God of War

Tools    

So with Video game and comic book movies becoming all the rage, it wouldn't be a surprise that the popular video game God of War be turned into a movie. Universal has recently announced that this movie will be coming out in the near future and will be directed by Brett Ratner

I am WAAAYYYYY too lazy to type out a description of the story so if you really want to, you can read it here

no word yet on who will be playing Kratos or any other roles

SOURCE:
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/s...stnews;title;2

reservoir dogs circa 1881
I only ever played the first god of war so i have a little idea on the story i think its about time we had a god theme film i hear a remake of clash of the titans is already in the pipeline.I cant think of any great game to film conversion although visually silent hills the closest ive seen probabily because they have so rich stories to tell yet they keep giving them to directors like brett ratner or mcg.I daresay kratos will give some wrestler trying to break into acting an opportunity

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the games and hope this will live up to the games hype.

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
The God of War games were great and could have the potential to be great movies depending on who is acting in it. I'm tired of these wrestling goons breaking into the film industry and completely sucking at it. My wife recommends Vin Diesel for the part but I don't think its for his acting skills.

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
I don't think The Rock has the skill for a serious role like Kratos would have to be. He's decent in a kind of comedy-action role but he's too mechanical when trying to be serious.

The only trouble with the this film would be the casting...

I still can't think of an actor who could play Kratos.

Tom Hardy is not bad, but he isn't tall enough.
Goldberg would have been cool.. But casting Wrestlers will make this similar to Scorpion King.

The game practically is a movie, nevertheless I'll be interested in the casting. Still, Hollywood has never ever done Greek myths well, so maybe they can do something decent off something that already has scenes

Not to mention randy couture and stonecold austin actually made it in the expendables. I find the Rock better in comedy roles. To be honestly, they can just make a huge 3D animated movie based on the CGIs of the game (disney style), probably cheaper that way than to hire actors too.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

You know who would be dope as the Ghost of Sparta? TERRY CREWS. Most of the film he would be in whiteface which would be an added element to it all.

When I was playing GOW, my wife suggested to me that Kratos looked like any number of white kids who hang out at the local university (shaved head/ goatee) and she is right. Yes, it is the ashes of his burnt family clinging to his skin, but you get a guy like Terry Crews in there and POW that argument is dusted. (pun intended).

Already mentioned this in another thread..

Terry Crews outranked everyone on the set and I think he knows it. I see big things for that dude (like I said in a diff thread, TERRY CREWS for KRATOS).
Crews was IMO the weakest character in the film (Expendables)...
Have seen him do really well in many other films... but this was his worst role... he was just wasted in the film...

& Crews for Kratos??... No way!!... Kratos deserves someone with more rage & screen presence..
If Crews ends up as a lead in any movie, I might just end up falling asleep.

Yes, it is in that other thread, and I want to agree with MovieFan87 on the Vin Deisel aspect of this discussion. I just don't think he has the chops.

So who has the body and the skills? I really think Crews can pull it off if he is given a chance. You know who else could do it? Michael Jai White. BLACK DYNAMITE HIMSELF.

Kratos requires more than some actor hitting the irons for a few minutes before camera time (like Robert Downey Junior). Kratos requires a man who is completed JACKED going into it. That keeps the field relatively thin. Not only should he be JACKED but he needs to be able to ACT.

Maybe Franky G could do it too. He has the brawn and some acting chops. Plus his face seems chiseled correctly for Kratos as well.

Yeah. He has a dirty accent. But if he can really act, he can drop it.
I noticed him again when I watched WONDERLAND a little bit ago. He conveys the rage in SAW 2. I just got my hands on THE DEVIL'S TOMB which he has a prominent role in (I hear). He was also pretty solid in THE ITALIAN JOB. However, I am not his agent or anything. Just speculating. Been watching this kid work for awhile now.

God of War may be good if it is shot and put together like 300

i think if they made a God of War movie they should star Vin Diesel. He's the closest person I can think of that would fit the role just right. he's got the look for the part