Happy 420 to All!

Tools    

... and to all a good night!

ok, so I might be a little late on this seeing as it is now April 22, so I am 2 days late. I guess it can be excused because I was quite 'spaced out' as it were.
So April 20th besides being Hitler's birthday, and 4 days before my birthday, is also the unofficial potsmokers, and stoner's day.
The origins of this magical day aren't exactly known. It is believed (by me atleast ) that a group of California kids would meet at 4:20 pm at a spot to smoke. (other 'theories' are it is because Bob Marley allegedly died April 20th, and the police code thing for marijuana smoking is a 4-20).

So did any of you do anything special on 420? (April 20th)...

I was going to spend the day outside, but it was raining something fierce up here so 5 if my best buddies and I just... erm... chilled in my friends garage for a few hours. Followed by convincing one of our friends to spend like 50 dollars worth of pizza (which he ended up doing!) So we ate like kings at a feast. Later that night after more "quality time" spent in the garage, we went to the LCBO and stocked up on drinks. (which was why I couldn't make this thread ON 420, and the next day I spent the whole day writing an essay, so I guess today wll have to do)
suffice to say it was a fun day, one I plan on remembering for a while (atleast until next 420, where Ill smoke so much I'd likely forget )

I can't think of anything more hysterical and appropriate than someone starting a thread for 4/20 two days late.
*starts singing Afro-man's Because I got High*

so apt, though. i just like your signature outbreak. very charming.

Have you heard this Dylan song before? 12 x 35 = ???

Just another piece of the 420 mystery. But it was released five years before those kids in Cali started meeting at that time of day to get stoned. And Bob Marley died May 11, 1981.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

And then there's this excerpt from H.P. Lovecraft's short story titled "In the Walls of Eryx" (1939), a story of a prospector on the planet Venus:

I had encountered at least one of those curious mirage-plants about which so many of our men told stories. Anderson had warned me of them, and described their appearance very closely—the shaggy stalk, the spiky leaves, and the mottled blossoms whose gaseous dream-breeding exhalations penetrate every existing make of mask...Although everything was spinning perilously, I tried to start in the right direction and hack my way ahead. My route must have been far from straight, for it seemed hours before I was free of the mirage-plant's pervasive influence. Gradually the dancing lights began to disappear, and the shimmering spectral scenery began to assume the aspect of solidity. When I did get wholly clear I looked at my watch and was astonished to find that the time was only 4:20. Though eternities had seemed to pass, the whole experience could have consumed little more than a half-hour.

(probably its origin)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
As Yoda said, it is hilarious that you started the thread 2 days late, very awesome

Great idea for a thread, even if it is late.

I didn't smoke, however. I'm lame. Some might say I'm cool. I dunno how I feel. Indifferent.

thanks mack... i can be quite the charmer, if I wish to
It's a quote my g/f gave to me a few months before she became a complete bitch
but it is actually a quote from poet, author, artist, etc Khalil Gibran

Harry, I've actually never heard either of those theories... The bob dylan one is really interesting, and the HP lovecraft is quite 'uncanny' as well...
I was pretty positive Bob Marley didn't die on 420, I was just too lazy to search up when he did

thanks Sexy, and not smoking doesn't make you lame... I know plenty of exciting/ interesting/ cool people who have never smoked, or stopped smoking, or what have you... present company included

Well it was yesterday but HAPPY 420 YALL!!!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Originally Posted by CaptHowdy
Well it was yesterday but HAPPY 420 YALL!!!!
I hope this is just a lame joke.

lol well i don't think anyone doubts that i smoke pot now... i am an idiot!!

hey, don't feel stupid howdy, i had to look at a calendar myself.