Ron Howard vs Oliver Stone
38.46%
10 votes
Howard
61.54%
16 votes
Stone
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I know there different but which one do you prefer. I like Oliver Stones political thriller style but for me Ron Howards Frost/Nixon, Da Vince Code, and the undercredited Angles vs Demons just steal this one for me.

Semper Fooey
donniedarko and Yoda, they have the names listed.

I'm abstaining.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Stone has made Natural Born Killers & JFK.

Howard has made Splash & The Da Vinci Code.

C'mon.

Oliver Stone even if he hasn't brought out anything memorable for years.

I do like Ron Howard but nothing is as memorable for me but will never forget this!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
neither is anything all that special if you ask me. that being said, I do like Willow and Parenthood

so, I guess Ron Howard.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I prefer Stone's gritty storytelling. I think of Ron Howard as having a lighter touch--but Night Shift goes a long way with me, lol

Ron Howard is one of the all-time most overrated director's in my opinion. All of his films are super saccharine, sentimental fluff. I'll admit I haven't seen Frost/Nixon, but after having watched enough of his films to permanently make me jaded, I have no desire to see it.

While I feel Oliver Stone is extremely hit or miss, he takes this by a mile.

Frost/Nixon is actually one of my 15 favorite films. The acting was right on and it flowed so well. I was mad that it didn't win picture, Slumdog millionare was just 100% utter crap and Curios Case was OK at best

Truthfully I don't see the appeal of Oliver Stone. A majority of his filmography is over-stylized, contrived and self-involved. Ron Howard is....well, many things and none of them good.

So neither.

Both have made a lot of films that i'm not particularly fond of. Howard is properly overrated by the industry though and Stone's 80's stuff is actually solid, in particular Salvador and Wall Street, so Stone wins this fairly easily for me. Though I am a fan of Willow.

Me too. I think Stone and Howard are both masters - but so unlike I can't even begin to compare them. -but, donniedarko, you get a thumbs up for using Roman as your avatar

I admire the work of both, but I have to go with Howard by a nose...his films are a little more accessible and I think he has a real nose for casting the right actors in the appropriate role. He also doesn't seem to be afraid to jump from genre to genre...it's hard to imagine that the same guy who directed SPLASH directed FROST/NIXON.