donniedarko- Top 100 movies 2014.

→ in
Tools    

I don't love Scream as much as some, but it's still one of the better slashers out there. Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all-time, so it's always great to see it show up on other people's favorites lists (even if you've ranked it fairly low). Black Swan is probably in my top 50 or so.

I haven't seen anything from the other set, and History of the World is the only one I have any interest in. I don't like sushi, so I don't know why I'd want to watch a man dream about it.

Loved History of the World Part I, but maybe that's just because I love everything Madeline Kahn does. I wouldn't put it higher than Young Frankenstein, though, personally.

85. Sisters (De Palma, 1973)

Sisters, thus far, is my favorite De Palma film. You can truly see the special Brian De Palma touch in this Hitchcock homage thriller. The only issue is with the film is that the Hulu Plus transfer is absolute ****, which kept me from buying the criterion. But overall the film is really intense and entertaining as hell. Perhaps an overused phrase, but watching this is truly like a roller coaster ride. De Palma's directorial work truly makes this a special film.

84. Blithe Spirit (Lean, 1945)

Blithe Spirit is a fantastic Noel Coward (play) screen adaption, by masterful director David Lean. This is a truly unique comedy as it explores the supernatural, as Charles (played by Rex Harrison) and his second wife are haunted by his first wife. Pure comedy though, nothing scary. The humor is charming and all the lead characters have great chemistry. A comedy that easily could be looked at as silly today keeps it charisma with the solid special effects, and timeless wit.

83. Simon of the Desert (Bunuel, 1965)

Simon of the Desert is only 45 minutes long (despite originally prepared as a segment for a full length film) and is one of director Bunuel's Mexican film efforts. Bunuel, an agnostic, has an obsession with religion and this film creates some great humor from of the oddities of biblical teachings. Simon is haunted by the devil, who comes in many forms. Always tempting the Jesus like Simon, and Simon must be a masochist since the devil comes in a rather sexy form, which I'm sure all men would allow themselves to fall into. If you like the undertone messages of The Holy Mountain but want a more minimalist exploration, check out this short film.

Hey look, three films from the:

any many more to come

One of each here. Blithe Spirit is great. A delightful little film. Sisters is rubbish. A Vertigo/Rear Window homage with a twist which is given away almost from the start. I've not seen Simon Of The Desert.

I'm not a fan of De Palma, but I enjoyed Sisters, in large part because of Margot Kidder.

Haven't seen Blithe Spirit or Simon of the Desert, but both sound interesting.

82. Reservoir Dogs (Tarantino, 1992)

Reservoir Dogs is the third Tarantino film to make the early fifth of my list, and it's actually the last as it's my favorite- only one I haven't seen is Jackie Brown. From the beginning brunch scene (pictured) you really feel a great chemistry between the star studded, and well versed cast. This continues when they're assigned names, and so on through the whole film, not all the characters are fully developed but there's something to love about each one. Whether it's the craziness of Mr. Blonde or the no bull **** attitude of Joe, each actor put up an entertaining performance, and while Tarantino has come close he's never quite matched Reservoir Dogs.

81. People Will Talk (Mankiewicz, 1951)

People Will Talk, is just funny. It follows the unorthodox Dr. Noah Praetorius, combining a story of his professional life and his love life. There are two scenes that are just hilarious, the Sunderson story and the train scene. It's a romantic comedy that's just a bit forgotten, that definitely deserves a viewing.

80. The Godfather (Coppola, 1972)

A man who does not have The Godfather on his list, is hardly a man at all.
In Reality it's kind of awkward for me to place this film on my list, and for this reason I'm probably under ranking it. I've never seen Part II, and quite some time has passed since I've seen this one, BUT it was truly an extraordinary viewing, where I could equally appreciate the film making and the story. Beautifully designed, and led by Brando and Pacino it's just great to see the actors shine all the way through. Brando's character Don Vito is as quotable as it gets, many of his lines stay fresh in my mind. A timeless classic, that I really should get to rewatching.

Understand that rep is for The Godfather NOT Reservoir Dogs!
You repped the post, the WHOLE post.

Hey everyone! Gunslinger is a Tarantino fan!

Love Reservoir Dogs and The Godfather, both are on my top 50 too . Haven't seen or heard of People Will Talk but i will look out for it.

Get to watching Part 2 before you watch rewatch The Godfather, it's honestly more than a sequel which is why it's usually paired with the first one on some lists . I even like Part 3 .