Zombieland

Tools    

Patrick Swayze Was to Cameo in Zombieland

Zombieland co-writer Rhett Reese revealed to ShockTillYouDrop.com that Patrick Swayze was going to have a cameo role in the horror-comedy before he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Swayze unfortunately had to bow out at the time. He passed away on Tuesday after a two year battle with the disease.

Reese has given the site a description of how the scene would have played out which you can read here. There, you will also find a list of other actors that were eyed for cameos, some of who you may see in the movie when it opens on October 2nd.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Originally Posted by jrs
Patrick Swayze Was to Cameo in Zombieland
Never research a part that hard....

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak

So wrong and yet so funny.
As long as nobody sees it. I tend to get in trouble for making a bad joke at the expense of a deceased celebrity. I don't mean to, but then something comes along (like this bit of information) and I can't help myself. I liked Patrick Swayze and all, but zombie roles before you actually die are just messed up.

Originally Posted by jrs
Why's that?? it's not like he was to have a cameo in a movie about someone with pancreatic cancer right before he died.
That's an interesting idea for a movie... a major celebrity dying of cancer stars in a movie about someone with the same type of cancer... has that ever been done?

I don't think having a cameo in any movie needs researching.
*sigh*

Anyway....Not sure I'm not getting rather fed up with Zombie films. They seem to be rising up with tedious regularity and barely getting above anything average. Too many jokey ones around as well.

Still, I'll give it a go on DVD I expect.

That's an interesting idea for a movie... a major celebrity dying of cancer stars in a movie about someone with the same type of cancer... has that ever been done?

John Wayne, "The Shootist".

And on TV that guy who played one of the top brass in "The Wire".

You want to post like me?
I'm really looking forward to this. Just seems like a delightful zombie flick that doesn't take itself too seriously. Just god ol' fashioned fun. Woddy Harrelson seems perfect for that kinda role.
The theater that has just opened in my city is showing it in the middle of the night. I'm definitely going.

It doesn't. The dirrector tells you what to do, where to go and whatnot. Me and my friend were used as cameos in Paul Newman's Nobody's Fool. So I know.
Oh hell fire and wombat turds!!
It was a joke!
An overly intense 'method acting' joke!

Robert DeNiro became a taxi driver to get into his role for "Taxi Driver"....Patrick Swayze dies to get into his role for a Zombie film!

Or are you just having me on? Surely.

Oh blessed chariot whisk me away to pastures less mind numbing.

I'm actually surprised that this movie is coming to theatres. When I first heard about it -- thanks to that scandalous news featuring Woody getting pissed at a photographer - I figured it was gonna be a direct to DVD movie.

Maybe the scandal gave it enough interest to put it in theatres.

I'm actually surprised that this movie is coming to theatres. When I first heard about it -- thanks to that scandalous news featuring Woody getting pissed at a photographer - I figured it was gonna be a direct to DVD movie.

Maybe the scandal gave it enough interest to put it in theatres.
you mean this...

The film was already scheduled to be released in theaters sometime this year when this video hit
&NR=1 so no, this had nothing to do with anything.

Opening on October 2nd is director Ruben Fleischer’s feature debut Zombieland starring Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson. To watch 5 Movie Clips and 7 TV spots for Zombieland click here.

Here’s the synopsis:

Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) doesn’t have fears. If he did, he’d kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they’re about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other.
Source: Collider

looks like great fun, i'll probably have to see it on my own though

noone i know seems to appreciate movies like this

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
We have a movie group through meetups.com here. So theoretically I could go to all the latest releases on the first Saturday showing after 7 with them but I can't afford such a thing! If I ran a movie group like that I'd go see things that had been out longer at cheaper times but that's just me.

Anyway, maybe you could check out a group like that and make some new movie buddies. Those in college can get discounted tickets too btw.