Could You Survive Your Favorite Flick?

Tools    

Well, as most of my fave movies are chickflicks (I actually typed flick chicks to begin with then) and more often than not have super happy endings, I would definately survive. Id love it!

If I tried really hard and ran really fast, I may handle getting off Jurassic Park alive.

Hmmm growing up in an idyllic Sicallian village? watching dozens of classic movies at the local cinema? learning the trade from the aging projectionist before finding my fortune as a highly respected film director?

Something tells me I'd have no trouble surviving that

Cinema Paradiso

Something tells me I'd have no trouble surviving that
You may have to be flame-resistant.

Employee of the Month
Interesting idea. So:

Terminator 2 - No, not John. The T-1000. I guess, it`s hard to beat Arnie.

The Departed - Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe **** yourself. ;.)

Great thread idea!

The World According To Garp

Whoof! Of all the movies I love, and none I love more than this one, Ive never daydreamed living the life of T.S. Garp. To make matters worse I read the book, and its even weirder.

Spoilers

Childhood - No dad?! An unheard of thing back in the 60s. The problem isnt the dad as much as Glenn Close being my mom. Jenny Garp was the most analytical, eccentric, intelligent, and stable woman ever! Even as a child I would be exhausted long before her. With her doting wisdom and strict ways Id surely be overwhelmed.

Adolescence - True hell. Jenny Garp detesting sex in any way puts a hurtin on Tongos libido. Girls "spidey sense" would warn them and theyd shy away from me simply because my mom is Nurse Jenny Garp. her seeds of wisdom as I grew up would blossom into trees of shame for my carnal urgings. Id run away from home....probably in a blunder join the service, and die in Vietnam. Actually compared to Garps eventual marriage this is a mercy. The End.

I can barely survive my own life ~ don't throw me into a movie and make me be another person.

Unless the movie is Lie To Me and I'm having very graphic sex with Eric Balfour nonstop!

I've survived many screenings of Citizen Kane. As the character Kane, I probably could have survived being caught in an affair better than he did, because I've been caught more often by my wives and their husbands.

As for any of many horror films, I could have survived simply by not going by myself into a dark and spooky area to retrieve a damn cat!

Chief Brody is probably my fave character in my fave film, and if he could survive Jaws when he's afraid of the water, I'd like to think I could survive since I love the water. Of course, I'm not that big of an expert with a gun, but I have won several prizes down through the years for shooting "fake guns", so if push comes to shove, I think I could hit that oxygen tank. Smile, you son of a biatch!
Some time back, the Myth Busters TV series had an episode in which they tried to duplicate all of the special effects in Jaws to see if they actually would work in real life. I remember they were able to duplicate the shark pulling a similar-size boat backward. And I think they concluded not even Jaws could pull that bunch of connected buoys underwater. As for shooting the gas-filled tank, I think there was a split: As I recall, they couldn't make the tank explode by shooting it, but they did show it could blow a shark apart if it did explode. But I may be remembering it wrong--that episode was a long time back.

How about The Last of the Mohicans?

I get the feeling you could hold your own...

I like to think I would hold my own in there... but I think it would depend on which character I decided on as I like several in that film... including Uncas and Magua...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

hmm... let me think about this for a second... get stoned and got on an adventure to find a whitecastle, hilarity ensues. I'm pretty much sure I can survive this, I've already been in a similar situation where we drove a couple hours looking for an all you can eat chinese buffet
now this isn't even close to my favorite movie, but quite frankly... I don't give a damn