Recommend me some Videogames

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
So now that it's summer i really need to get into a videogame but i hate buying them because their so expensive and i won't rent them because they're so expensive and i usually want to play them over and over again. But i am gonna buy one soon i just don't know what to get so here's what i like and based off that you guys should recommend me some good ones

God of War 1 and 2
Fable II
Kingdom Hearts
Crash Bandicoot and Spryo (childhood)
The Force Unleashed (was okay)

and i hate first person shooter games. I have an xbox 360 and a ps2

In the Beginning...
If you liked Fable and you want to play a game from now until next summer, then I highly recommend playing The Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion. It's the mack daddy of single-player fantasy roleplaying, and there's plenty o' stuff in the game to keep you busy.

I'd also like to recommend Mass Effect. It's a smart, involved RPG with simple action that doesn't eclipse the focus of the game, and like Oblivion, there's tons to see and do. You seem to like lengthy, engrossing RPGs, and I've listed two of the best on 360.

A system of cells interlinked
Oblivion, for sure.

If you don't like buying new games because the price, I would recommend you look at used games, they are usually in good condition, and mad cheap

All the following games are on the Xbox 360
you seem to like RPG games, so I would say get Fallout 3 and Oblivion for the 360 if you haven't played them yet... think Fable, but better (well not exactly like Fable, but still better imho ). They are good games for the summer, because they are so long, I have one account in Oblivion with over 150 hours clocked in on it, but I know some people who have pushed 300 hours :O

For a hacknslash 'buttonmasher' like GoW, try games like Ninja Gaiden, Too Human and Devil May Cry 4.
Not the most comprehensive list, but I'm planning a party right now, so I hope this all helps

Thanks guys! I borrowed Oblivion from a friend once and started playing it and didn't like it that much but probably because i was only about...20 minutes into it i should really give it another go. I thought it was super confusing the first time i played it but i never had a chance to look up some questions i had. I was just recently thinking about trying to play it again but i'd have to buy my own if you can play it for that long

and i was also thinking about checking out Devil May Cry 4

In the Beginning...
Yeah, I was going to say Too Human also. I haven't played it, but I heard it's great, particularly for God of War fans.

Also, the Lord of the Rings: Conquest isn't a particularly exceptional game, but if you're in the mood for a fun button-masher on a popular property, it wouldn't be a waste of a weekend.

In the Beginning...
Thanks guys! I borrowed Oblivion from a friend once and started playing it and didn't like it that much but probably because i was only about...20 minutes into it i should really give it another go. I thought it was super confusing the first time i played it but i never had a chance to look up some questions i had.
All completely understandable. The Elder Scrolls games are thick if you're not used to them, but you grow to understand them after putting a few hours in. It's just a matter of getting the pulse of the game, and then you're either hooked or you're not.

For that game, I'd even recommend buying the strategy guide as a companion. It would really help you get started, and everything you'd ever need explained is in there.

Originally Posted by KasperKristensen
Oblivion aint nothing like Fable 2.
I agree. It's better!

Yeah i was planning on using this website

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

if i ever got the game back which i never did but a strategy guide wouldn't be a bad idea...

and yeah i love button mashing games!

Do you play many games on the PC, Rice, if any at all? I have an XBox 360 too, and would also recommend Oblivion, but above all else I'd recommend Diablo and its sequel, Diablo 2, which are games for the PC. They were both released a few years ago so they're not new games, but if you've never checked them out, I'd recommend 'em, since you seem to love RPG's. They're my two favorites.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Rice if you like MMORPGs try Guild Wars. You can spend $30 to get one game or $50 to get all 3. Its a one time fee though, and NO recurring monthly fee whatsoever. Heard folks here play it too.

Ive been curious about Kingdom Hearts (Donald Duck is all that is pimp and strong!). Try Resident Evil 5. RE is still the only game that ever scared me, and if you havent tried survival horror then believe me its worth it.

I like Fable II, the customization is the best part. Oblivion is a whole different type of game, just too big for me though.

...uh the post is up there...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If you like the arcade games, give UNO Rush a try. I think it's 600 points on the 360. By the by, what's your gamertag?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Oblivion aint nothing like Fable 2. I hated oblivion but loved Fable.
Maybe your not a big enough nerd to love oblivion

The game is so big and so detailed its amazing, you can spend ours just walking around aimlessly or doing side quests. One of my faves.

The People's Republic of Clogher

and i hate first person shooter games.
Hooray!

First off, have you tried the DLC for Fable II? I've not long finished my second play through (this time with the DLC included) and I definitely enjoyed it a lot better than I did originally. Of course, that might have something to do with paying attention this time round and knowing how to do flourishes...

Fable I is on XBL Marketplace and, If you've not played it, it's pretty darned groovy. Very similar to the sequel.

If you like Kingdom Hearts then what about the Final Fantasy games for PS2? FFX is probably my favourite PS2 game but X-2 and XII are also decent. There's also Kingdom Hearts 2, of course.

Then there's PS2 stuff like Okami and Ico. Highly recommended but maybe a bit hard to find now.

Beware The Probe!
How can anyone hate first-person-shooters?
Time Shift being my favorite in recent years with Blacksite: Area-51 being a close second.

What about super-hero games?
Most of them tend to suck (believe me I know, I own most of the sucky ones) but I really enjoyed the mindless fun of Iron Man.
Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance (MUA2 is out soon) is favored by almost everyone I know but I actually enjoyed Justice League Heroes more.

Seems like you're more into the MMORPGs but I've never really gotten into them myself so I don't know much about them other than City of Heroes but that one's for PC not XBox or PS2.

And you can also download it from the Playstation Store for just £7.99. I've got it on my PS3 (which is handy because my original discs are getting towards a perilous condition) but I think it's also playable on PSP.

Metal Gear Solid is out next week apparently.

I need help haha, i borrowed Oblivion from my friend and i can't find the fighters guild and i need to earn some gold!

Easiest way is to fast travel to the Anvil main gate and it's the big building on the left (the one on the right is the Mages' Guild) straight in front of you. You can also join in Cheydinhal but that's tucked around a corner and hard to see if you're new to the game.