Your favourite villain death scene.

Tools    

This was not a boating accident
Hi guys/girls. Sometimes in film you get a particually nasty bad guy who only meets his maker with the slightest of wimpers. This leaves me feeling alittle short changed. If a viilain has been especially 'villainous' i feel the death should fit the level of evilness. Here is just a few of my favourite villains who have come to a suitably sticky demise. I will allow henchmen aswell, as sometimes they get better deaths than 'The Boss.'

Joseph Pilato-Day of the Dead
Benicio Del Toro-Licence to Kill. This also leads to what i think is Bond's best line in the film. " Switch the bloody machine off! "
Michael Ironside-Total Recall
Paul Freeman-Raiders of the Lost Ark
Tommy Lee Jones-Under Siege
Robert Davi-Licence to Kill
Jeremy Irons-The Lion King. This just suprised me in a Disney Film.
Yaphet Kotto-Live and Let Die
The Crazy 88-Kill Bill vol 1
Ronny Cox-Robocop. But there are loads of good deaths in this.
John Malkovich-Con Air
Denzel Washington-TrainingDay

Welcome to the human race...
This has probably been done already btw.

I would nominate the Kurtz death from Apocalypse Now, although I find his villain status slightly debatable.

Failing that, there's always Stansfield in Léon.

Hi guys/girls. Sometimes in film you get a particually nasty bad guy who only meets his maker with the slightest of wimpers. This leaves me feeling alittle short changed. If a viilain has been especially 'villainous' i feel the death should fit the level of evilness. Here is just a few of my favourite villains who have come to a suitably sticky demise. I will allow henchmen aswell, as sometimes they get better deaths than 'The Boss.'
I always liked Vincent Price's self-automated demise in The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

This wasn't your usual villain situation, but one of the finest death scenes ever filmed was in the World War II movie The Victors (1963) in which some companies of young US soldiers are assembled to watch a military execution in an European forrest on a snowy winter day. What makes this scene so outstanding is that it's filmed in black and white and in near silence as the young soldiers stack their weapons and fall into formation. Once they're in position, the official party of military officers, chaplains, prisoners and firing squad march in. The prisoners (I'm pretty sure there were two of them but it may have been three) are tied to poles on one empty side of a square area with the soldier witnesses formed along the other three sides. The firing squad is in place as the chaplains finish talking to the condemned prisoners. Then the officer in charge of the firing squad blindfolds the prisoners and takes his position next to the firing squad. A field grade officer steps forward to read the charges for which the condemned were convicted and the death order from the court martial. The officer in charge of the firing squad calls them to attention, orders them to assume the firing position, then orders them to fire. The bodies of the condemn jerk and then sag against the ropes holding them in place. And through the whole scene the only sound heard is Frank Sinatra singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (a song introduced by Judy Garland some years earlier in Meet Me in St. Louis). The Christmas ballad with its longing to be home with loved ones over the holiday in juxtaposition with the ceremonial staging of a military execution and the looks in the young soldiers' faces when they realize what they are about to witness makes it an unforgettable scene. And can you imagine how horrific it would be for the condemned as each bit of the ceremony is completed bringing them ever closer to death?

I think the idea of the scene was that these soldiers were supposed to be witnessing American soldiers being executed for desertion in the face of the enemy. But in truth, only one soldier was executed for desertion during all of World War II--Eddie Slovak. These could have been other soldiers executed for other crimes such as rape and murder--that did happen during WWII. Or it could have been German soldiers caught in American uniforms behind US lines during the Battle of the Bulge; such men were executed during the war. In the end, the prisoners and their crimes are not important; the methodical execution with that Christmas Carol playing in the background through the whole song as recorded by Sinatra is what sticks in your mind.

The movie itself is just OK but I really liked the end of the last fight in Patrick Tam's The Sword. I'm going to spoil the death since most people haven't/probably won't see it, and I'm not especially recomending watching the whole thing anyway:

The villain seems to be winning and then he flys directly at the hero, spliting first his own sword and then himself down the middle on the hero's sword. It's abrupt but so over the top and unexpected, easily the most memorable thing about the movie.

Hans Gruber, Die Hard (1988)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
"This is from Matilda..." - Leon (1994)

"Come closer Baron..." -
Dune (1984)

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it"
- Unforgiven (1992)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
How ever insanely stupid, Timothy Olyphant's death in Live Free or Die Hard was really, really cool to me...

I just know they're coming to kill me.

Quint (Robert Shaw), Jaws (1975)
Out of curiosity, how would you really consider Quint to be the villain?

Out of curiosity, how would you really consider Quint to be the villain?
Well, maybe not a villian in the strictest sense of the word but he was most certainly not a nice person really. He was a Fisherman and a sea-dog and I don't know about you but I've never met a single one of those guys that were applying for sainthood.

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

[seeing Hooper's equipment] "What are you? Some kind of half-assed astronaut?"

"Jesus H Christ, when I was a boy, every little squirt wanted to be a harpooner or a sword fisherman. What d'ya have there - a portable shower or a monkey cage?"

"Anti-Shark cage."

"Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?"

[Hooper nods]

"Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark."

"Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again."

Dennis Hopper in Speed
Mustafa in Austin Powers
That Mexican Bandit in Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Patches Ohooligan in Dodgeball
Dean Prichard and that chicks ex boyfriend at the end of Old School

Archibald Cunningham ~ Rob Roy

Jack Torrance ~ The Shining

The Kurgan ~ Highlander

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

This was not a boating accident
I totally agree with Tim Roth's death in Rob Roy. Always thought it looked like it really smarts!

Hans Gruber, Die Hard (1988)
Pike, I (and I'm sure others in the forum) would be interested if you would care to compare and contrast Gruber's death in a fall from great heights in Die Hard with that of Norman Lloyd as Fry falling from the Statue of Liberty in Hitchcock's 1942 film Saboteur. I saw Die Hard a long time ago and enjoyed it but really can't recall too many details of the film, including Gruber's death (that's just me, no reflection on the film itself).

As I remember Saboteur, however, hero Bob Cummings is clinging to one of those spikes protruding from Liberty's head and with one hand has caught the cuff of Fry's coat. But then the audience--and Fry--see the stitching at the shoulder of the coat beginning to give way until Fry falls, leaving Cummings holding only his empty coat sleeve. I admire Hitchcock's touch of that empty sleeve, and I've read accounts of how they filmed Fry's fall by having him lie on the floor and, with him in frame against a neutral backdrop, rapidly elevating the camera above him so that we "see" him falling away in the distance. I wonder it that inspired Gruber's death scene? And surely it must have been easier to create with today's special effects technology that was lacking in 1942.

[seeing Hooper's equipment] "What are you? Some kind of half-assed astronaut?"
When I first read this, "I thought I must have missed that scene!" Then I figured out that you were referring to the mechanical equipment Hooper was bringing aboard. Talk about the reputations of ol' salts!

I can't cite a villian or movie title but I always liked the scene in the old Tarzan and Jungle Jim films when the villian stumbles off into the quicksand and struggles vainly, still clutching the stolen treasure, as he sinks deeper and deeper into the muck, reaching in vain for a stick or vine to pull himself out as the ooze fills his gaping mouth and covers his eyes, leaving nothing but the few bubbles of his last breath that soon disappear.

I think there was a similar scene on the moor in American International's The Hound of the Baskervilles.