mark f makes a seriously honest request

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, first of all, I don't think this will affect too much, but I hope that it does. I don't want anybody to give me any more + rep, at least until September. I have this feeling that this forum is the least examined, which is pretty weird becuase it's OUR Forum., but I'm posting this here first. The Rep I get is not fair, and I know that some of you think I post just to get rep, and you know what? Maybe you're right. Now, I don't want any - rep (if possible), but trust me, it won't matter to me. I'm going to keep posting the way I always do, and I'm going to hand out rep the way I always do. I just want NOBODY to give me any rep until September at the earliest, OK? I'll probably want to stretch this out until next year or even later, but just make sure you rep all the people you think that deserve it, except for me, because I already have way too much. I'm completely serious, so don't act like you know me better than I know me. I still want you to read my posts, but send me PMs and comments instead. That's how I'll know what you think. (I hope you could read to the end of this boring post.)

My life isn't written very well.
...wha?

I have this feeling that this forum is the least examined,
I don't get this statement...???

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Mark, you big goof ball. I really do love you though you know? You may feel like you don't deserve the rep you get at times and maybe you don't. I don't know. You do realize though, that you're about to hit 10,000 posts in what has got to be some kind of record and you probably should have closer to 10,000 rep points too.

However, if this is what you want I will do it. I may still zap you once in awhile though, its kind of a habit of mine as you already know full well.

The Rep I get is not fair,
Who says? Life isn't fair. You get +rep if you deserve it or if someone feels like hitting you up. You can't regulate how others feel about you or your thoughts. If this is what you want then of course I'll honor your request but I think your thinking is off on this one.

and I know that some of you think I post just to get rep, and you know what? Maybe you're right.
Bullsh*t to whoever thinks that. Your posts are among the best here which is why your rep points are high. I, for one, always appreciate your wisdom and insight so I certainly think you've gotten what you deserve in +rep (maybe even less than).

Personally, I'm for resetting all the rep points

This should be quite the challenge, especially considering the quality of your posts. I'll try but for example if you happen to watch The Decalogue one day and review it you're getting rep.

And R3port3r I think Mark is indicating that the "Movie Forums Site Stuff" is the least viewed section on the site, so he's unsure if many people will notice his request.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yeah, I love Marks posts, I appreciate them. I will honor your request though. Although I might be too lazy to PM you...I'll try.

Hey it is my +rep to give not yours to receive - yeah? Just saying.

Hello Mark.
I'll try to remember your request, but I have repped you because you warranted it.

Like everyone else, I'll probably refrain from giving you positive rep if you're sure you don't want it, but I hope you don't feel like you don't deserve it. Unless people are giving you rep for posts in the Quote of the Day thread. But your comments on movies are almost invariably insightful, and your political replies are usually, if nothing else, refreshingly level-headed. And as was pointed out above, you have a heck of a lot of posts in a relatively modest period of time; all good, valid reasons for you to have a lot of rep, in my opinion.

I'm giving Yoda rep for the above post because he's right.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Direct all rep points that were going to Mark f, to me.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK. Thank you all. You can still make direct comments in the posts. You don't have to keep your posts secret at all. Just make sure you acknowledge me somehow, good or bad. I like the acknowledgement.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I knew TUS was a rep whore.
HA, I was thinking the exact same thing before scrolling down and seeing your post. You know what they say about great minds...

OK. Thank you all. You can still make direct comments in the posts. You don't have to keep your posts secret at all. Just make sure you acknowledge me somehow, good or bad. I like the acknowledgement.
Mark, I don't quite understand your logic here, but I pictured you standing on a table holding a UNION sign, while reading your first post in this thread. Whatever your reasons, I'll be ready to start repping a lot of your posts come September 1st.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

OK, first of all, I don't think this will affect too much, but I hope that it does. I don't want anybody to give me any more + rep, at least until September. I have this feeling that this forum is the least examined, which is pretty weird becuase it's OUR Forum., but I'm posting this here first. The Rep I get is not fair, and I know that some of you think I post just to get rep, and you know what? Maybe you're right. Now, I don't want any - rep (if possible), but trust me, it won't matter to me. I'm going to keep posting the way I always do, and I'm going to hand out rep the way I always do. I just want NOBODY to give me any rep until September at the earliest, OK? I'll probably want to stretch this out until next year or even later, but just make sure you rep all the people you think that deserve it, except for me, because I already have way too much. I'm completely serious, so don't act like you know me better than I know me. I still want you to read my posts, but send me PMs and comments instead. That's how I'll know what you think. (I hope you could read to the end of this boring post.)
Jeeze, Mark, I was so impressed with your post that I just hadda give you a thumbs up!