-joking - joking because these guys would never be allowed to do Potter films anyway (at least not without severely compromising the more distinctive areas of their filmmaking styles) and also kind of serious because I actually would be interested in seeing how they handled them.

While I'm at it, throw in Brian Yuzna.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Neg rep for misleading and ridiculous title, and not that great of a post.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201