donniedarko- Top 100 movies 2014.

→ in
Tools    

I see, I guess one of the other ones is certainly, Nausicaa.
Ya, I don't really want to spoil the top ten but...

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Liking your list so far. Lots of variety, which makes a list more personal and interesting, I think.

Love Ratatouille and Young Frankenstein. Being John Malkovich is great and I liked Argo a lot better than I thought I would.

94. Ferris Bueller's Day off (Hughes, 1986)

Ferris Buller's Day off is a simple, energetic, and charming comedy... which I feel deserves the title of John Hughes classic more than The Breakfast Club. Ferris is suave and carefree, but not annoying. He's practically a late 60s character in an energetic 80s setting. Also got to love Charlie Sheen's guest appearance.

93. Shutter Island (Scorsese, 2010)

This is perhaps my most outspoken opinion, but Shutter Island is the best Scorsese film. Maybe there are some that are technically better, but this is my favorite and the only one making the list (Goodfellas was a very close contender). What can I say, the final twist in this film makes it worth more to me than any other of the great director's films. Leonardo DiCaprio is great in this chilling modern psychological thriller.

92. Kill Bill: Vol 1 (Tarantino, 2003)

Kill Bill: Vol 1 is the superior of the two awesome Tarantino revenge flicks. I'd give both the same rating but 1 gets the edge for two reasons: the epic out numbered fight scene and that it made me immediately want to go watch Volume 2, which didn't disappoint at all. Uma Thruman is a bad ass, from the moment she wake up from her coma getting raped to when she meets Bill (Volume 2), she impresses (as a character and actress).

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is, hand's down, my most nostalgic movie. My family watched it so much in my youth I practically know it line for line.

Dig the other two as well, especially Shutter Island.

All these three get a thumbs up from me.

That said,
93. Shutter Island (Scorsese, 2010)
This is perhaps my most outspoken opinion, but Shutter Island is the best Scorsese film.
This would make sense only if he didn't make at least 13 better films.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No better Scorsese film than SI from what I've seen.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like Ferris Bueller's Day Off (although it's a very long time since I've seen it) and even though I don't think it's anywhere near Scorsese's best film, I still think Shutter Island is an awesome flick. The latter I've actually rewatched a few weeks ago. Scorsese's directing is always top notch...

Kill Bill Vol. 1 made my own top 101 list and it's also my favorite of the two. The fight sequences, the vibrant use of music, the anime scene, etc. I love it all!

11 looking at my ratings

That's a good set of films - FBDO and KB1 are very good and SI is good.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
All these three get a thumbs up from me.

That said,

Shutter Island is my second least favorite to Hugo. But I've only seen 10.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
i was very happily surprised with shutter island and Bueller is a fun, quotable film; and though i've only seen kill bill 2 or 3 times, thurman does some fantastic ass-kickin in that one

reps across the board on that one

That's a set of movies that I'm just not crazy about at this particular time.

I saw Ferris at the movies when it came out, and I always liked it until the last time I watched it, when I liked it a little less.

Shutter Island and Kill Bill would seem to have many of the ingredients of a movie I would love. They were both disappointing to me; I don't know, just one of those things.

I can at least understand why those 3 would be loved by someone else.

Not a big fan of Ferris Bueller or John Hughes.

That's fine if Shutter Island is your favorite Scorsese, but to call it his best? Really? Really?

I love Kill Bill and Quentin Tarantino in general. I prefer Volume II by a slight margin, mainly because it draws more heavily from spaghetti westerns, but both volumes are excellent. The Crazy 88 sequence is one of my favorites in all of cinema.

I used to really like Bueller, but the last two times I've liked it less. Shutter Island is good, but the twist is given away in the trailer, so there wasn't any surprise for me there. I've only seen it the once, but it was good. Not great.

Kill Bill I really do need to see again. I liked Vol 2 more than the first as it felt a lot more like a Tarantino script, but I wasn't blown away by either. Easily his worst film (at the time, sadly, he's made Inglorious Basterds since and, possibly Django). I've always thought Uma Thurmas was a terrible piece of casting for the role and he managed to make her look ugly to boot, which should be a crime.