Any good "psychedelic" movies?

Tools    

Mig
Okay, so what do I mean "psychedelic"?

It's kinda tough to say, and I guess my question could be interpreted broadly.

I feel like watching some kinda trippy movies...

I'm thinking kinda like this documentary I saw called LSD - The Beyond Within -, or something kinda similar to Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas which I have seen allready.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

There are a couple fun, cheesy AIP releases from the late 1960s, The Trip (1967) and Psych-Out (1968) with Nicholson (who wrote The Trip), Dennis Hopper, Peter Fonda, Bruce Dern - the regular Roger Corman gang from those days. And of course Dennis Hopper's Easy Rider (1969) has a famous tripping scene in New Orleans. There's also a great trippy Warhol party scene in Midnight Cowboy (1969).

&feature=related
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Where do I begin?! I'll keep things simple right now and just name a few random one's. Some of these movie's may not be quite the psychedelic mind****, but they're all trippy in their own right.
If you like amazing music Pink Floyd's The Wall is quite the adventure.

Donnie Darko is another not exactly purposefully psychedelic, but that movie is quite trippy

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is another excellent movie imho, and in and of itself is quite the experience

If you are a fan of animation type of dealies, I would recommend the Beetles' Yellow Submarine,

Fantastic Planet
is another great movie, I would go so far as to say the animation is revolutionary... great movie.

and of course the classic, great trip movie movie Alice in Wonderland

*EDIT:
Also, the movie The Cell, even though it isn't the greatest movie, is very similar to a bad LSD trip... I don't even know how to describe it, but it is pretty trippy. The wispers, voices, and imagery is very similar. Also Fantastic Planet is seen playing during the movie... so that's a plus

*double edit:
Everyone else is using pictures, so I will do it too

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
A few off the top of my head:
City of Lost Children

Mirrormask

Trainspotting

Bug

Natural Born Killers

The Fountain

A Scanner Darkly

Suspiria

also anything Lynch...

Take LSD and watch any movie, or for that matter watch the world become a movie.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Where do I begin?! I'll keep things simple right now and just name a few random one's. Some of these movie's may not be quite the psychedelic mind****, but they're all trippy in their own right.
If you like amazing music Pink Floyd's The Wall is quite the adventure.
Donnie Darko is another not exactly purposefully psychedelic, but that movie is quite trippy
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is another excellent movie imho, and in and of itself is quite the experience

If you are a fan of animation type of dealies, I would recommend the Beetles' Yellow Submarine, Fantastic Planet is another great movie, I would go so far as to say the animation is revolutionary... great movie.
and of course the classic, great trip movie movie Alice in Wonderland
This. For sure.

Many of the above suggestions are great, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned 2001: A Space Odyssey. If nothing else, there's one sequence in particular that is very........expansive.

A totally weird one is Pick-Up. I guess another obvious one is Waking Life.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but if so:

Labyrinth.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Fantastic Planet
Yellow Submarine
Pink Floyd The Wall
2001: A Space Odyssey

Mark recommended Koyaanisqatsi. If you like that, I recommend Baraka.

I also feel Rosemary's Baby is kind of like the bad trip of trippy films.

Good call on Altered States. Can't believe that didn't come to mind right off.

Oh, I just thought of Akira. Incredible movie, and a mind-bender, especially on first look.