The Matrix: Resurrections

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The trailer had a private screening, and will no doubt be coming soon for the public.

WARNING: "Trailer Breakdown" spoilers below
So I listened to a description of the trailer and idk, it sounds like a reboot of Matrix 1, Keanu plugged back in, seeing a psychiatrist about these visions or memories (of events in trilogy), and apparently bumps into Trinity on the street, then they both have deja vu and off we go.

The guy talking about the trailer talks about "young morpheus", idk if that means actual morpheus or another type character, there's another dojo scene with older Neo taking on said Morpheus and Neo destroys him this time.

Where it all goes from there who knows?

I guess it's a logical place to have Neo, plugged abck in, memory wiped, kept under wraps/control. Trinity coming back makes less sense, it's a bit of a narrative stretch that the machines found her in the ship and saved her, so who knows what's going on there.

It al sounds disappointing and another rehash like many reboots/sequels these days but we'll see.

I look forward to the trailer and film but remain skeptical, and let's be honest, the OT had a legendary opener and mixed parts 2 and 3, though I always though 2 was ok/good.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
It’s a good thing they planted that deja vu angle hard in the first movie.
"Matrix Resurrections, really ? Why do I feel we've already seen hundreds of movie sequels titled like th... OOOOOH"

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Interesting interactive trailer released. Full trailer tmrow.

Red pill or blue pill?

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

A system of cells interlinked
I took the red pill long ago...

You ready? You look ready.
Ok, major ****ing goosebumps but…I really am worried now. But I do love that color grading/cinematography.

And I am not digging that music choice at all. Where’s the techno grunge?

Ok, major ****ing goosebumps but…I really am worried now. But I do love that color grading/cinematography.

And I am not digging that music choice at all. Where’s the techno grunge?
1 - Why are you worried?

2- Yes! They should have looked up Juno Reactor to do a new track that had remnants of their old tune4s from the originals...

“I was cured, all right!”
About this trailer:
-The greenish color palette is gone - maybe because Sati redesigned the Matrix at the end of "Revolutions", but I didn't like it anyway...
-The costumes are pretty uninteresting;
-The music is really bad, but that's just my musical taste speaking louder;
-I don't care about the quality of the CGI, but the little presented seemed pretty boring to me;
-Thomas looks like the BOOMER he was in the first one, which gives me a fear called Repetition. There are a lot of frames in this trailer that go directly back to the first movie in a not original way;
-TRINITY's presence makes me uncomfortable. Even if she is a program and doesn't exist in the real world, I believe she will be an important part of the film, and I fear her being there simply because... she is;
-What is the "real world"? I used to have this idea that the real world wasn't so real after all (maybe another matrix), but that idea is dead now, I'm curious about Zion and where the hell is Morpheus? Is the movie set in the distant future? If so, how is Neo alive in the real world? How the machines would know how mankind could evolve? Perhaps this is the new circle of the chosen one, as Neo broke the path in Reloaded....
Well, as an old fan, I will watch this but I'm not excited. Mainly because I haven't liked any of the director's work since Matrix Revolutions...

-Thomas looks like the BOOMER he was in the first one, which gives me a fear called Repetition. There are a lot of frames in this trailer that go directly back to the first movie in a not original way;
I was about to say he is Gen X, but look at that, born in 1964, so the Boomer title is actually (just barely) correct. That said, The Matrix is solidly a GEN X flick.

Looked good to me. Between this and the new dune flick. We may be getting a little decent sci fi for a change.

@Sedai: I know I should wait for a proper trailer, but this franchise ate up a good portion of my life. I have some strong memories attached, and the teaser had some weak cuts for the more iconic parts of the franchise. (I.e Morpheus firing an automatic Glock on that freeway bridge in adverts is imprinted on my brain).

And I just really hate that song in advertising. I think Lost Odyssey when I hear it. Not The Matrix. It’s played out, which is why it sells.

I’m just getting vibes that the theory of “reality” being another simulation is going to get leaned into hard this time, and it’ll get messy. I dunno if I’m ready for that.

I watched the first three plastered out of my mind over 100 times. Studying it and trying to figure out things. Then when it finally clicked the franchise got all the more special for me. I was deep in the sauce and spices. Plus, I was studying philosophy at the time, which meant new ways to analyze. Every time I watched it got better.

Regarding the song choice, I'm just glad we're past the phase of ****ty acoustic/emo covers of classic songs in trailers. Give me the real thing, dammit.

As for the trailer, with the caveat that I only somewhat like the first movie and think the sequels suffer greatly from doubling down on the new age bull**** (like Star Wars prequel revisionism, their recently improved reputation baffles me)... this looks ****ing sick.

I haven’t had a good reason to go to the movies of late but I’ll be off work when this drops. Zero hour zero day. Then right back in 3 or 4 more times. Same day.

Still worried. But excited AF.